+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/17 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/17 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Gene got exactly what he wanted out of the show. The Pediatric AIDs foundation got a big check, he got some attention and some giggles. Once he had both of those bases covered, he saw no reason to stick around anymore. Stump is absolutely right - the downside of this format for the show is that the celebrities don't need to win like normal contestants feel the need to win. Their lives won't be changed by winning, like the life of a person who is a regular joe and gets a job with Trump can be changed. They're there to promote and raise money - not to win.

I think in this episode Trump gambled and lost.
    By forcing Gene to join the women's team and become the project manager for a second straight week, he did put Gene at risk of being fired to begin with (if the team failed ...).

Trump has figured out 2 scenarios:
    1/ Fix the outcome before hand so that the women's team won and someone on the men's side would be fired instead, and the teams would be even out somewhat.
    2/ In case the women's team lost again, fire a scapegoat in Nely, Carol etc. to save Gene .

However, Gene unintentionally screwed up Trump's plan by being a stubborn bonehead in the boardroom. If Trump had known that Gene would act this way, he would ask for a volunteer to join the women's side instead of insisting Gene to be the chosen one .

It really seemed like he wanted to fire Nelly and Gene messed that plan up. Oh well, I guess the show must go on.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think the entire episode was extremenly calculated on Gene's part. He came, he won, now he was ready to go. I also think it is odd that they found fault in his not meeting with the executives (no one on his team did last week). It was also never an issue when the PMS of past seasons delegated this task.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2759321;
    I think the entire episode was extremenly calculated on Gene's part. He came, he won, now he was ready to go. I also think it is odd that they found fault in his not meeting with the executives (no one on his team did last week). It was also never an issue when the PMS of past seasons delegated this task.
    I agree. Gene wanted to do one of two things on this task. Either he wanted to win and be seen as the hero who was the only one who had won every single task, or else get himself fired because he was bored with the whole thing. Not meeting with the Kodak people was only an issue so it would lead to the problem of Nely in that meeting. But Gene was bored, was ready to move on, and wanted to make sure people were talking about the way he got himself fired after the fact. So he did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nghe;2758994;
    I think in this episode Trump gambled and lost.
    By forcing Gene to join the women's team and become the project manager for a second straight week, he did put Gene at risk of being fired to begin with (if the team failed ...).
    Actually, I think with the women going 0-2 and Gene being the main force in the men going 2-0 it seems unlikely he would have gone even if they lost. And as it turned out he only went because he chose to not because he lost.

It was actually a good way of protecting Gene. If the men lost that week Gene looks good because they couldn't win without him, if the women lost then they are so bad even Gene can't help them.

I think Gene got bored. He got what he wanted out of the game and left. Nelly is soooo lucky cause she is the one whose ass should have been fired. I do see Gene's point not everyone should have to go to meet the company executives but Nelly did not listen at all. I am also surprised that Carol did not catch that the ink was the product. This was an easy fire and Gene chose to make it difficult.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2760210;
    I am also surprised that Carol did not catch that the ink was the product. This was an easy fire and Gene chose to make it difficult.
    I don't agree. Gene sent Nuly and Carol as a token gesture. He had already made up his mind what the theme would be. I don't think he listened to much of what Nely or Carol had to say when they returned. Gene deserved to be fired for the way he mismanaged the challenge. If he had been remotely on point he would have won for the better overall quality of the task. The guys lost in spite of tacky artwork.

FORT Regular

I totally agree that Gene is bored and wanted to take himself out of the show. I think there was no way his ego would let him be taking orders from a woman in the next task if he had decided to stay, so taking the exit on his own terms was good move.

Also, no one seem to have caught this, but I think Carol Alt is itching to go too. She norminated herself or Nuttly to be fired when asked by Trump.

I'm glad Gene is gone. His attitude was annoying me. I don't think it would have mattered if Nely and Carol came back and told him the focus was ink. He knew what he wanted and that's what it was gonna be ... 'benevolent dictator' ... bah ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast