+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01
    Hey...Annie is so "perfect" in everything she does...why don't she do DWTS next...see how good she can do there? course, one of the pros would be saddled with her and likely to slap her
    Oh my gosh. You're right....she IS perfect, and wow, would she ever kick A on DWTS. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332
    I'd like to know what it is Joan did to deserve being in the F2....anyone?
    She's the no.1 Comic Icon in the WORLD!
    Cluck.
    Cluck.

cluck.

splash.

I love playing poker. It's a fun way to spend the evening. Watching poker on TV is the equivalent of watching paint dry, so I neither know nor care about champion poker players. Yes, famous for no good reason, because if winning money makes you famous, then Trump might as well find a lottery winner for his next installment. Or Paris Hilton. If Annie has made that much money from poker, then as I said, she could write a cheque to her charity, or call up her poker buddies on any old day of the week and ask them for donations. I don't believe for one second that she's just doing it for her charity. I think - well, I guess it's obvious - that at least some of these celebrities have prior relationships with Trump and they do the show because of those relationships. But doing it solely for charity? No chance. None of these people are budding Mother Teresas.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3441628;
    How is it arrogant if she is winning all the time. The woman says what she is going to do, does it and has the winning on the show to prove it. I don't think there is anyone else that has won as many tasks as Annie has. Annie just wins baby nothing arrogant about that,
    I don't know if you were addressing my posts, MsDiva, but I never used the word "arrogant" once.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have disliked Annie from the beginning. She consistently took credit in the boardroom for the ideas of her teammates. I've worked with someone like her and it's incredibly frustrating. I can see why Melissa didn't appreciate her methods. When Annie sidled up to Brande and excluded Melissa from the team she was no better than Clint Black. Now she's on a PR tour to spin it for the public. Not buying.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grincognito;3442354;
    She consistently took credit in the boardroom for the ideas of her teammates.
    As did Melissa!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Loved how Trump said; "Annie, I think you know what I'm going to say.." Annie gets all excited like she's going to win and then.....
    "JOAN....YOU'RE HIRED!" Loved it! Now Annie can go crawl back under her rock and play cards.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Annie, but I'll take her over that disgusting excuse for a human being, Joan, any day!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I thought Annie played the MUCH better game. She has a much better business head, in my opinion. She also withstood a lot of verbal abuse from Joan.. Hitler comparison, labeling her white trash..etc. Annie was the clear winner in my book, when Joan walked off the show just to follow her daughter who'd been fired, too.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3443778;
    Loved how Trump said; "Annie, I think you know what I'm going to say.." Annie gets all excited like she's going to win and then.....
    "JOAN....YOU'RE HIRED!" Loved it! Now Annie can go crawl back under her rock and play cards.
    Oh man, I've not been a Joan fan over the years, but I was pulling for her on this. Annie came off like one of those snobbish high school bully girls. At first I liked her, but the cameras exposed her ugly side, something she's been able to conceal in smaller circles.

That last part about "Joan made my designer quit." And then she seemed to defend the fact that she's better than Joan because when she insults people it's behind their backs. Huh? Not the kind of person you want in your organization.

I think Donald saw people were growing cold on her, which in the long run would hurt the charities. Good business move.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3444051;
    I thought Annie played the MUCH better game. She has a much better business head, in my opinion. She also withstood a lot of verbal abuse from Joan.. Hitler comparison, labeling her white trash..etc. Annie was the clear winner in my book, when Joan walked off the show just to follow her daughter who'd been fired, too.
    The good thing about Joan is she's up front. You know where you stand with her, while Annie will stab you in the back. As she admitted, she's just as vicious, just not to your face. You don't want Annie types in your business organization, trust me. She'll bring the whole organization down with her and then the charities will suffer.

Annie raised HUGE money for her charity and did a lot to raise awareness both at her silent auction and via her fund raising efforts. I really have no idea how anyone could consider Annie nearly as vicious as Joan. Joan vilified with ridiculous comments (Annie is Hitler!?) and Annie blamed Joan for getting rid of the decorators, which she observably had done, a fact unbeknownst to Annie until she arrived at the offices of that firm and enquired.

I think Joan got extra credit for things completely unrelated to the game (her age, her relationship with her daughter) and Annie got the short end of the stick.

+ Reply to Thread