+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Considering how much money they can charge for drinks, the free water is not a very realistic approach, but they did at least offer something of added value that the girls weren't offering.

Nicole's been screaming since day one, which is why she can generally barely talk by the time it gets to the boardroom.

I would not have responded to the guys' approach either. Aggressive sales people irritate me. Let me make up my mind, then I'll come get your assistance if/when I need it. However, others obviously will respond to it, which the girls could clearly see, yet didn't attempt to change things up.

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2298055;
    Well, Arrow told the customers that if they buy the tickets from the girls on skates, they wouldn't get the discount (or whatever special about the tickets) and that they must buy it from the booth. That sounds like a lie to me. As expected, DT didn't think so..

By they way, free water for customers was a great idea. Even if the girls had also set up a booth, free water promotion would have helped Arrow big time.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. I just can't recall it that well.

And I agree with comments here about aggressive sales people. I find it immensely pleasing to shut down annoying sales people... get in my face, and I will quickly remind you who needs whom. I can walk away without losing anything, they can't. So hey, they can take their spiff of perfume in the mall walkway, their condo they wanna tell me about in the cold call while I'm eating dinner, they can take it all and have a nice day!

**queue video of me swaggering away slowly with a proud look on my face... oh yeah... that's right... I think I'm somethin' alright...**
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2296994;
    Wait... Angela never won Gold. By definition that means she HAS lost.

A team bombs? Recent history would seem to indicate that would be EstrogenCorp, but maybe the (snort) brain trust of James, Tim and Frankie finally outweigh Stephani's seeming good sense.
    Uh, she has a gold, silver and bronze.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2298638;
    Yeah, now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. I just can't recall it that well.

And I agree with comments here about aggressive sales people. I find it immensely pleasing to shut down annoying sales people... get in my face, and I will quickly remind you who needs whom. I can walk away without losing anything, they can't. So hey, they can take their spiff of perfume in the mall walkway, their condo they wanna tell me about in the cold call while I'm eating dinner, they can take it all and have a nice day!

**queue video of me swaggering away slowly with a proud look on my face... oh yeah... that's right... I think I'm somethin' alright...**
    One of my favorite things to do: Shut down arrogant pushy salespeople. I've often told them, I don't HAVE to buy anything...and walk away. The sale is lost completely. I've even followed up with a letter to the company explaining WHY I didn't make the purchase and list as many names as I can. A wise business owner sits up and pays attention

I can't speak for all sales companies, but last summer, I worked as a telemarketer, and in training they teach you to be aggressive and make at least three rebuttals (read: argue with the customer). They even moved me to the scheduling department because I did not want to argue with someone I was calling up and bothering about cable.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar
    I don't visit the Apprentice forum very often, but I have to say that James team had a much better over all strategy. The girls only had "lets get on roller skates" and that's it. I think the roller skates IN CONJUNCTION with a table, would have been a good idea. James team had mobile people, a table, signage, and free water. That's pretty comprehensive. Plus even with being "pushy" and butting in on the girls' sales, they still far outsold the girls.

I was curious as to why in the boardroom no one brought up individual sales. After all it was a SALES task... how come they only talked about strategy and didn't identify the weakest sales person? If I was Nicole, that would have been my first target... (unless it was her of course) to identify who sold the LEAST. My guess is that it was Angela, because she seems the least assertive. I was sure that the girls lost, even before the task was done. The girls just didn't have a complete strategy... only a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2298780;
    Uh, she has a gold, silver and bronze.
    That is honestly quite impressive... I have only won one medal in my life. And, well technically it wasn't so much a "medal" as it was... well... a clump of dirt. And I didn't so much "win" it, as much as I had it shoved in my face by a member of the opposing teeball team. But we came in second in the game, so I like to consider it my "silver".

I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011