+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons - KISS Frontman/ Entrepreneur

Gene Simmons - KISS Frontman/ Entrepreneur

Charity: Gene's charity is The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. PERSONAL CONNECTION: Gene is passionate about this organization, he feels it is a travesty that infants, whose lives have barely begun, suffer and die from AIDS.

Gene Simmons was born in Haifa, Israel, in 1949 and is the only child of his mother, a German Nazi concentration camp survivor. He has always attributed his ethics, morals and drive to his mother's notion's about life. "Every day above ground, is a good day," his mother is apt to say. Every day above ground, indeed.
    He came to America at eight-and-a-half years of age. He graduated State University (NYSU) and City University (CUNY) and got a Bachelor of Education degree.
    He taught sixth grade in Spanish Harlem in New York City. He then became the Assistant to the Director of the Puerto Rican InterAgency Council, a government funded research and demonstration project. He worked at Glamour and then at Vogue, as the assistant to the editor Kate Lloyd.
    Simmons speaks a few languages: English, Hungarian, Hebrew, German and is getting better at Japanese every day. At present, he is becoming fascinated by Mandarin Chinese and has every intention of becoming fluent in it. Make no mistake about it. He will.
    Gene Simmons co-founded KISS more than 30 years ago. KISS continues to be the juggernaut of licensing/merchandising, with over 2,500 licenses. KISS has broken box office records set by the Beatles and Elvis and continues stronger than ever. KISS has been America's number one Gold Record Award-winning group of all time. (RIAA).
    Simmons also discovered Van Halen and produced their 15-song demo and managed the recording careers of, among others, Liza Minnelli. He produced New Line Pictures' "Detroit Rock City" and appeared in movies such as "Runaway" (Tristar) and "Wanted Dead or Alive" (New World), "New Guy" (Revolution) and television series such as "Third Watch" (NBC), "Miami Vice" (NBC) and scores of others. He has written two New York Times Best Selling Books, "Kiss and Makeup" (Crown) and "Sex, Money, Kiss" (Simmons Books/New Millenium).
    His entrepreneurial, producing and publishing ventures also include:
    SIMMONS ABRAMSON MARKETING, the Worldwide Marketing Branding entity for the INDYCAR SERIES. All 18 races, including the legendary INDY 500.
    Simmons Abramson brands/markets FRANK'S ENERGY DRINK.
    NGTV.COM - the monster of the dot coms, with over 70 million views in 4 weeks. Gene Simmons is Chairman of the Board. Rich Abramson is co-CEO. Both raised the funding and Gene branded the entity NO GOOD TV. Venture is headed by President and Founder Kourosh Taj and Jay Vir.
    Gene Simmons MONEYBAG - his own clothing line: a joint venture with DUSSAULT Custom Ink.
    SIMMONS COMICS GROUP - a joint venture with IDW Pub, features 4 new comic books created by Gene: DOMINATRIX comics, ZIPPER comics, INDY: RACE OF THE GALAXIES comic and his anthology comic book Gene Simmons HOUSE OF HORRORS. NICK SIMMONS also debuts with his own written/drawn comic book, SKULLDUGGERY on IDW Pub.
    SIMMONS RECORDS, his own record company, with new artist BAG released.
    SIMMONS BOOKS, which published his LA Times Best Seller, "Sex Money Kiss" and the upcoming new books, "Gene Simmons Art of War" and "Ladies of the Night."
    SIMMONS AUDIO VISUAL, which released his "Speaking in Tongues" Lecture Tour of Australia.
    GENE SIMMONS TONGUE (Sterling/McFadden) - published his own magazine.
    The reality shows "Gene Simmons Rock School" for VH1 and "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" for A&E featuring his business, his life and his family. He is also creator and executive producer of the smash cartoon "My Dad the Rock Star" for Nickelodeon and creator of "Mr. Romance" for Oxygen.
    Gene Simmons has never been married. He has had live-in relationships with Cher and Diana Ross. He has been happily unmarried for 23 years to Shannon Tweed, the mother of his two beautiful children. He lives in Beverly Hills, California. A Gene Simmons US Postage Stamp is available at your local Post Office.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Gene Simmons - KISS Frontman/ Entrepreneur

I have a feeling his ego will clash with Trumps. I would love to see him go far, though. He is a good businessman and I think that will give him an edge.

I wonder if Trump realizes that he's not on the same level as some of these people ??? This should be interesting.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2733244;
    I wonder if Trump realizes that he's not on the same level as some of these people ??? This should be interesting.
    He's not?

In most ways that matter he's a has-been. Just like most of these folks.

I mean his main claim to fame lately is a badly rated reality show. KISS isn't exactly a top concert draw anymore. He gets lots of residuals, so he's rich, but he's not exactly "hot".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2733336;
    I mean his main claim to fame lately is a badly rated reality show. KISS isn't exactly a top concert draw anymore. He gets lots of residuals, so he's rich, but he's not exactly "hot".
    This, I would have to disagree with you Krom! This man is smokin' hot and HE is the main reason I will watch a Trump Apprentice show!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I meant in a career sense, not a physical one. Although I'm afraid I can't appreciate him that way either. I'm the wrong orientation to appreciate another guy no matter what, but I somehow sense that even if I wasn't I'd find him kind of... gross.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

He is an excellent businessman, that is where he is far above the other contestants.

I like him. Probably one of the few rock stars to spend time marketing his product instead of loading up on drugs & booze.

This guy once said that he wanted to make Kiss the 'Coca-Cola' of rock...have it be seen everywhere.

I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in the final four.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2733552;
    I meant in a career sense, not a physical one. Although I'm afraid I can't appreciate him that way either. I'm the wrong orientation to appreciate another guy no matter what, but I somehow sense that even if I wasn't I'd find him kind of... gross.

have to disagree with you too krom...........gene is the only reason i will
    be watching this program. his reality show is hilarious and he is a very savvy businessman. i think he is hot. my only question is...........will he come on with the makeup????

Quote Originally Posted by RealitiniMan;2733759;
    I like him. Probably one of the few rock stars to spend time marketing his product instead of loading up on drugs & booze.

This guy once said that he wanted to make Kiss the 'Coca-Cola' of rock...have it be seen everywhere.

I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in the final four.
    I don't think Gene will clash with Trump at all, and I would pick him to win this thing. Krom, if it makes you feel any better, I don't find Gene 'hot' either, but he's a smart guy and interesting to watch.I've only watched the Apprentice here and there, but I'll watch this; for once, lots of the celebrities are actually people even I have heard of!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast