+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115

Thread: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    I loved this show too and do not remember Nadia either. She won't last long if she doesn't generate some action!

  2. #82
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    466

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2741301;
    I loved the show and this season promises to be good! That surprised me.

    We have to watch with adjusted expectations. This is going to be an ego explosion of grand proportion. Trump certainly has a dog in this fight. He wants buzz and attention for an outrageous viewing experience. He will keep the drama high by eliminating the lesser and more reserved stars (sports figures) soon, leaving Gene, Piers and Vincent to provide drama.

    There is no way he would have fired Omarosa on the first show! It doesn't matter how she performed. This is not about hiring an apprentice it is pure entertainment. And, by the way, what is up with her hair? Terrible.

    This is more improv than a contest. The celebrities are focused on the type of exposure they are going to get as much as winning money for a charity. Self promotion is the name of the game. We will be better served to just sit back and ejoy the ride without thought to what makes sense. This is satire and as outrageous as Desperate Housewives.
    totally agree. thought the show was very interesting and will continue watching.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    I like the twist of giving the money earned in a challenge to the winning PM's charity. My guess is that some celebs are there for their charity more than others, so the motivation that will bring will vary. But for those who are really there for the charity, that should bring out an interesting element of competitiveness.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    I don't think that any of them are there for charity. They are seeking exposure and career advancement. Charity is always involved when "stars" do game shows. It is just part of the package.

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2741438;
    I don't think that any of them are there for charity. They are seeking exposure and career advancement. Charity is always involved when "stars" do game shows. It is just part of the package.
    Yes, charity is always involved when stars do game shows, but some work harder for the charities than others. For example, I think that all of the Baldwin brothers are sincerely passionate about the breast cancer foundation for their mother, since its family run and about their mother. So I could see Stephen for one being more motivated to earn money for the charity than some others who simply picked a charity because they had to in order to promote themselves. Carol Alt is another one -- she said her charity was founded because of her brother's illness, and is still trying to get off the ground. She's got a personal motivation for both getting the money and raising the profile of the charity. In those cases, success for the charity also means some level of self promotion. But there's definitely a big difference between a celebrity who has an on-going relationship with a specific charity, and one who associates because its the rules of the game.

  6. #86
    FORT Fanatic Stump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    627

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2741118;
    Yes, if the playboy model had been a better talker she should have pointed out that Omarossa was insisting they not use their celebrity... I bet if she was more forceful, Trump could have been swayed that error was more eggrious than her not calling on his buddy, Hugh Heffner.
    N'ah. Carol was fighting well and she wasn't going to be fired. Trump never even asked her about the many contacts she must have had.

    And Trump wouldn't fire Omarossa on the first show because that would mean he made a mistake bringing her back and since Trump doesn't make mistakes...

    Bunny was going no matter what she said. It was predictable and the bunny seemed to know it. No point in fighting a lost battle.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    That makes sense, Veruka. Some of them fall into this catagory but probably not all.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Stump;2741454;
    N'ah. Carol was fighting well and she wasn't going to be fired. Trump never even asked her about the many contacts she must have had.

    And Trump wouldn't fire Omarossa on the first show because that would mean he made a mistake bringing her back and since Trump doesn't make mistakes...

    Bunny was going no matter what she said. It was predictable and the bunny seemed to know it. No point in fighting a lost battle.

    My thoughts exactly and when I say exactly I was thinking everything you just wrote especially the second paragraph. Although I was still hoping, it would have been nice to see such a sweet person who is also beautiful stick around just from a guys perspective.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey skyhigh79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    936

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    I haven't watched this show since maybe the 2nd season, it got boring after the first time. But... I tuned in again (mainly because the football game was over and there is nothing new on right now) and I was engrossed.

    Omagoosa is terrible, talks over people, is rude and not too bright and she will make this show. If the one everyone hates is gone, no one will watch.

    Was it just me of did female trump looks like a deer caught in the headlights every time the camera strayed to her in the boardroom. She doesn't fit. I liked the first woman (Carol?) assistant. She was tougher.

    Haha, I did notice that junior seemed sad to watch the bunny go. I am sure that the boardroom scenes were highly edited, because it was never really stated that it was Omahog who squashed the idea of using their celebrity (not that she has any). Since Trump jumped on that as being the reason they failed, he would have had to fire her and there goes the season.
    Tahoe bound....

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2741520;
    I haven't watched this show since maybe the 2nd season, it got boring after the first time. But... I tuned in again (mainly because the football game was over and there is nothing new on right now) and I was engrossed.

    Omagoosa is terrible, talks over people, is rude and not too bright and she will make this show. If the one everyone hates is gone, no one will watch.

    Was it just me of did female trump looks like a deer caught in the headlights every time the camera strayed to her in the boardroom. She doesn't fit. I liked the first woman (Carol?) assistant. She was tougher.

    Haha, I did notice that junior seemed sad to watch the bunny go. I am sure that the boardroom scenes were highly edited, because it was never really stated that it was Omahog who squashed the idea of using their celebrity (not that she has any). Since Trump jumped on that as being the reason they failed, he would have had to fire her and there goes the season.
    I beg to differ, there are plenty of other entertaning real celebrities on the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.