+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No More "Apprentice"

Re: No More "Apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2409467;
    Donald was in absolute denial. This should wake him up!
    This won't have any impact on Trump at all. True narcissists, which is what he is, never take blame or responsibility for any part they might play in anything negative pertaining to them. He won't even skip a beat, he'll keep rolling merrily along in his Trump world where everything he does is golden and anything not golden is the fault of someone else.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

The really surprising thing is that more than three people commented on this. Trump set himself up to fall, and NBC finished it off with scheduling changes. They should try it without him.

FORT Newbie

To be honest, i wish it would have comeback, but return to the old format with George and Carolyn. It really was an entertaining show in past seasons, but this season just sucked.

George and Carolyn were great, but I really think that bringing in Ivanka as a replacement was inspired. She's actually a very competent junior-grade Carolyn - I liked her toughness and found her bright and an excellent boardroom addition. Really, she was outshining Dad.

What killed the show this season was the L.A. setting, the "Camp Trump" scenario (now whoever thought that sucker up should be fired), and the lame, lame, LAME tasks. Good grief, they even repeated a task. Plus, though I'm sure Stefani is very competent, she was a weak winner, IMO. We barely got to know her - very few confessionals and next to no screen time, and the next thing we knew she was hired.

It's a shame the show was allowed to deteriorate.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Maybe....maybe not!

Next job for "Apprentice" remains up in the air - Yahoo! News

Next job for "Apprentice" remains up in the air By Kimberly Nordyke
    2 hours, 6 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC is still open to another season of "The Apprentice" despite a statement made last week by star Donald Trump distancing himself from the reality series.

The network responded Monday to a statement issued Friday by Trump that said he has told NBC that he is "moving on from 'The Apprentice' to a major new TV venture."

"No decision has been made on an additional cycle (of the series) at this time," an NBC spokesperson said.

It might not be that easy for Trump to leave the show, in which contestants compete for a position with the Trump Organization. Sources said the real estate mogul would still be under contract to return to "The Apprentice" should it get picked up for a seventh cycle.

Trump has starred in six seasons of the NBC reality series, but the show was absent from the network's fall schedule when NBC made its "upfront" pre3entation to advertisers last week in New York. At the time, NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly hinted that negotiations were ongoing with executive producer Mark Burnett and Trump, who also exec produces, as to whether the show would return for another season.

As for his new project, Trump's statement was vague on the details.

"It looks like viewers will have to wait to see what Mr. Trump plans for the future," the statement said. "But if Mr. Trump's past TV success is any indication of the future, then one can anticipate that millions of 'Apprentice' fans will be migrating to his new venture."

It has been rumored that Trump has been talking about a potential project with executives at News Corp.'s Fox Business Channel, which is launching in the fourth quarter. And Reilly said last week that should "The Apprentice" not return, NBC would be interested in working with Trump on another project. Sources said NBC has a deadline of June 1 to decide whether to move forward with another installment of "Apprentice."

Meanwhile, a representative for Burnett indicated that Burnett and Trump's business relationship is not over, no matter what happens with "Apprentice."

"Donald Trump is a television icon, and 'The Apprentice' changed the landscape of reality television and remains a very strong ratings performer," the rep said. "In fact, its 18-49 ratings are better than several programs NBC decided to renew. Mr. Burnett and Mr. Trump will be in business together again very soon. Stay tuned."

"Apprentice" became a surprise hit when it debuted in 2004, but its ratings have fallen. The most recent cycle, in which the show relocated from New York to Los Angeles, was its lowest-rated so far.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

If the show comes back, aside from what AJane said above, another gimmick that would need to be revamped is the rollover PM thing.....that was a poor idea that allowed for a winner that we saw very little of during the competition. You need to change the PM after every task so that no flying under the radar takes place.

I admit, I loved the old "Appentice". I would be happy if the show came back to its old form.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

DUmp truck is an egotistical, vainglorious moron. I hope they don't cave in just to stroke his ego. I bet NBC will get even lower ratings now that the best show on the planet is not on their forthcoming schedule. Oh, curse on the world.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This is one of my fave reality shows and would like to see it continue. But revamped backwards more toward the way it was. The PM continuation thing and the camping out in tents thing and the weak challenges, particularly at the end, thing....all hurt this show. I'm okay with Ivanka (sp?), but could do without Don Jr.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Sure, bring it back for even lower ratings.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2464356;
    Sure, bring it back for even lower ratings.
    Zing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast