+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 1/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2769690;
    Sounds like it was a pretty good episode. I missed it because I watch watching Celebrity Rehab. I am going to go see if they have it up online.
    They used to re-air the show on CNBC. You might try looking there.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Carole nailed the problem. Marylou and Nely have been manipulated by Omarosa and probaby fear her on some level. Sigh. Here we see, again, how women work in teams. Carole is the odd one out and, I believe, for no solid reason. The ruling clique is taking over the playground.

Trump sees this. He is aching to fire Nely and trying to get the chance.

It has to be time to divide the teams differently. I hope we see Carole shine when working with one or more of the men. She is the only woman worth rooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2769674;
    You have every right to your 'opinion', but, IMO, Omarosa is directly responsible for the first of the women's four losses. More importantly, I feel her actions in the first challenge set the stage for the subsequent losses.

When Omarosa not only discarded Tiffany's suggestion that the women use their celebrity but also denigrated her for even suggesting it, she started the ball rolling. After that, the women with lesser leadership skills fell silent and dropped into the background. As Carol said in the boardroom, rather than raising the lesser players up by focusing on and utilizing their strong points the lesser players were cowered and ended up contributing nothing to the team.

I think Carol pointed out that there are three 'leaders' and then the rest. Well, a true leader doesn't discount the possible contributions that can be made by the other team members. A true leader brings the group together as a team. Again, I think it was Carol who believed that the women had not yet won a challenge because they didn't act as a team. I share that opinion.
    I don't think she's responsible for going 0-4. I referred to the overall record because I have always believed that the PM should shoulder the majority of the blame for a loss, and in keeping with that, I happen to agree that O was the main factor in their first loss. However, she didn't lead on the other tasks and therefore isn't responsible for any lack of leadership skills on the last 3 challenges. She's rude, abrasive, and any number of other bad things, but she's not making the women's team go down in flames. NONE of them are proving to be effective leaders. I can't quite understand why someone as accomplished as Nely Galan, for example, doesn't take charge. I can only guess that some of the women, like Gene Simmons, are regarding the show as a lark and aren't putting in a real effort.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't think the contests are fair, it comes down to celebratory factor and who's friends have more money. One contributor won the challenge for the men last night. Richard Branson's 10,000 check. Take away that one check the women kicked the guys butts. So this and many of the contests have been about whose friends have the big bucks. Not on any real business sense. If last nights challenge had been on how many tickets they sold, then it would have been a different challenge and more oriented towards who could drum up more business. If it had been who sold the most hot dogs or printers and not the most expensive hot dogs/printers then it becomes a different contest. Right now it feels like you just have to have one friend bring a checkbook, write a big check and now you are done. How is that business sense?

The weakest link of active participants last night was Nelly, her contributor's arrived late. Wouldn't you want your heavy hitters to arrive early and generate excitement?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I don't believe that any one individual is ever solely responsible for the loss of a challenge. However, I believe that after the first challenge several of the members of the women's team were so demoralized that they were virtually useless. Whether they were so intimidated that they didn't have the courage to stand up to Omarosa, or they didn't want to hurt their image by getting down in the mud with her, the fire we saw in their eyes in the first challenge had been either dimmed or put out entirely. The classic example was Tiffany. She came into the challenge full of vim and vigor. By the end of the episode she was a beaten puppy.

I disagree with some who think the women were over-matched. I think these were intelligent, motivated, competitive women who, had they come together as a team, had as much potential as the men. Unfortunately, they all appear to be afraid of extending themselves. And how can you blame them with Omarosa right there ready to turn it against them.

Carol Alt: "I think that within the group she (Omarosa) tries to make people feel insecure so they feel at her level, and she levels the playing field. And she attacks all the time. I have no, I don't care what Eleanor Roosevelt said. (Omarosa, talking over Carol, invoked Eleanor Roosevelt) This is our group and she's eating it up from the inside out. Our group should advance together. We should look for each other's weaknesses and support them not exploit them so we don't get fired in the boardroom. And that's what the guy's do so well. They just support each other... their weaknesses, and then they exploit their strengths."

Jennie Finch: (on why she and Carol remain as 'assistants' instead of stepping into the leadership position) "...because there is no room. There is no way. If we would step up there would just be boom, boom boom. (hammering her fists together)"
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie

I'm surprised no one called Gene Simmons for $...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;2769972;
    I don't think the contests are fair, it comes down to celebratory factor and who's friends have more money. One contributor won the challenge for the men last night. Richard Branson's 10,000 check. Take away that one check the women kicked the guys butts. So this and many of the contests have been about whose friends have the big bucks. Not on any real business sense. If last nights challenge had been on how many tickets they sold, then it would have been a different challenge and more oriented towards who could drum up more business. If it had been who sold the most hot dogs or printers and not the most expensive hot dogs/printers then it becomes a different contest. Right now it feels like you just have to have one friend bring a checkbook, write a big check and now you are done. How is that business sense?
    Actually, it's economics 101. It is sound business sense, based on supply and demand. All business is about making money. There are two ways to do it. Sell the most widgets at the cheapest price and get the majority of the market share, or sell exceedingly expensive widgets and you only need to sell a few. Every company makes a choice about which route they want to take, but for most companies the bottom line is the same ... make the biggest profit.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I would assume that somewhere in the rules it had to state that the money needed to be either cash or certified funds. No waiting on a check to clear the bank
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2770141;
    Actually, it's economics 101. It is sound business sense, based on supply and demand. All business is about making money. There are two ways to do it. Sell the most widgets at the cheapest price and get the majority of the market share, or sell exceedingly expensive widgets and you only need to sell a few. Every company makes a choice about which route they want to take, but for most companies the bottom line is the same ... make the biggest profit.
    I don't disagree with you, but this is a competition that was put together on a unlevel playing field. And performance seems to count for very little. Just who has the better black book. We know at this point the men have the better black book, and will most likely win every challenge the way it is going.

I've got to say, I was most impressed last night with Trump's daughter. I think her instints were right on.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I think the women should not be intimidated by Omorosa. Rather, the other way around. Omorosa should be intimidated by them. Who the heck is she? She's had her 15 minutes. Time for the others to show her the door. They couldn't do any worse without her.

+ Reply to Thread