+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 116

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

  1. #81
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyWyntre;3435169;
    I adore Annie. I think Piers nailed it when he observed that she is smarter than the others who remained--by quite a margin. She's educated and down-to-earth. I find it fascinating that people are more offended by her BJ claim than by Joan calling her *Hitler*.
    One of the two players remaining has class. It ain't Joan.
    Me too. In fact I am stunned that the idle, albeit somewhat risque, chit chat between a couple of friends in the kitchen is considered to be the more distasteful of the two comments.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #82
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,614

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyWyntre;3435169;
    I adore Annie. I think Piers nailed it when he observed that she is smarter than the others who remained--by quite a margin. She's educated and down-to-earth. I find it fascinating that people are more offended by her BJ claim than by Joan calling her *Hitler*.

    One of the two players remaining has class. It ain't Joan.
    lol I must be low class.. white trash.. whore pit viper… whatever.. because that was about the funniest comment on this season. I laughed my butt off.

    To me it made Annie more real.. she wasn't an uptight, prissy, little fake female.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 05-05-2009 at 09:19 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  3. #83
    Caged Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,817

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    I hope she wipes the floor with Joan (& Melissa's) face.

    So what if she's overconfident, it's better than being a biatch.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  4. #84
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,527

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    I agree, Maveno. Annie is an agressive go-getter type player, here. Joan was nasty and really showed what she is about when she left the show because Melissa was fired. If they leave the show, they shouldn't be allowed back. GO, Annie!!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,571

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3435365;
    For those who claim that Annie is somehow oblivious to how her confidence comes off to people...

    From her most recent blog entry:
    It's funny when it is a man who acts like Annie and who is confident in who they are, this man is seen as a savvy businessman(Piers, Donald Trump). When a woman like Annie does it then she is the worse than Hitler. I like Annie because I am the same way confident and not afraid to toot my own horn. You Go Annie Win next week and send that Gargoyle and Devil spawn packing for some low rent red carpet schtick.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #86
    Miss Jackson Fan MICHEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    810

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3436020;
    It's funny when it is a man who acts like Annie and who is confident in who they are, this man is seen as a savvy businessman(Piers, Donald Trump). When a woman like Annie does it then she is the worse than Hitler. I like Annie because I am the same way confident and not afraid to toot my own horn. You Go Annie Win next week and send that Gargoyle and Devil spawn packing for some low rent red carpet schtick.
    I don't agree. I think Donald and, especially, Piers are over confident jerks too. While I disagree with Joan's rant, I think I see what she means about Annie. Annie comes off as like she's a nice person but there's a smugness just below. She acts like she's the innocent one but I just don't believe it. For example when she complimented Joan and said she really like her oh please, she hates her now so why, WHY be phony about it and act as if ~ I think Donald was starting to see it too. As far as Piers choosing Annie in the final 2...duh...she's a lot like him (nothing particularly good in my book). Funny thing is, if she appeared in his season I have a feeling he would have disliked her. With all that said (whew) I will be surprised if Joan won, so I figure it'll be like the last C.A. ~ a disappointing winner.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

    "Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

  7. #87
    what is life? tvfanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in the here and now
    Posts
    118

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    I believe it's Annie's game to lose. Trump has repeatedly said he doesn't care for quitters and Joan quit the game when she walked out with Melissa.

    In poker, if you say you are betting, then move your chips in, then change your mind, it's too bad...you cannot get them out of the pot. The only reason Joan's in the final two is that he needed an Annie/Joan finale for ratings sake.

  8. #88
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,085

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    For example when she complimented Joan and said she really like her oh please, she hates her now so why, WHY be phony about it and act as if
    She didn't say she LIKED her, she said she respected her. I understand her completely... I respect Joan for her energy and willingness to work hard at her age, but I certainly don't like her.

    It's as simple as this: Joan saw in Annie a competitor against her daughter... she tried to pull her into a 'kinship' with Melissa against Brande and it didn't work because Annie has a mind of her own. This ticked Joan off to no end, because she wanted to be the one manipulating people in this game. I see JOAN as the more manipulative one... but she couldn't get what she wanted with Annie and acted like a victim as a result. BS. The Rivers are conniving, manipulative and nasty.
    It's possible if Annie hadn't been able to manipulate this game in her favour she would have been just as ticked at Joan as Joan is right now. But my guess is she wouldn't have had little temper tantrums and called Joan a Hitler...
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-06-2009 at 10:34 AM.

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3435220;
    I don't think people realize the restraint she had with Joan & Melissa. I think like everyone said always the poker face. Annie let alot of America in on what truly Hateful Little B's Joan & Melissa are.
    Piers let a lot of Omarosa's crap slide right off his back until she attacked his children and his ability as a father. I think they both showed a tremendous amount of restraint. When Joan called her Hitler, if that were me, I'd've said more than 'don't talk to me ever again'.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  10. #90
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,881

    Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

    Hey...Annie is so "perfect" in everything she does...why don't she do DWTS next...see how good she can do there? course, one of the pros would be saddled with her and likely to slap her

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.