+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice Finale

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice Finale

I was so glad to see Piers win, purely because he outplayed everyone. He raised the most money, won the most tasks and whether or not he made friends, he's one heck of a business man!

I was really hoping that Trump would give the money to Trace and the title to Piers... I thought the deal was all money you raised to your charity and Trump would throw in $250K to the winner... Then the finance company was going to match however many phone calls came in with cash... I'd love that money to go to Trace. My daughter has food allergies and life is VERY difficult for us... She doesn't have severe allergies, but just to have to watch what she eats and not have to worry about her dying is hard... If she had the possibility of death, I couldn't imagine the anguish...

If I had $250K, I'd send it right now, and I hope someone watching does.

Not at all surprised he won. Would have liked to see Trace win, but I didn't really see that being a likely reality. Piers did what he did and I have to admit, he did it well. He succeeded and really, at the end of the day, it's just Donald Trump's show. Heh, it's not like he won something big

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;2874861;
    So why did Trump make all that pretense of bring in business people including his daughter and son for advice, and asking all the other contestants - just to ignore it all? What a waste of time.

The lesson Piers and Trump want us to know - the end justifies the means.
    I didn't get that.

Pierce was a baby, an ass, a troll, and a hundred other unpleasant things. But as far as I saw, with the possible exception of the whole thing with Vinnie, he didn't break the rules. He wasn't ruthless to the point of cheating--he was just arrogant.

"End justifies the means" is more a statement about being ruthless. Piers was more unnecessarily assy than ruthless.

His comments did nothing but HURT him, IMO, and it actually made me laugh that he saw being rude and confrontational as being "business-like". But this show wasn't being decided on business demeanor any more than it was charm, so Trump pretty much HAD to give it to the guy who trampled the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2875078;
    Does this mean that Piers is now the undisputed biggest villain of Apprentice?
    That is, and will always be, Omarosa. Piers is even more arrogant than her, but Oma has NO redeeming qualities--she's incompetent on top of being slimy. Piers at least is good at something.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie

Piers won! Piers Won! Piers won!
    I am SO happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    Yes, he did it!!!!!
    Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire;2875179;

Piers won! Piers Won! Piers won!
    I am SO happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    Yes, he did it!!!!!
    Yippeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    Piers, is that you?

FORT Newbie

Nope. It's me, Ayrshire in Tucson, AZ. I am a fellow Brit! Heh-heh! I am loving it, mate!
    Bloody hell, it's utterly brilliant!!!

FORT Fan

Piers is a well-connected, successful, international businessman. Not surprised he won. Clever of him to include members of the World Bank on his guest list. The less said of his inter-personal skills, the better.

Trace Adkins proved to be a worthy opponent and a gentleman indeed. This may already have been covered, but could someone tell me if there was a second prize for the charity he was representing?

Thanks.

Congratulations Piers.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by augie;2875271;
    Piers is a well-connected, successful, international businessman. Not surprised he won. Clever of him to include members of the World Bank on his guest list. The less said of his inter-personal skills, the better.

Trace Adkins proved to be a worthy opponent and a gentleman indeed. This may already have been covered, but could someone tell me if there was a second prize for the charity he was representing?

Thanks.
    Actually, he's a well-connected, successful, tabloid reporter and editor, book author, T.V. presenter, and media pundit. He's not a businessman.

His "in-your-face" style was not just for this show. Apparently one of his hallmarks as a tabloid reporter and editor was an aggressive assertion that there's no such thing as a right to privacy, that its surrendered completely the moment you put yourself in the limelight. He's been accused of having very shady ethics, even among the questionable group of people who run tabloids, and has been fired from several jobs. His one shot at owning something was a media trade magazine, the Press Gazette, and he (mostly through bad press) drove them into Administrative receivership.

That said, according to the "rules" of this show, or at least the doctrine laid down over time by Trump that it would be embarrassing for Trump to ignore, he did much better than Trace, and thus "deserved" to win.

His Roledex appears to be deep for a few reasons. Firstly, a tabloid editor, even a notorious one who's pissed off celebs left and right, is owed favors by the boatload. Even when he's an ex-tabloid editor. Secondly, he had a lot of people helping simply BECAUSE he was a Brit--the whole "lets see if we can win against the Americans" thing.

Piers put a lot of thought into choosing his charity prior to appearing on the Celebrity Apprentice. He knew "The Fallen Heros" charity would touch many hearts and couldn't be ignored. I am not discounting his brother's service. And please dont think that I am saying that the other charities are not as important, its just that so many more lives are affected by the war than food allergies. Piers thought it through before signing on and he did a brilliant job. We may not approve of his behavior but he got the job done and deserved to win. I believe Trump will donate to Trace's charity.

+ Reply to Thread