+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

I think wishing someone dead is pretty dang vicious.

I'm thrilled not with who won (Joan was just all right for me) but with who lost. I LOVED the excited look Annie got at the end when she thought she'd won. She is a totally hateful human being. She seemed about as emotionally connected to her charity as she might be to a paper bag. I literally think she found out she needed a charity to compete and pulled one out of a bag. I couldn't sense any sort of emotion even when she was talking to the actual refugee except that she wanted to make sure she looked appropriately interested.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Whether she looked interested or not... she earned over 700,000 for her charity in total... that's without winning. Everything else aside, no one can deny her that acheivement. It's far better than the paltry 250 grand raised, and the other 250 gifted by Trump for Joan's charity.

All the same, I'm glad both charities did so well.

Did you notice Piers had to mention how much he raised last time (knowing it was more than either of these ladies (i use the term ladies quite loosely here). And I still find it ironic that he used that particular charity considering his "errors" of the past. At least neither of these ladies were earning so they could try to erase mistakes of the past that related to their charity.

Congrats to Annie for earning the most money! That's the win anyhow, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3445816;
    Whether she looked interested or not... she earned over 700,000 for her charity in total... that's without winning. Everything else aside, no one can deny her that acheivement. It's far better than the paltry 250 grand raised, and the other 250 gifted by Trump for Joan's charity.

All the same, I'm glad both charities did so well.

Did you notice Piers had to mention how much he raised last time (knowing it was more than either of these ladies (i use the term ladies quite loosely here). And I still find it ironic that he used that particular charity considering his "errors" of the past. At least neither of these ladies were earning so they could try to erase mistakes of the past that related to their charity.

Congrats to Annie for earning the most money! That's the win anyhow, as far as I'm concerned.
    Yep and even though The Donald changed the meaning of what this show was all about in order to find a way to give his friend Joan the win; like they say, "The Proof is in the Pudding".
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3445816;
    And I still find it ironic that he used that particular charity considering his "errors" of the past.
    ???
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Uncle David, I think what spockwhat might be referring to is this:

BBC NEWS | Politics | Editor sacked over 'hoax' photos

Piers' CA charity was Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
    His newspaper career was a bit sketchy.

spockwhat, my apologies if you were referring to something else.

Interestingly enough, Annie's charity earnings were around the same as Piers'. No question Trump is wildly inconsistent with his firing. But hey, it's Trump's world, not the real one. For all we know, he decided on his winner before the show even started. And I'm with Star on this one...I didn't much care who won, but I was glad Annie lost.
    Last edited by AJane; 05-12-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh Donald You do know how to pick err winners, first Piers and Now Deputy dog, Joan.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112