+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 04/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 04/08 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers*

This has not been a very good season, but I had to watched the boardroom 3 times tonight. Watching Heidi make a fool of herself was really good tv. There was a previous eps that gave us a glimpse of how she can't defend herself, but this one was awesome.

I can't recall if Stefani has ever been a PM. If not, sadly, I think James should win.

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2320728;
    Just hand it to Stef already.
    Did she ever win as PM? Was she ever a PM?

Re-Broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by anee;2320938;
    Echo- also you can catch all of the episodes online at nbc.com at your convenience- this one will probably be up by tomorrow.... Just FYI.

Thanks anee ! Much more convenient for me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Classic TV. One of the best boardrooms of all time.

Originally Posted by user name
    Just hand it to Stef already.

From Stefanie's bio:
    Stefanie asserts, "I should be the next Apprentice because I lead by being enthusiastic and enthusiasm is contagious and motivates people to work much harder."

I don't believe I've seen her lead OR be enthusiastic.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Heidi made her fatal mistake by telling him she should be fired if he were only considering this one task. I knew what she was aiming for but she misspoke. She should have started out with the excellence of her body of work and demanded she not be cut because of one task.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2320896;
    What happened with Heidi and Nicole that was a total meltdown. These are the two that should have gone home. Trump's reasoning always stuns me, there is no rhyme or reason it is all arbitrary. Although I have disliked James throughout this entire season he and Stefi had the best presentation and deserve to stay Trump really should have fired the two other teams and left just James and Stefi for the finale. I hope Nicole is down on her hands and knees thanking some higher power that she is here.
    I normally can't stand your opinions (not that I post much), BC, but we are united on this one. The only thing I disagree with you about is Trump's firings being arbitrary. Completely based on a predetermined method and ridiculous? Yes...But not abitrary. Trump thinks it makes good TV, but as always, gimmicks and "twists" (especially nonsensical ones) ruin reality TV.

Trump realizes he's almost out of time in this episode, so instead of taking the time to give some lame and transparent reasoning as to why Kristine deserves to get fired over apparently-it's-only-a-problem-for-a-man-to-have-a-relationship-during-this-process Nicole, he shows the fans zero respect by muttering something about the phone number and hitting the buffet line.

Talk about urinating away the last ounce of credibility this show has...It had so much promise after the first season, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2320896;
    What happened with Heidi and Nicole that was a total meltdown. These are the two that should have gone home. Trump's reasoning always stuns me, there is no rhyme or reason it is all arbitrary. Although I have disliked James throughout this entire season he and Stefi had the best presentation and deserve to stay Trump really should have fired the two other teams and left just James and Stefi for the finale. I hope Nicole is down on her hands and knees thanking some higher power that she is here.
    Nicole is too lacking in self-awareness to ever come up with that. She is so abrasive, but thinks she is so great. What is with all that SHOUTING? She reminds me of a female Regis Philbin. She should have been fired, without question. Likewise for the loud guy from the other team. It's funny how his aggression was praised as "fight," whereas they criticized the way Heidi was fighting for herself. Donald made terrible decisions this week. I would have fired both teams. Heidi choked, and the blonde one made a fatal error in choosing to go with Nicole, so she should go home just for being stupid enough to choose Nicole over Heidi. Either they are keeping the two loud ones for "reality TV" purposes, or they have completely lost their knack to discern who is not at all worthy of still being in the competition -- if indeed this is a competition and not completely scripted, styled (notice how they always wear matching outfits now), manipulated, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2321383;
    Nicole is too lacking in self-awareness to ever come up with that. She is so abrasive, but thinks she is so great. What is with all that SHOUTING? She reminds me of a female Regis Philbin. She should have been fired, without question. Likewise for the loud guy from the other team. It's funny how his aggression was praised as "fight," whereas they criticized the way Heidi was fighting for herself. Donald made terrible decisions this week. I would have fired both teams. Heidi choked, and the blonde one made a fatal error in choosing to go with Nicole, so she should go home just for being stupid enough to choose Nicole over Heidi. Either they are keeping the two loud ones for "reality TV" purposes, or they have completely lost their knack to discern who is not at all worthy of still being in the competition -- if indeed this is a competition and not completely scripted, styled (notice how they always wear matching outfits now), manipulated, etc.
    To be fair to Frank though his fighting was at least logical while Heidi dug her grave deeper and deeper. It's one thing to fight and sound ridiculous and another to fight while maintaining a grasp of reality and truthfulness.

FORT Fan

I think Trump knew what he was doing firing Heidi and Kristine, but I don't like it.

He often seems to pair a perceived strong player with a loose cannon or weak player. Sometimes they do it themselves. Either way it happens, he loves it. If they win, the strong player generally controlled the loose cannon or minimized the weak player. If they lose, he fires the strong player, citing that they weren't "in control."

Heidi was perceived as strong. I was just as shocked by her total meltdown last night. And I agree that Frankie's taking the majority of time on that ridiculous video was a total waste. But Heidi didn't use the remaining time efficiently. and I don't think Trump will hire Frank regardless.

Kristine focused solely on beating Heidi, forgetting that she had another 4 contenders to beat as well. She did beat Heidi, but last night, that wasn't saying much. And letting Nicole sleep was a bad plan, because, as it happened, she didn't doublecheck her data. As far as Nicole goes, I don't think Trump will hire her either.

I think he's going to somehow pair Nicole and James and Frank and Stephanie, so that he can see how they handle the distraction of these two. I think it will be Nicole and James because there's the added bad blood of James sending Nicole away.

I see Stephanie as the clear winner, but I could be so wrong, as I saw the final two being Stephanie and Heidi.

+ Reply to Thread