+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=AZHotFlash;2297381;]I would have said that my ethics would not allow me to consider applying for a job with him... and go ahead and fire me! ... How he thought that was "good" business is beyond me .. there are other ways to ethically draw the customers to your side....
    QUOTE]

I agree with you. I've never thought highly of Trump and the fact that he condoned, even APPROVED the low-life business tactics lowers the amount of respect for him. A businessman who lies in order to get business is about as low as one can get.

Angela's firing comes as a no-brainer since she didn't do a good job of being the PM. Worse yet, she made lame excuses about how unethical Arrow was during the task. Good riddance!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;2297485;
    Angela's firing comes as a no-brainer since she didn't do a good job of being the PM. Worse yet, she made lame excuses about how unethical Arrow was during the task. Good riddance!
    I think that this argument illustrated how difficult it can be for some to cross over from other competitive worlds into the corporate world. Angela is used to competing in an environment where the rules, and good sportsmanship, matter as much if not more than winning. It makes sense that she'd expect that in all areas of her life, but that's not the case.

I have a friend who faced the same sort of difficult adjustment when he went from being in the Marines to the business world as a salesman. The Marines had drilled into his head that integrity was the most important quality, and that standing behind your word was more important than anything. So he assumed that everyone he encountered in business had the same value, just as those he'd encountered in the Marines did. It took him about a year to adjust to the fact that not everyone places such a high expectation on integrity, and to protect himself from getting burned.

FORT Fanatic
    How sad that we've gotten to a place where integrity and ethics are not expected and essentially frowned upon. Where lack of integrity is rewarded.

FORT Fogey
    The showmance is brilliant. Trump's going to get both of them as close to the final four as possible regardless of whether they screw up. It's no way to win, but if you're looking for camera time, it's a sure way to go about it.

Unethical?

Someone help me remember the show last night, because I'm struggling. There were taunts of "immoral" conduct by Arrow, including one specific comment about someone on Arrow's team lying. I don't recall that lie. But what I did see was aggressive selling. Arrow identified a weakness in the other team's approach, and acted on it by giving away water with their sales. They alerted potential customers to this fact by telling people the girls on roller skates didn't have water. This is not a question of ethics, it's effective sales and advertising.

Consider Blockbuster in the face of newcomer Netflix... Netflix offers a great deal with movies brought to your door. What did Blockbuster do? They leveraged something they have that Netflix doesn't: an established network of storefronts. Blockbuster.com allows you to do the same online/mail deal that Netflix does, while still letting you impulse rent on a moment's notice at their storefronts. And they advertise to the public to tell them. There is little difference in concept.

Heck, if you want to talk about misleading, consider car advertisements where they say things like "The new Daihatsu Wippet... more powerful than the Hyundai Duffel, better fuel economy than the Honda Snack, more roomy than the Suzuki Crumpet, and it cost thousands less than the Nissan Zip!" Heard that line before? Of course, every car maker uses it. With one sentence they've conveyed that this vehicle outclasses its competition. But think again... all you have to do is be better than the worst of your competitors in each area to make a mediocre vehicle sounds like the cream of the crop.

I like the point someone made about representing the park professionally. I think you can argue that neither team represented the park very well since they weren't dealing very professionally with the public.

But oh well, it made for good drama.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2298044;
    Someone help me remember the show last night, because I'm struggling. There were taunts of "immoral" conduct by Arrow, including one specific comment about someone on Arrow's team lying. I don't recall that lie. But what I did see was aggressive selling. Arrow identified a weakness in the other team's approach, and acted on it by giving away water with their sales. They alerted potential customers to this fact by telling people the girls on roller skates didn't have water. This is not a question of ethics, it's effective sales and advertising.
    Well, Arrow told the customers that if they buy the tickets from the girls on skates, they wouldn't get the discount (or whatever special about the tickets) and that they must buy it from the booth. That sounds like a lie to me. As expected, DT didn't think so..

By they way, free water for customers was a great idea. Even if the girls had also set up a booth, free water promotion would have helped Arrow big time.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesBoots;2296873;
    I actually think James used a bit of logic in making that decision....plus I think Nikki is loud and obnoxious
    You think Nicole is loud and obnoxious compared to James and Frank, the two biggest loud mouths in LA?????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie
    I liked this episode.

And I really didn't think what arrow did wasn't unethical or immoral. I remember in the past seasons, Rebecca and Randall stole the last megaphones in the city that the other team already reserved. And when the other team brought this up, Trump said they were brilliant!

Angela deserved the boot. What is her business background? And as project manager she should have thought about their plan more.

I really felt sorry for her at the end though coz I think she's the second one I saw cry after being fired. First one was the tobacco-chewing guy from past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;2298055;
    Well, Arrow told the customers that if they buy the tickets from the girls on skates, they wouldn't get the discount (or whatever special about the tickets) and that they must buy it from the booth. That sounds like a lie to me. As expected, DT didn't think so..

By they way, free water for customers was a great idea. Even if the girls had also set up a booth, free water promotion would have helped Arrow big time.
    This was the shady part, it was out and out lying. Cutting in front of customers the way James did was just plain rude. I personally do not like salesman yelling at me and that is all James does. The boardroom is not a place of discussion it is the place that whoever yells the loudest wins. Dump Truck is also a prime example as everytime Angela tried to answer his question he talked right over her. What a class act. He and James should do very well together.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread