+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Couldn't agree more fluff.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I don't want to sound like a repeat of a lot of other people, but I was floored that this was their final competition. My wife's first comment: "Didn't they already film a commercial?" C'mon, THIS is the final competition to prove out the worthiness of a CEO apprentice? The ability to lead a couple people making a 60-second commercial? Are they serious? Where is the leadership? Where is the chance to drive ornery caterers and uninitiated contractors to deliver on promises to put on a massive celebrity charity bowling party to benefit children with head lice? When do they show they have what it takes to decorate a small convention hall with enough cheesy confetti to launch Captain Stubing's Princess?

It's honesly like their writers and producers just gave up... like they opened their eyes and said, "Wait a minute... maybe NBC is trying to tell us something..." when they put them in the Sunday night, 10PM slot, the dusty attic of the weekly TV schedule.

What would really cap off this pathetic product placement parade is a weekly pseudo-commercial skit, a la American Idol, where the contestants sing and dance around the wares of the latest vendor du jour.

Picture our last four running in circles around a table with a can of air freshener on it, singing (badly)

Renuuuzit... doooz it!
    That's why Apprenti chooose it!!
    Renuuuzit... doooz it!
    We gotta 'step up' and uuuuuse it!!

STEP UP!!
    (JAZZ HANDS!!)
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2342257;
    I don't want to sound like a repeat of a lot of other people, but I was floored that this was their final competition. My wife's first comment: "Didn't they already film a commercial?" C'mon, THIS is the final competition to prove out the worthiness of a CEO apprentice? The ability to lead a couple people making a 60-second commercial? Are they serious? Where is the leadership? Where is the chance to drive ornery caterers and uninitiated contractors to deliver on promises to put on a massive celebrity charity bowling party to benefit children with head lice? When do they show they have what it takes to decorate a small convention hall with enough cheesy confetti to launch Captain Stubing's Princess?
    Maybe there was no company or charity in LA that would have been dumb enough to let those people run one of their events. Or maybe the producers doubted that the apprenti were capable of running an event, or maybe given some of the volatile personalities (Frankie and Nicole - why are they still there????), they were afraid of another meltdown a la "the bedazzler." I imagine the Trumps are probably struggling to gain some cred in LA.

In any case, they certainly did not have to "step up" in the way the previous apprenti had to. I wonder if their prize job and salary will be commensurately smaller to reflect that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567