+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Apprentice 3/4/07 Recap: No Love for White Trash

PhoneGrrrl, you had me from the first paragraph on.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2265719;
    Greetings, Trump watchers! Salutations, recap-only readers! I’m filling in for AJane for this week’s installment of The Apprentice; I’m not making any promises of the accuracy of this rumor, but last I heard, AJane was busy sharpening Vince McMahon’s hair clippers in advance of the WWE match. We can only hope that the wrestling is exciting, because tonight’s installment of Trump Tie Watch 2007 did not incorporate enough choke-holds and chair bashings as one would desire.
    If only the show has half was sharp as your wit -- you're dynamite, kiddo.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2266222;
    At "you don't just put ideas out there," I just about threw a bag of pecans at the television. One of the rules of brainstorming is "push the envelope -- put the crazy stuff out there." Another basic rule of healthy group processes is that you don't uncritically glom onto the first idea someone puts out there, which would apparently be a surprise to Jenn and Angela.

But I'm getting the feeling that no one in the Trump Organization dares speak without very, very carefully considering every word first, unless those words are "Yes, sir." The Donald is sure acting like someone who shows no respect for his employees. If that's all a put-on for television, he's certainly quite the actor.
    And what about when Trump even put Randal "in line"? Randal looked a little sheepish after that.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket;2266216;
    Does anyone else feel like Trump is just getting stupidly mean. Every time anyone loses, even if it's really close, they did "a terrible job". When everyone scrambles to blame someone (and usually pick the leader) he says they've "lost the respect of their group".
    When Derek said he just threw the idea of go-carts out there Donald responded by saying "You don't just put ideas out there". Yeah, heaven forbid anyone in a business setting tries brainstorming.
    He interupts everyone and instead of listening just yells. I'm sick of it.
    Well, one problem is that Trump has never been one for nuance.

He speaks in broad, generic terms. So everything sounds like an extreme. He might actually distinguish internally these things, but they come out as blunt and cliche.

That being said, I don't like Trump much this season. He had won my respect throughout Seasons 4-5, but this season, he just seems meaner and dumber and more thoughtless. I'm not sure why Carolyn got fired, but we're probably seeing the loss of some of her classiness. Even the show "schtick" is stupid (Having the same PM on a winning team? Having the PM sit in on the meeting? Boring.)

I thought his remarks to Derek were just out of control, based on personality differences rather than anything. Derek really did not mean what Trump insisted he meant, when he was joking. The real mistake was that Derek did not perceive this before now... and so as a potential rep for Trump's organization, might not have shown discretion later with clients (hence, the firing). But Trump just sounded like a cranky old patriarch and needed to chill.

Anyway, the whole season is a dud for me. Almost all of these people suck (aside from perhaps Stefani and Heidi) ... and they're not even good TV.

Bring back Rebecca and the others from her season any day of the week... (sigh.)

Well put, Fortunato. I'm pretty much done with this show now.

Thanks for the recap, I also find Thrump
    so lame at times, his comments are so dumb.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I've been trying so hard this season to 'stay onboard', but I think I've had it with this show. Trump is not willing to listen to anyone...geez, not a big surprise, and his firing of Derek, was lame. Yes, he said the 'white trash' remark....but let's not forget that The Donald this season has decided that telling people to "Sit their ass down" is an appropriate way to talk to anyone, and he seems to get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

The whole show is sinking, and unless something remarkable happens, I don't see it getting any better.

LOVE the recap...so even if I don't continue to watch....I"ll be reading!

Yeah, I agree that it has become somewhat of an ordeal just trying to watch the show this season. Trump is ridiculous and becoming a real tyrant. Does he run his company like the dictator he seems on the show? If so, why does anyone want to work for him? The whole set-up of the show is stupid and crass this season. Carolyn and George toned him down and they are gone. It is obvious that they brought an element of class that is now lacking. Even the challenges are boring. I have lost what little respect I had for Trump and am growing increasingly bored and tired of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl;2267273;
    And what about when Trump even put Randal "in line"? Randal looked a little sheepish after that.
    He really doesn't appear to think much of Randal. And to be honest, Randal looked a little overwhelmed.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Phonegirrrrl, thanks for the great recap! I still haven't watched this show, but the recaps keep me plenty entertained!

I missed a double firing!

Great job, PhoneGrrrl. (And you must see The Omen sometime!)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)