+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2297030;
    Not to sound like a broken record (those round plastic things they used before CDs), but it's clear once again that some people don't get what this show is supposed to be about: leadership.

Angela attacked their sales concept as flawed and said Nicole should be sent packing. Unfortunately, if Donald is looking for leaders, he's not going down that line of reasoning. If Angela is PM, she needs to lead, and sometimes that means playing the role of final decision maker. If Angela says Nicole's idea took them down the wrong path, she has to realize it was her decision to allow it to take them there. Whether she formally said "yes" to the idea, or failed to say "no", she implicitly agreed. Sorry, Angela, this one's on you.

By the way, I don't believe the concept was so flawed, as it makes sense to go to your customers. Someone raised the point about legitimacy, and that the kiosk added a sense of authenticity. That can be solved-- people still have park workers take their pictures at the park entrance even though they lack a kiosk. The problem was in execution: get uniforms or make it clear that you ARE with the park, rather than waltz around is pseudo-seductive clothes. Next, their team did not respond well to the attacks of "free water". They may claim it was unethical (and I do agree it wasn't in the best interest of the park to have infighting on the grounds), but it was more a case of aggressive sales tactics.
    I think part of the problem (and I bet it was unexpected to the teams) was how small the area they were allowed to hawk their goods in. I bet Nicole assumed the area would be much larger--that whatever spot Arrow picked would not be such an inevitable "funnel" for everyone who was going by...

If this task had been to sell something INSIDE the park, the roller skates would have beat the static table approach hands down. Or in the parking lot. Just not with both teams being in the same little entrance area.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I would think that Angela is the weakest overall, this is not surprised to see her fire now.
    And also, I support James decision to get Nicole out of the team. This is apparently not a good point to put Tim and Nicole whose relationship is damping the team effectiveness.
    I think Nicole would be the next one to be out.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;2296988;
    Why the heck is Nicole crying to Trump about her showmance? What a nitwit!
    I was hoping Trump would say, you know what Nicole? You are fired too. Get out of here!

FORT Fogey
    I knew Angela would be fired the minute they lost. She is not a strong leader, he is going to hire her anyway, and you have to keep the romance. Nicole and Tim are safe for as many weeks as Trump can swing it.

Nicole made a mistake speaking to Trump at the end. What was she thinking!?

I do agree that Tim should have spoken up and said somthing, if only to give Nicole support.

I'm shocked to see Angela get fired. I didn't think she was a very strong leader, but I know Trump was truly impressed with those Olympic medals! I really thought he'd keep her around to the end. He was really backed into a corner. I also think that he will definitely try to hire her in some capacity in his organization.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2297272;
    I do agree that Tim should have spoken up and said somthing, if only to give Nicole support.
    I think Tim did the right thing by NOT saying anything. Tim and Nicole are not married, they simply found they have this attraction for one another in a less than real setting. If Tim had fought for Nicole to stay, it would have put him in a bad position with the rest of the team. You saw how the team got all angry at him when he talked to Nicole through the hedge and warned her of the board room.
    The reality is that NO one wanted to leave the team. No matter WHO James chose to leave, there was gonna be drama.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2296984;
    Nicole invites Trump to send Tim to Kinetic. She is so annoying.

And...the end of Tim and Nicole is approaching rapidly

Nicole asking Trump to send Tim over to Kinetic made no sense! Apprentice time, they have only known each other for almost two weeks by then. Leave the guy alone! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2297037;
    Yeah, does she think the show should actually be taken off course for the sake of her fling (which she supposedly said she's done with now?). I don't think that was such an impressive maneuver by Nicole.
    Also, in my humble opinion, it is not wise to show a potential employer that you are willing to mix business with pleasure. Both she and Tim made a mistake by making things so public.Some employers frown upon employees dating on the job. Then to further show this "woman scorned and he's gonna pay" thing (which of course Trump instigated because he so loves that he has his own showmance going and he's not going to be outdone by all of those other lowly shows who have one) she just made a big mistake. To show that if someone crosses you in a matter of the heart they need to be put in close proximity with you so you can make them pay is childish. Furthermore, the others working a task with you will assume you are a liability in the board room if they have to pull both you and your love interest in at the same time. James was wise to seperate that little two headed monster and if Trump can wrap his brain around that then he will appreciate that James had the guts to do it.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 03-26-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    I fell asleep before the final boardroom .. but was thinking if I were Angela and .. that if Trump favored Arrrow for the tactics they used ... going up to Kinetic when they were with a "customer" ... and telling that customer that the girl on the skates was lying ... or on the megaphone saying the girls on the skates do not have the best deal and to come over to the official tent to sign up ... I would have said that my ethics would not allow me to consider applying for a job with him... and go ahead and fire me! ... How he thought that was "good" business is beyond me .. there are other ways to ethically draw the customers to your side....

On the other hand ... they together sold over $50,000 worth of annual passes in a day? .. That is some accomplishment!

+ Reply to Thread