+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2741211;
    I don't think they even knew each other before this. I think she just banked on him (and the Mets P.R. office) knowing HER name because of her high profile in a sport that's also based on throwing a ball at a person swinging a bat.
    I'm pretty sure they knew each other before this. And it had nada to do with the Mets front office.

Jenny's husband is Casey Daigle who is currently with AAA Tuscon. He has had a brief appearance in the majors. Maybe that's the connection.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2741259;
    Jenny's husband is Casey Daigle who is currently with AAA Tuscon. He has had a brief appearance in the majors. Maybe that's the connection.
    Could be.

But she did strike out Mike Piazza (Mets at the time) in three pitches and has been known for striking out MLB-caliber players on a regulation softball diamond.

Some have likened it to having Randy Johnson only 40 feet away.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ace;2740938;
    Two words: Dra ma.
    The interesting thing is that there is no drama.

We all know that she was called to participate in the show because of shoka effect. We all know that comparing to other contestants she is NO celebrity. She is a one trick pony who will do anything to stay in the spotlight for 1 more minute.

In one of the previews she is pooring her drink on someone's head..

Her behavior is very predictable boring. And I'm not amused.

FORT Fogey

I loved the show and this season promises to be good! That surprised me.

We have to watch with adjusted expectations. This is going to be an ego explosion of grand proportion. Trump certainly has a dog in this fight. He wants buzz and attention for an outrageous viewing experience. He will keep the drama high by eliminating the lesser and more reserved stars (sports figures) soon, leaving Gene, Piers and Vincent to provide drama.

There is no way he would have fired Omarosa on the first show! It doesn't matter how she performed. This is not about hiring an apprentice it is pure entertainment. And, by the way, what is up with her hair? Terrible.

This is more improv than a contest. The celebrities are focused on the type of exposure they are going to get as much as winning money for a charity. Self promotion is the name of the game. We will be better served to just sit back and ejoy the ride without thought to what makes sense. This is satire and as outrageous as Desperate Housewives.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2741056;
    Omarosa's tactic is to lead by bullying...sorry but no one would ever want to work under her. And, she made a huge tactical error when she said they women should not use their celebrit... She is tough, but not necessarilya good businesswoman, and definately not a good leader.
    That decision really showed what a non-celebrity Omarosa is. Marilu Henner is just one example on the show of someone who became a celebrity via her talent, and then used that celebrity to succeed in other business ventures. People like her, Gene Simmons, and Carol Alt recognize that its the celebrity that has made them successful in business and they know how to capitalize on that.

It was obvious from the first task that the design of those show recognizes how most of them have succeeded and is going to have them capitalize on it. That Omarosa totally missed that point shows that she's out of her league on this show. She's not a celebrity, and she's not a good business woman if she can't figure out how the rest of them have succeeded.

FORT Fogey

Omarosa is a joke and she humiliated herself last night by being so far off the mark on what these challenges are all about. She has no connections to call or the ability to compete on the level of recognition the others have. Trump will keep her for as long as he can because his goal is entertainment and she outrages viewers, which was the point of including her this season.

I am guessing the mild tempered will go first unless they manage to have their connections contribute sums that seal the win.

I don't see the women athletes staying very long.

Just how many connections do these people have that can dole out enough cash to keep them in the game? I have to believe that some of the challenges will be funded by a sponser pledging to award the winning team a sum of money for a promotional gig of some sort.

I will be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;2741073;
    I thought the show was pretty good except very dissapointed in the ending. How/why did Omarossa survive? She provides drama I suppose but I find it distracting from the rest of the show. Her abrasive personality overpowers everyone else on the show . . .
    . . . which is why Trump will keep her around until the end, or nearly the end. She'll create a lot of buzz. Love buzz or hate buzz -- it doesn't matter. If it spells ratings, money, whatever, Trump will keep her. (I mean, he's an arrogant a-hole, too -- and a bajillion times wealthier than I'll ever be so what do I know? -- they're a match!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved the show but I have one question...did Nadia even speak in last night's episode??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2741389;
    I loved the show but I have one question...did Nadia even speak in last night's episode??
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who never noticed Nadia. I was actually just wondering why I didn't remember seeing her last night. I'll have to go to her thread to see what she looks like now. I must not have recognised her last night.

+ Reply to Thread