+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brande Roderick - Season 2

Brande Roderick - Season 2

Brande Roderick started her first company in 2000 called She-Ra Productions, a film and television production company. She also manages two other companies including Financiallyhung.com. Financiallyhung.com started out as an idea for a t-shirt, which then grew to the idea of using the name for a professional social network.

In addition to "The Celebrity Apprentice," Roderick will be starring in a new reality show with Brooke Burke and Tracy Bingham called "Flirty 30's," a mix between "Sex and the City" and "Desperate Housewives." Most recently, she guest starred in "The Game," on the CW Network. Roderick also hosts a show on the Reelz Channel called "What I Learned From the Movies." Additionally, Roderick has recently held supporting roles in several movies including "The Nanny Diaries" starring Scarlett Johansson, "Starsky & Hutch," "Dracula II" and "Hood of Horror" starring alongside Snoop Dog. Roderick will be playing for the charity, CPYC California Police Youth Charities.

Brande's charity is the California Police Youth Charities (CPYC)

PERSONAL CONNECTION: Brande is a celebrity advisor for CPYC, which provides programs run by positive role models, for at-risk kids in California. Along with her husband, former Denver Bronco and two-time Superbowl winner Glenn Cadrez, Brande runs a CPYC program in San Diego. Brande and Glenn plan activities with at-risk kids, such as taking them to football games and barbecues. Brande is dedicated to the CPYC, because through sharing her time and energy with the kids, she sees first-hand the impact of the program.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Brande Roderick - Season 2

Isn't Celebrity Apprentice supposed to have celebrities? Who the heck are half these people?

Not JUST a Baywatch girl, but one who's appeared Naked even more than Pam Anderson!

Good job, show! Only not.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Now this is one individual I won't be rooting for. I can't stand anyone who has ever starred on "Baywatch" and this female's no different.

Huh . . .why does her profile not mention that she was Playmate of the Year, when it's plastered prominiently all over the show? And I saw the "Nanny Diaries", twice and I sure as heck don't remember her!

Okay . . . I'm not passing judgement for posing in Playboy, though I can't imagine her daddy is particularly proud. But I do object to this being held up as an 'accomplishment' akin to all the sports and musical talent we have on this show.

Let's be honest--this is a pretty sad field of 'talent' for the women. But leave it to Donald Trump to elevate plastic boobs and bleached blonde hair to a level of talent sufficient for this show. Right up there with a Heisman Trophy, an Olympic gold medal and a pile of platinum records, yessir!

Trump is such a hypocrite pretending he's some chivalrous champion of women. We should ask the two ex wives he's been unfaithful to about just how much he really values women.

I'm glad Brande has diversified herself enough that maybe she won't have to pose for skin mags no more. But as a woman, I am fairly insulted that the adult enertainment industry is represented with a 'celebrity' while many other more deserving fields of achievement were overlooked.

Who cares? Celebrity Apprentice is just code for 'I don't have a career to ruin'. All of these people are Has-Beens or Never-Weres. This one seems like a little of both.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that Brande represents the adult entertainment industry. I read her bio online and she has far more acting credits than anything resembling "adult entertainment". Of course, she's no Meryl Streep, but if Jennifer Aniston can do a nude magazine cover and call herself "actress" than so can Brande, I guess.

And honestly...this is "Celebrity" Apprentice. The men's team has several sports stars, but few women in sports have household names - I mean, who is this golf pro that's on??? I've never heard of her but I certainly know Dennis, Herschel, and Scott. Any big-name female sports star is too big for this show (unless Trump could get a retired figure skater like, say, Nancy Kerrigan). I don't know what other fields of achievement would include someone who's a recognizable enough face to be on a celebrity reality show. They're already streching the definition mighty thin. Although if Jesse can be included in a group like this, maybe we could have some women like Kat Von D (recognizable, and both an artist and a business owner). Or someone who has a demonstrated talent and career and is well-known, like one of the female Trading Spaces designers? Those are the type of women who are more interesting to me than models/actresses.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, there's Vanity Fair kind of nude, and then there's Hugh Hefner nude.

Jen was strategically covered by a tie, as I recall, and arranged so that no naughty bits were showing. We can't say that about Playmate of the Year, now, can we?

Brande may surprise me--she manged to raise a lot of money while keeping her clothes on--but they were donors of the Playboy organization that know her best with her clothes off, after all.

I just mentioned sports as an example, since the guys' side has a lot of athletes on it, not that I need to see a representative number of jocks on the girls' side. Kat Von D. would indeed make for good TV, but I guess she's much too busy with her own show to have been available for Trump. How about some more female entreupreneurs. Mrs. Fields would have been a huge help on this last challenge--bet those cupcakes wouldn't have fallen under her supervision! Somebody like Kathy Griffin for the gals' side would have presented a counterpoint to Dice, though Annie seems to be filling the 'bitchy redhead' role out nicely.

I didn't have anybody particular in mind, but my point is that a woman celebrated for accomplishments other than what she looks like naked would be more respectful of women in general, since Donald is so big into respecting women from his own lips. I note that there is nobody on the men's team that has gotten to be a celebrity strictly for his looks alone. (By the looks of most of the men's team, I'd say that's good for them--visual beauty is not a hallmark of this male team.) But then, it's always been the perogative of males to be judged on their skills, not on their looks. Do we really suppose Dennis Rodman would get laid if it weren't for basketball? That dude hurts my eyes.

But women have battled long enough to have earned the right to be famous for something other than their boobs. It's a relatively weak female team, compared to the men's side. They've got Scott Hamilton, Clint Black, stars of NBA and NFL, a genius with fixing stuff . . . and the women have a Kardasian and a Playboy bunny. The level of sexism is definitely skewed one way. Now if the guys had a Chippendale's dancer or an underwear model, I'd say that would at least be more balanced.

Ole Donnie will keep her around a bit me think Donnie likes the naked girl

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3359413;
    But women have battled long enough to have earned the right to be famous for something other than their boobs. It's a relatively weak female team, compared to the men's side. They've got Scott Hamilton, Clint Black, stars of NBA and NFL, a genius with fixing stuff . . . and the women have a Kardasian and a Playboy bunny. The level of sexism is definitely skewed one way. Now if the guys had a Chippendale's dancer or an underwear model, I'd say that would at least be more balanced.
    I agree, but it's not a lot different from last season, when we had Tiffany Fallon and Omarosa and the men again had the advantage of more recognizable faces like Gene Simmons, Piers Morgan and Trace Adkins. At least with CA, we're getting some women that have something besides their bodies to offer...look at Survivor, where the less attractive women are usually given the boot for being nothing more than "too old".

I'm not really meaning to argue, as I essentially agree with you. I still miss Carolyn on the Donald's side of the table, as I thought she was a good example of a serious, hardworking, intelligent woman. I'd take her & George over the Trumplettes any day, but Ivanka has done a fair job of maintaining her composure amid the silliness and keeping her poker face on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

At first glance, I'd agree that the women's team doesn't look too strong, but I do remember that Melissa won Celebrity Mole several seasons ago. She is very competitive and she may end up going far in this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast