+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 04/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Re: 04/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

Some random thoughts on last night's show.
    Heidi looked TERRIBLE, like she'd aged 10 years since the last episode. What's with that?
    I was thrilled to see her gone. never liked her. Never thought she did anything.
    I thought the dismissal of Teresa was horrible! I really liked her, and she did do all the work on this task. I don't know why the donald likes mouthy Nicole so much. Yuk. She is horrible. And it bugs me that she has never been 'punished' for the Tim thing even though it got Tim fired.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsMom;2321513;
    Heidi looked TERRIBLE, like she'd aged 10 years since the last episode. What's with that?
    I think it was an outer version of her inner state. It would make it easier for her to rationalize being fired (as she must have suspected she would be) if she could tell herself it was because she was so frazzled, and looked that way to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2321397;
    To be fair to Frank though his fighting was at least logical while Heidi dug her grave deeper and deeper. It's one thing to fight and sound ridiculous and another to fight while maintaining a grasp of reality and truthfulness.
    His unrelenting, shouting attacks were not a "fair fight" even if his arguments were based in "reality." I would say he cannot handle himself in a board room, and he is very lucky they didn't fire him. If he were on The Office, he would have been sent to Anger Management for that screaming attack. He was out of control. Does he know how lucky he was, or does he actually think he deserves to be there?

The actual reality as I see it is that Heidi was her own worst enemy. The fact that she always struggled whenever she was asked to say anything that wasn't "nice" was holding her back. The things she said out of that weakness provided the ammo that allowed Frank to attack her like a pit bull. That is no excuse for his behavior, but if Heidi had ever dealt with her own stuff and grown into a straightforward woman, she wouldn't have been exposed to attack.

As for Nicole, who arrogantly and stupidly said not to worry, she had the presentation "in her head," and then proceeded to flub it, she is so out of touch with her own lack of abilities -- and for the Trumps not to fire her too showed how out of touch they are as well.

I think everyone missed the beginning of the episode on how they were paired into 3 teams of 2:

After Tim got the axe, the remainder of the team went back to the tents when both phones rang (the mansion and the tent area), Trumpy's secretary stated that the three remaining candidates outside were to immediately move back into the mansion. And after that, they have to split themselves into 3 teams of 2. When they all met, they decided to put the teams together. James stated that he wanted to work with Steph so he did, since everyone was okay with that. Then Kristine said in her private video that she would much rather work with Nicole than Heidi so that she can prove to Heidi that she doesn't need her in order to win, since Heidi would be likely to get the credit for the task. So she said she wanted to work with Nicole and Heidi was (hesitantly, with good reason!) okay with that decision and got stuck with ol' chip boy Frank.

To add to your post, leogirl, Kristine initially said she would like to work with either Heidi or Nicole, as you stated. Frank wanted to work with Nicole, and that turned into a loud, mouthy conversation between those two. Heidi then asked Kristine point-blank who she wanted to work with, and Kristine said Nicole. That left Heidi stuck with Frank.

FORT Fogey

Heidi did take responsiblity for the task failing, even if she did dance around a lot, but she attempted to get Frank to share responsiblity, something he refused to do. This was a smart thing because Trump does not seem to like people who admit they did something wrong. I figured Heidi was on shaky ground when she was forced to choose between Muna and the other two and waffled on what to say. That won't win any favors with Trump, regardless of how you perform.

Stef has not been PM yet. Frank and Nicole were PM's in weeks 1 and 2 respectively. James is the only one of the final four to have been PM since. Heidi had both the best record and most times as PM, but that proved moot. I'm not so impressed with Stef as I am unimpressed with the remaining three, but that could be because she's been more under the radar. The problem is this lame twist has really prevented anyone from stepping up, and it's also manifested itself as the kiss of death (Michelle, Aaron, Aimee, Jenn, Surya, and Angela got the boot as leaders).

Historically, the loudest person stays. Trump loves someone who "fights," which loosely translates to the person who's the most closely obnoxious to him.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamsMom;2321513;
    Some random thoughts on last night's show.
    I was thrilled to see her gone. never liked her. Never thought she did anything.
    I thought the dismissal of Teresa was horrible! I really liked her, and she did do all the work on this task. I don't know why the donald likes mouthy Nicole so much. Yuk. She is horrible. And it bugs me that she has never been 'punished' for the Tim thing even though it got Tim fired.
    Who? Kristine?

I will agree on Heidi, she did look bad, You can tell they were up all night. I also do not see the love for Nicole, her mouth, her voice, her attitude, i see nothing in her. As far as her and Tim, or the Tim thing, I honestly think it was a stupid excuse or reason to let him go. His team was looking for a saftey net, and they used him and his 'relationship' with Nic.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I could feel Trump's pain while watching the last two presentations. Very underwhelming. I think the next episode is the job interviews. Stefani is a lock to be one of the finalists. I'm guessing James will be her main competition.

FORT Newbie

I feel Trump liked James a lot since he keep asking his opinion about other 2 teams (seems 2 times). For Step, think that she is the good presenter in his mind. Unfortunately that there is no chance for her to step up be the project manager. Nicole and Frank? forget it....
    For Heidi, Trump likes her before, but it is unfortunate that she shows her inability to handle pressure and to fight. Trump would fire her without a doubt.

Frankly speaking, ppl in this season seems very fairly weak comparing to last 5 seasons. It is interesting to see if Trump get past season contesdents like Andrea, Ally, Alla, Rebecca, to compete with these 4 ppl, maybe the result is interesting.
    Last edited by an_9908; 04-10-2007 at 04:08 AM.

FORT Fogey

Ha! I would have liked to have seen this show with Alla, Lenny and Frank all on the same team. Now THAT would be a team! To really "screw it up," you might throw that short little lawyer chick that liked to argue (Linda? I can't remember her name -- from several seasons ago) into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2322440;
    Who? Kristine?

OOOPS Kristine, yes, not Teresa!! duh.
    Dr. Will: My BB champion!

+ Reply to Thread