+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump Bets on NBC Reality Show

Trump Bets on NBC Reality Show

From Yahoo

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The Donald is finally facing reality.

NBC has cut a deal with Donald Trump and "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett for a 13-episode reality series that promises to pit 20 would-be business moguls in a contest to win a six-figure salary working for Trump.

Dubbed "The Apprentice," the series will assemble a group of candidates from all walks of life -- from MBA students to street hustlers -- in a competition to become the "apprentice" to the "master," a.k.a. Trump. The contestants will be put through various tests and challenges. Each episode will conclude with contestants facing a grilling from Trump and some of his top executives, and Trump will ultimately fire one candidate each week.

The finale will find the executive-in-training rewarded with a yearlong job at a six-figure salary with the Trump Organization.

"Mark Burnett and Donald Trump are the best in their respective businesses. They are the ultimate survivors," NBC entertainment president Jeff Zucker said. "Just as these young competing professionals will enhance their career prospects, we believe that this series will push the reality genre to new creative horizons."

Burnett said that he had always been a "huge admirer" of Trump. And Trump himself suggested that the project could pay dividends for his company's recruiting efforts.

"Mentoring up-and-coming executives has been something I've always enjoyed, and this is a way to discover a new generation of business leaders in a fun, entertaining and cutthroat way -- not unlike the real business world," Trump said in a statement.

NBC and Burnett hope "The Apprentice" will turn into a long-term franchise that could move to new locales and situations after the first season with Trump is completed. The network has yet to set an airdate for the show, but it is unlikely to be ready to premiere until fall at the earliest.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, being on NBC, I wonder how The Donald will react to schedule changes, skipping weeks, running episodes out of order, etc. The trademarks of an NBC reality show.

Leo
    Premium Member
    He might get mad enough to try and buy the whole network, just for the pleasure of firing all their current execs.

LG.
    ha, this sounds funny, actually. White collar survivor.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This could be one of the most cut throat reality shows ever. Trust me, I work with these type of people everyday, and it is why I try to stay 2500 miles away whenever possible
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    I think it will be funny if The Donald has a sense of humor about it, but could be just sad if he's an arrogant ass to everyone. Not sure which way it will go.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I wonder how much of Donald we will actually see...it might make a difference. when I have seen him on Tv he seems to have a good sense of humor...

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Its a corporate jungle out there....Bill...this is probably the only other show Richard Hatch would do well on....

+ Reply to Thread