+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

I like her, too. When she started playing professional poker, women players found it almost impossible to get any respect from the men. She had to become tough.

Like big brother Howard Lederer, she's very educated with a degree from Columbia University for a double major in English and psychology. She followed this by earning a fellowship for grad work in psycholinguistics at UPenn. She's highly intelligent and I'd love to take some poiker lessons from her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Annie's very sharp and very knowledgeable, but, IMO, wouldn't score too high on social intelligence. She doesn't seem to have a clue about how she comes across. About a year ago I read her autobiography [it's an interesting read] -- her family was pretty dysfunctional --- that could definitely have affected her social development.

I didn't really have too much of an issue with any of her behavior except when she was rude to the potential big donors. If she had questions about the transaction, she should have called her teammate over and spoken privately.

I've never see her before and I don't watch poker players. She may be playing in a man's world, but if women have learned any lessons through the years it should be not to stoop to such a crass level. She is seriously lacking in social skills. I listen to people who are rational, calm and confident. She comes across, IMO, as brash, irrational and totally arrogant. Just not a combination I like to see. And to be rude to a contributor's face is just not at all professional. It's cruel.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Her lack of social skills are apparent, but like Piers I think she can bring in lots of money and possibly win despite this. At this point in the game she doesn't seen to have any allies, and she really needs them before the ladies gang up and get her out.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY;3376901;
    Her lack of social skills are apparent, but like Piers I think she can bring in lots of money and possibly win despite this. At this point in the game she doesn't seen to have any allies, and she really needs them before the ladies gang up and get her out.

WHAT LACK OF SOCIAL SKILLS, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

SHe has the mosty social skills because she is calm and doesnt talk over people. She is extremely profesional because explains her point perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3367673;
    I like her, too. When she started playing professional poker, women players found it almost impossible to get any respect from the men. She had to become tough.

Like big brother Howard Lederer, she's very educated with a degree from Columbia University for a double major in English and psychology. She followed this by earning a fellowship for grad work in psycholinguistics at UPenn. She's highly intelligent and I'd love to take some poiker lessons from her.
    Yeah, unfortunately I think this experience has caused her to interact more like a man and since she's working with a team of women, this isn't a good mix. She clearly has done her homework and studied the previous shows, so she is trying to pull from that experience but is getting frustrated when the message is not immediately accepted. I am not decided on her - clearly she is intelligent, but she's rubbing people the wrong way and that doesn't help the team dynamic. I think the women will accept this as they get used to her, especially if she is contributing - which I think she is.

She strikes me as 1 of those females who thinks the only way to get ahead is to act like a man. I mean that in a very negative, base way. She's the type of female, IMO, who sets back women's rights a lot more than most could ever do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

HOW
    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3380312;
    She strikes me as 1 of those females who thinks the only way to get ahead is to act like a man. I mean that in a very negative, base way. She's the type of female, IMO, who sets back women's rights a lot more than most could ever do.
    how is she acting like a man????

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3380312;
    She strikes me as 1 of those females who thinks the only way to get ahead is to act like a man.
    Yeah, I started to post something, but decided to soften my comments. Hopefully her ability to read people - which she must have to be a poker champion - will help her to learn a bit about herself through this show.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=beachgirl4;3380309;]Yeah, unfortunately I think this experience has caused her to interact more like a man and since she's working with a team of women, this isn't a good mix. QUOTE]

we'll I know some of the girls like Claudia Jordan are mad at her because they know she is better. studying past episodes not mean you can actually execute them in real life. She can burn all the girls because most of them are jealous of her, I dont blame her for making them look like fools.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast