+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

Annie Duke - Season 2

Annie Duke, has established herself as one of the best poker players in the world. In 2004, Duke beat out an assembly of 234 players in the World Series of Poker $2000 buy-in Omaha Hi/Lo Split and won her first WSOP bracelet. In August of the same year, Duke knocked out eight of the world's greatest poker legends and won $2 million in the No-Limit Texas Hold'em winner-take-all, invitation-only WSOP Tournament of Champions, established by ESPN and Harrah's Entertainment.

Duke now serves as a consultant for the online poker site UltimateBet.com to ensure that their rules of poker and tournament structure match those you would find in the famous poker rooms of the Las Vegas strip. Furthermore, she is sought after for her vast poker skills and knowledge, coaching the likes of Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Ashton Kutcher and Charles Barkley on their poker game. Duke regularly offers a private poker lesson with herself as an auction item for charity auctions and has raised funds to benefit numerous charities. Duke is also involved in various charitable organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Ante Up for Africa (a project with actor Don Cheadle), Children's Hospital, and many others. Duke will be playing for the charity, Refugees International.

Annie's charity is Refugees International

PERSONAL CONNECTION: Annie feels privileged to play the game she loves -- poker -- for a living, but her passion is to direct attention to those in desperate circumstances. Refugees International generates lifesaving humanitarian assistance and protection for displaced people around the world, in places like the Sudan and Congo. Annie is passionate about the RI's mission to provide emergency relief, and to ultimately help displaced persons return home.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

Definitely one of the worst players to have won a bracelet. Leave your kids and husband to chae a dream. You blow.......
    Gumby
    Proud Member of The Collective

This one's got balls enough to play on the men's team. She'll have to keep them covered a bit better if she wants to continue to play with the women, though, else they might lynch her.

She's like sand in the underwear and fingernails on a chalkboard all in one. She seems efficient, but she's going to have to tone it down some. A true leader is confident enough to know when to speak and when to keep her mouth shut. A true leader leads by motivation, not bullying. It's going to be a tough week for the women when she's PM--but I predict that she may just pull out the ultimate win. She's crass, brash and unconcerned with anyone's feelings--very like the Donald. She will keep everyone riled up and make for good TV.

Unfortunately, I really disliked the way the women behaved around her last night. Seeing as she wasn't the PM, they were within their rights to ignore her attempts to dominate everything. Whining to Donald about how 'mean' she was sounds so very fourth grade. Nobody likes a tattletale, and I think Trump will side with Annie every time. She's like him in female form--why would he not?

She needed to shut the heck up and do her work she placed a huge target on her back last night.

She's a real smart cookie. She used to be in the "mob" on that Bob Sagat game show and she was one of those who would rarely get beaten. She would outlast the contestant 9 times out of 10.

Annie did her homework. She analyzed the last season and brought up many valid points about location, location, location.

Yeah, she's bossy, but she's coming from knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by madlyophelia;3361710;
    She's a real smart cookie. She used to be in the "mob" on that Bob Sagat game show and she was one of those who would rarely get beaten. She would outlast the contestant 9 times out of 10.

Annie did her homework. She analyzed the last season and brought up many valid points about location, location, location.

Yeah, she's bossy, but she's coming from knowledge.
    Yes--that's why I predict she will be the winner. Whatever that means for a bunch of celebrities. Being smart is important, but the key thing is knowing how to press an advantage and keep pressing until all your competitors yell "Uncle!" The only thing that might derail Annie is if she gets too crass and does something really outrageous, like drop trou on the street such as Ivana did in Season 2. I think Trump is brash, but he doesn't truck with crudity . . . which is why I was shocked, shocked! to hear the Donald get bleeped the other night. Whenever, in all the previous seasons of this show have we heard Trump swear?

For all his blustery self-aggradizement, Trump is very prudish in his personal conduct--no smoking, no drinking, no swearing--and he frowns on people who do such, even in the rough and tumble atmosphere of Manhattan real estate. So getting bleeped was definitely out of character.

Annie seems like she could really bleeping bleep, if she let fly.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I love Annie, like i said, I want to be her. I admire the way she plays poker.. and i say that because it is her job, this is what she does. She does it in a sea of oft brash, loud, and ballsy men. She did get to be a little much on the first show, but she WAS right. She just needs to look at this situation again, take the feedback and adjust as needed. I am sure she will.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3363635;
    I love Annie, like i said, I want to be her. I admire the way she plays poker.. and i say that because it is her job, this is what she does. She does it in a sea of oft brash, loud, and ballsy men. She did get to be a little much on the first show, but she WAS right. She just needs to look at this situation again, take the feedback and adjust as needed. I am sure she will.
    I agree....I really like her and just think she is stating her mind with good points. She might be brash but she makes sense.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have to say that I love Annie. Sure, she's brash at times-but when you work so closely with Phil Hellmuth, I would be too.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3364874;
    I have to say that I love Annie. Sure, she's brash at times-but when you work so closely with Phil Hellmuth, I would be too.

Phil and Mike the Mouth! lol

I think part of Annie's problem is she is logical and analytical, you NEED to be to play poker. She would do better on a team of men, and they would love her. She would be able to manage Dennis and Dice. Women never work well together for long and when one has strong ideas and opinions based on facts, they all get scared and feel threatened. I love that Annie is NOT afraid to hold back, and good for her. Im sure some of it has to do with her edit, but she can be a little less pushy. I assume shes fighintg to be heard with MissRivers, shes always been annoying to me.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 03-04-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast