+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brande Roderick - Season 2

Re: Brande Roderick - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3415052;
    annie probably teaches celebs how to play poker. it's been a big deal lately...you see a lot of celebs in the tournaments.
    Ok, thanks.
    Makes sense.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Brande's comeback when Trump asked her if it was enough to just be beautiful and not have to be smart was brilliant. Saying Ivanka has probably had to fight the same stereotype her whole life so you just work harder to prove people wrong, she definitely got Ivanka's stamp of approval with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3425660;
    Brande's comeback when Trump asked her if it was enough to just be beautiful and not have to be smart was brilliant. Saying Ivanka has probably had to fight the same stereotype her whole life so you just work harder to prove people wrong, she definitely got Ivanka's stamp of approval with that one.

I thought it was a good move, yet a ridiculous statement.
    If Ivanka's had any difficulty being seen as a serious business woman I would imagine that has at least as much if not more to do with the fact she works for her father's company than that she's attractive.
    The fact that she's qualified really is neither here nor there, people will cry nepotism just as much for her as they do for Donald Jr and he's no oil painting.
    Brande's famous for being in Playboy, being attractive is hardly a hindrance to success in that field.
    I'm not surprised Donald fell for it, Ivanka had more sense, or so I thought.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3425721;
    I thought it was a good move, yet a ridiculous statement.
    If Ivanka's had any difficulty being seen as a serious business woman I would imagine that has at least as much if not more to do with the fact she works for her father's company than that she's attractive.
    The fact that she's qualified really is neither here nor there, people will cry nepotism just as much for her as they do for Donald Jr and he's no oil painting.
    Brande's famous for being in Playboy, being attractive is hardly a hindrance to success in that field.I'm not surprised Donald fell for it, Ivanka had more sense, or so I thought.
    And if being attractive has been a hindrance, isn't becoming a Playmate an odd way to try to gain respect and be seen as something more than just a beautiful woman? Ivanka was clearly flattered by the comparison in looks, but she could just as easily have been insulted by the comparison of someone who went to one of the most prestigous business schools in the country vs. the route Brande chose as having overcome similar stereotypes. Ugh. Isn't Brande part of the stereo-typing problem? I actually like her, but let's be honest, she didn't do Playboy to be taken seriously as a business woman.

FORT Fogey

I was disturbed that Trump let the guy in on his little secret before his own daughter.

That was a total "men's club" moment which I find utterly disgusting.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3426765;
    I was disturbed that Trump let the guy in on his little secret before his own daughter.

That was a total "men's club" moment which I find utterly disgusting.
    as much as i DO dislike the Donald.. I think it had more to do with the fact that Donald felt that it was Melissa who needed to go (she has just shushed him), and the little elf felt that Brande was the weak link.. I think he was telling him not asking him. there wouldn't have been a need to tell Ivanka, shes a mini-trump... shes always going to agree.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234