+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More "Apprentice"

No More "Apprentice"

I don't know if this info can be found anywhere else on this vast and knowledgeable forum so sorry if this is old news. MSNBC is reporting that NBC failed to add "The Apprentice" to its fall schedule so The Donald has declared that he's "quit"and is moving on to a new tv adventure.

"You can't fire me, I quit," says Trump to NBC - REALITY TV - MSNBC.com

Re: No More "Apprentice"

Can't say that I am surprised. It started out great but quickly turned bad. LA was definitely the nail in the coffin.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

About time. His ego is massive. Btw, if you're not on the schedule, they did fire you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2405803;
    About time. His ego is massive. Btw, if you're not on the schedule, they did fire you.

Exactly!

Thank God, this show was getting embarrassing even to watch, it had to be brutal to be in charge of such a big snoozefest.
    “But if Mr. Trump’s past TV success is any indication of the future, then one can anticipate that millions of ‘Apprentice’ fans will be migrating to his new venture.”
    I'm not surprised to see Trump and Company try to leave us with the sense that he's already moved on to bigger and greener (as in money ) pastures. Yes, I sit with bated breath waiting on his next venture.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I can't say I am surprised that NBC fired him! This last installment was far away from the first (enjoyable) apprentice. They slowly killed this show with selling out to the highest bidder in every episode. The first season was not about advertising and it was much more fun to watch than any of the subsequent shows. They used their imaginations and did interesting tasks.

The next seasons were fun with Carolyn and George--who were always more interesting to me than the Donald ever was. He was never the draw for me to watch this show but G & C had some classic lines. When they starting getting of them I liked the show less and less, and this past season without them it was just not the same show. No wonder people tuned out. They fundamentally changed the show and it reflected in the poor ratings. I only watched this past season out of habit, not because it was particularly compelling tv. And I missed the first 3 episodes and never cared.

FORT Fogey

I agree. D will never admit this but getting rid of Carolyne and George had a lot to do with poor ratings.

FORT Newbie

I tell ya, i watch the first season on DVD and it just shows you how poor the tasks got in the final season. Not to mention the talent, the last group of people were damn annoying.

FORT Newbie

I agree with the poster who said Trump reminded him of "Michael" in "The Office" who quit a split second after he learned he was fired.

In addition, it was Donald Trump who just this season bullied and berated Michelle for quitting his silly show. Then Trump loudly proclaimed to her, "I'D RATHER BE FIRED THAN QUIT!"
    Last edited by Detscan; 05-21-2007 at 03:19 PM.

What? THe number one show on tv was cancelled? Donald was in absolute denial. This should wake him up!

Oh and on another board someone posted, "I thought Donald hated quitters!" LOL I guess it is okay as long he is the one quitting. LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast