+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice: Trump + 14 other "YOOGE" Egos

Re: Celebrity Apprentice: Trump + 14 other "YOOGE" Egos

I agree with Bearcata in regards to Gene Simmons having fun and getting exposure for his own show. I really don't think he needs to do this show. I don't know much about the extreme fighter Tito(?) - but I think he is fairly popular in his sport so this must just be to try to expand his fanbase? Also - Trace Adkins is a pretty popular country artist. He must just be doing this for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2742753;
    I agree with Bearcata in regards to Gene Simmons having fun and getting exposure for his own show. I really don't think he needs to do this show. I don't know much about the extreme fighter Tito(?) - but I think he is fairly popular in his sport so this must just be to try to expand his fanbase? Also - Trace Adkins is a pretty popular country artist. He must just be doing this for fun.
    They are all doing it to raise money for charity - Trace's charity to help raise money for FAAN - The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network - his daughter almost died at 18 months old when she ate something and got real sick and then they found out she was highly allergic to quite a few things. The other people dont even have shows anymore so .... as for Tito - maybe him being the boyfriend of Jenna Jameson has a little to do with his celebrity? I have never heard of Tito or a couple of others - but then again I follow Trace Adkins career and concerts and I am not interested in the extreme fighting or the other sports that the one tall blonde gal is in

It looks like George will be back for a few of the shows!

Thursday, January 3, 2008
    Donald Trump Teases a "Very Humbling" Celebrity Apprentice
    by Ileane Rudolph

Donald Trump
    Despite flagging ratings, Donald Trump's entrepreneurial competition returns for a seventh season, this time as Celebrity Apprentice (tonight at 9 pm/ET, on NBC), its first "stars edition." Among the players: country singer Trace Adkins, Stephen Baldwin, Marilu Henner, boxing champ Lennox Lewis, KISS' Gene Simmons and former Apprentice diva Omarosa. The winner doesn't get a job, but $250,000 of Trump money will go to a favorite charity. We chatted up the mogul about his show's new turn.
    TV Guide: Why a celebrity version?
    Donald Trump: I wasn't going to do any more but when NBC mentioned the celebrity concept, I agreed to sign for two seasons. [They] like us so much, they put it back on Thursday nights, where we belong.

TV Guide: You weren't happy about how NBC handled the show, were you?
    Trump: I wasn't. Martha Stewart was a total fiasco. They had her version, and two of mine, and it was confusing to people.

TV Guide: How is this different?
    Trump: Instead of working for me, they're working for charities. They raised millions doing the tasks. In some challenges we went back to Season 1, where we did things like sell lemonade and hot dogs on the street. It's very humbling.

TV Guide: How many celebrities applied?
    Trump: 100. We took 14, but a couple of them canceled because they couldn't stand the concept of being fired. That included a [controversial] former baseball player. The level of viciousness, hatred and competitiveness was unbelievable. They fought hard because they have their images to protect.

TV Guide: Who most surprised you with their skill?
    Trump: Baldwin was much better than I expected and Lewis is a standout. He not only has physical strength but great mental strength.

TV Guide: Why did you sic [Season 1 "villain"] Omarosa on these people?
    Trump: I wanted her back because she is a highly competitive, highly intelligent person who was brutal on the show.

TV Guide: If they were up for it, would you hire any of them?
    Trump: Half of them in a heartbeat.

TV Guide: Ivanka and Don Jr are back in the boardroom. Any others?
    Trump: George is back for a number of shows, and then we have CNBC's Jim Cramer and WWE head Vince McMahon. It's wild.

TV Guide: Are any previous winners still working for you?
    Trump: [Season 1 Apprentice] Bill Rancic, and I hired Andy Litinsky, the young Harvard graduate. I got him for a better price because he didn't win.

Donald Trump Teases a "Very Humbling" Celebrity Apprentice - Celebrity and Entertainment News | TVGuide.com
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

[QUOTE=BlondieGal;2743729;]It looks like George will be back for a few of the shows!

uh did I miss something - lol - who's George ?

Quote Originally Posted by uwishtoo;2743748;

uh did I miss something - lol - who's George ?
    George Ross is senior counsel of the Trump Organization. He was one of two of Trump's original advisors on the earlier Apprentice shows to help determine who was "fired." The other advisor was Carolyn Kepcher, who left the organization in 2006. A very wise man!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fan

I enjoyed it even tho I usually dislike "celeb" editions of shows. This was more entertaining than the last weak seasons IMHO.

I thought the Men clearly had it over the Women, both in terms of actual current celebs (Trace Atkins, Gene Simmons) and brains and savvy.

The women were pretty weak. I expected to dislike Omarosa, but surprisingly I also took a pretty good dislike to Carol Alt. I thought she was really annoying. Nely also annoyed me.

Of all the women only Marilu Henner seems to have a chance at lasting to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2743798;
    George Ross is senior counsel of the Trump Organization. He was one of two of Trump's original advisors on the earlier Apprentice shows to help determine who was "fired." The other advisor was Carolyn Kepcher, who left the organization in 2006. A very wise man!
    ahhh - ok thanks - I never watched the regular show very often - I caught a few when O was on there but never really got into it. Wouldnt be watching now except for Trace - heck, come to think of it I kmow of at least 50 women that i know that also say Trace or Gene (close second runner up ) are on the show

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;2743826;
    I enjoyed it even tho I usually dislike "celeb" editions of shows. This was more entertaining than the last weak seasons IMHO.

I thought the Men clearly had it over the Women, both in terms of actual current celebs (Trace Atkins, Gene Simmons) and brains and savvy.

The women were pretty weak. I expected to dislike Omarosa, but surprisingly I also took a pretty good dislike to Carol Alt. I thought she was really annoying. Nely also annoyed me.

Of all the women only Marilu Henner seems to have a chance at lasting to the end.
    its Adkins - lol - common mistake people make (dont take offense, please)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12