+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Rodman - Season 2

Dennis Rodman - Season 2

Dennis Rodman is a retired NBA player who played for the Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks. Born in Trenton, New Jersey, he was nicknamed "Dennis the Menace" and "The Worm" and was known for his fierce defensive and rebounding ability. Playing small forward in his early years before becoming a power forward, Rodman earned NBA All-Defensive First Team honors seven times and was voted NBA Defensive Player of the Year twice. Rodman also led the NBA in rebounds per game for a record seven consecutive years and won five NBA Championships.

Apart from basketball, Rodman is a part-time professional wrestler as well as a restaurateur. He had his own TV show "The Rodman World Tour" and had lead roles in the action films "Simon Sez" and "Double Team" alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme. Rodman was the winner of the $222,000 main prize on the 2005 edition of "The Celebrity Mole." Additionally, he participated in the U.K. "Celebrity Big Brother" and hosted "Geek to Freak" on Mark Cuban's HDNet. He is a long-time vegetarian, and in 2005, he became the first man (and the first sports star) to pose (naked) for PETA's advertisement campaign "Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur." Rodman will be playing for the charity, CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of New Orleans.

Dennis Rodman Dennis' charity is the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) New Orleans g

PERSONAL CONNECTION: Dennis had a troubled youth, growing up in a broken home and having brushes with the law. As a child, he often felt misunderstood, confused and lost. Dennis chose CASA New Orleans as his charity because he sees his own childhood mirrored in the lives of the children that CASA New Orleans now serves. Their goal is to ensure that each child who appears before the Orleans Parish Juvenile Court in abuse and neglect proceedings has a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Dennis Rodman - Season 2

He should bring some entertainment at least.

Sigh.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Dennis has had his personal issues but I've heard that nowadays he really does devote a lot of his time to charitable organizations. Also, he totally deserves a spot in the NBA Hall of Fame even though he'll probably never get it.

I watched him on the Celebrity Wrestling show and he was pretty quiet, really. He went at it like it was a job to be done. Besides, next to Danny Bonaduce & Dustin Diamond (two of his co-contestants) he looked like the very model of serenity and sanity.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Rodman is the ONLY reason I am going to attempt to watch this "show"

Rodman may have been a freaky guy, but he could play basketball. Additionally, how many of you knew he paid for the funeral of that kid that was drug by a truck and killed in Jasper TX? He didn't want a big show of it, it was just something he felt compelled to do. Dude has a HUGE heart!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3357774;
    Rodman is the ONLY reason I am going to attempt to watch this "show"

Rodman may have been a freaky guy, but he could play basketball. Additionally, how many of you knew he paid for the funeral of that kid that was drug by a truck and killed in Jasper TX? He didn't want a big show of it, it was just something he felt compelled to do. Dude has a HUGE heart!
    I had heard that somewhere, too. I do give a lot of credit to someone who does that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Dennis will be kept around for his ability to provide outrageous television and because he is arguably probably the most recognizable celebrity name on the roster.

Let's hope we see more team effort and less ego from Rodman on other challenges. I am hard-pressed to name anything he did at all on the cupcake challenge except spew some hot air in the boardroom and do a ride-along to Sirius with Dice Clay. How small of him to hide in the van, under the guise of keeping his blinding celebrity under a bushel so as to not 'interfere' with the selling. Bull! When he could've been a draw just by standing on the street, and he refused to do even that much.

Dennis has a worthwhile charity but it didn't look like the kids who would benefit from it even crossed his mind while he was hiding in the van . . .

lol, nothing to say on Dennis other than LOVE him!

I think that if Dennis is given a JOB and responsibilities, he will do great. He just needs direction and the need to be utilized

[QUOTE=AJane;3353080 he really does devote a lot of his time to charitable organizations. [/QUOTE]

ITA (I just hope they don't use a picture of him in a wedding dress for it! )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast