+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 1/3 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2740906;
    Nah.

If you need asses to make the show, Piers is obviously an ass too. And Gene seems at least capable of it.

And I actually didn't think it was that bad. Especially the new "spying on the boardroom" feature.
    I thought it was one of the worst structured seasons. The only thing that kept me interesting was the drama, and of course Omarosa. I thought everything was way too rushed and it's obviously not taken seriously enough because the celebs don't care. I also don't like how this is a "who knows who" type of thing. It seemed that Omarosa had a nice marketing strategy and branding just for selling hot dogs. If this was a strict sell to the tourists and not get a huge donation because you know someone famous, I have a feeling the girls would have won.

I can't stand Omorosa. Why oh why do these reality shows continue to extend her 15 minutes of fame?

Won't be watching this show until she's booted off...
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Ace

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2740922;
    I can't stand Omorosa. Why oh why do these reality shows continue to extend her 15 minutes of fame?
    Two words: Dra ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace;2740938;
    Two words: Dra ma.
    That's "Dra -morosa."

I don't know why..... but I love watching Gene Simmons. He's not good looking anymore, if ever really. But he just has charisma and power that's fun to watch. I hope he doesn't get booted next week for being rude to Ivanka.

It seems like several of the stars are not take charge people outside of their fields and this makes it slow. I'm looking forward for some of them to step up to the plate... or at least speak.

So far I really liked tonights show. I'll be watching!

Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2740918;
    I thought it was one of the worst structured seasons. The only thing that kept me interesting was the drama, and of course Omarosa. I thought everything was way too rushed and it's obviously not taken seriously enough because the celebs don't care. I also don't like how this is a "who knows who" type of thing. It seemed that Omarosa had a nice marketing strategy and branding just for selling hot dogs. If this was a strict sell to the tourists and not get a huge donation because you know someone famous, I have a feeling the girls would have won.
    And yet Omarosa was willing to attack Carol for giving her A GOOD LOCATION FOR SELLING HOT DOGS.

If this HAD been just about selling hot dogs--if the rules had been tweaked to allow them no other way to make money--then Carol's location was better. I worked in Manhattan for over a decade and a half, I know that for a fact. So Omarosa making hay over that was nonsense.

Since no such restriction was set, the guys (and to a lesser extent Marilu and the softball chick) are the ones who need to be lauded for realizing they had to play "outside the box". And face it. If this was JUST about selling hot dogs, Rockefeller Plaza would have been an inferior location.

As for the show overall? I agree that certain aspects did seem cobbled together. And yes, the whole "influence game" thing is irritating. But in a way its actually realistic. I mean people like Gene DO make deals based on who they know.

Nely Galan looked like the biggest disappointment to me, with all her Omarosa buddying and general lack of ideas. And if anyone should know how to peddle her influence, it should be a TV executive. She's got to know MUCH more powerful and influential people than the likes of Marilu Henner.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2740986;
    And yes, the whole "influence game" thing is irritating. But in a way its actually realistic.
    Word.
    "Nina, have you ever been in a thunderdome?"

This show is actually quite entertaining. I'm shocked since the I couldn't watch the last few seasons. The celebrities are amusing, they actually have personalities. I think the difference is that they're used to being in front of the camera so this experience isn't new to them. I'm liking everyone except omorosa. She can go as far as i'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2740922;
    I can't stand Omorosa. Why oh why do these reality shows continue to extend her 15 minutes of fame?...
    Yeah, really! I'm surprised that Rawb and Ambuh aren't part of this cast.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2740870;
    I'm not a New Yorker, so maybe I'm making some wrong assumptions, but I didn't think Carol's choice made much sense. You're right that from a hot dog eating standpoint, young male train passengers would be a good market. However, don't most train passengers only pass through Penn Station at the beginning and end of the day? And aren't hot dogs more of a lunchtime food? Seems to me the timing was wrong there.
    I'm not a New Yorker either, but I completely agree with your thoughts. I am a commuter and I thought the logic of being near Penn Station was a bit bizarre. Most commuters arrive in the morning and leave in the evening, at least they do in DC. So, why would they be anywhere near Penn Station during the lunch rush?

As for Omarosa, I'm not surprised they kept her around for at least another week, but I personally hope she gets the boot in very dramatic fashion very soon. Sorry, but I'm already sick of hearing her talk over everyone. I liked her better when she was less refined and marginally less full of herself than she is now.

This is called Celebrity Apprentice. I'd like to see more of the actual celebrities and what they have to contribute and less of Omarosa trying to cling desperately to her 'fame'. What is her job title these days, anyway? Reality TV show star?

As for what little we've seen of the celebrities, I like Marilu, Carol, Trace and Gene so far..

+ Reply to Thread