+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gene Simmons - KISS Frontman/ Entrepreneur

Re: Gene Simmons - KISS Frontman/ Entrepreneur

I never found Gene "hot" until I watched his reality show, actually. Physically he does nothing for me, but I find him very witty and charming. (His whole family is great, aren't they? The kids especially are so bright and un-Hollywood - they're like the anti-Osbornes.)

I don't know if he'll "clash" with Trump, exactly, but I do wonder how they're going to fit two such colossal egos in the same room. Gene is the big draw of this season for me, personally. If nothing else, I think he'll provide plenty of entertainment. If they split into teams as per usual, I hope he and Omarosa are on the same side.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I love his kids. I hope they find a way to bring them on. They are the anti-Osbornes. I think it is cool how they have grown up so grounded. Says a lot about Gene and Shannon's parenting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2734783;
    I love his kids. I hope they find a way to bring them on. They are the anti-Osbornes. I think it is cool how they have grown up so grounded. Says a lot about Gene and Shannon's parenting skills.
    Amazing as it might seem, i remember an niterview of Gene where he said that even during his early tour days he never got into drugs or abused alcohol....women were the only real vice he had.

He'd get done with a concert and go back to his hotel and relax, not with drugs and booze but, of course, with a few women. And if you look back at all of the many many bands over the years, drugs did them in or caused all sorts of problems whereas Kiss hasn't had those ups and downs.

I read an article like that. He said he has never drank or done drugs. Good for him.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2733336;
    KISS isn't exactly a top concert draw anymore. He gets lots of residuals, so he's rich, but he's not exactly "hot".
    Their never ending reunion tour has been a success, it's the airplay and album sales that are minimal. They still sell out arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2733616;
    He is an excellent businessman, that is where he is far above the other contestants.
    I agree ~ I cannot imagine him not winning this with his business smarts. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I remember when he was on American Idol and he was a really annoying. I doubt he'll be able to change my opinion on him.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2734722;
    I don't know if he'll "clash" with Trump, exactly, but I do wonder how they're going to fit two such colossal egos in the same room. Gene is the big draw of this season for me, personally. If nothing else, I think he'll provide plenty of entertainment. If they split into teams as per usual, I hope he and Omarosa are on the same side.
    This is the thing about the show I'm the most excited to see. On paper, he and Trump are SO much alike -- both have made lots of money capitalizing on a name. Neither one drinks or uses drugs, but both would have to identify women as a vice. Both take tremendous pride in their families, primarily their children. But for all the similarities, you put the two side by side, and you'd never guess they had anything in common.

I could see their relationship going either way -- either they see a lot of themselves in the other and really get along, OR they see a lot of themselves in each other and therefore can't stand one another.

Am I all alone again? Am I the only one who can't abide him? I'm so loooonnnnnely.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I didn't find him the least bit annoying on Idol...I loved him with Leroy "Can you dig it?" Wells...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread