+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    I agree that this show is getting less interesting by the episode. Big areas of turn off for me are the following:

    1. Have/Have Nots - losers sleeping outside and winners inside is stupid. It also eliminates the interaction between the teams when they all shack up together in one suite.

    2. Keeping the same project manager when a team wins - another stupid change. If a team wins they are actually "punished" by having the same person lead the team. It keeps others from being able to step up to the plate and prove themselves. And, if the winning manager is weak/a jerk/or any other non desirable description, he/she is made to look good by his team because they want to win.

    3. Having the winning manager sit in on the boardroom with the other team puts the winner in a tough position. If he/she says too much, Trump puts them down and if he/she says too little, Trump puts them down. The person doesn't know how the other team performed so they are unable to speak from awareness of what happened.

    4. Trump is becoming more and more of an ass. His ego is so inflated, he is becoming less and less tolerable. Sometimes I just want to reach through the TV and smack him.

    In conclusion, I have a comment about the previous apprentices we are seeing on this season. Randal is a Trump wannabe and his ego seems to be growing larger than it was before. Rebecca would have been a better choice. Bill Rancic is still a cutie and a classy guy. His incisive comments are usually right on. Sean was my favorite last season and I see his sense of humor and charm are still intact and he hasn't yet been corrupted by the Trumpster.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599
    Randall's ego is getting bigger, out of control, you can tell by the way he practically took over on Sunday in the boardroom. Sean, Bill, they don't take over with the questioning.

    Used to love watching this show every week, not this season, skipping shows and don't really care who gets the boot. My sister got tired of the show 2 seasons ago. Sleeping in tents is STUPID, having the PM from the winning team help decide who to let go is also DUMB.

    DT needs to skip an entire year or 2 of this show.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey Cleocatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Catmandu
    Posts
    5,590
    I've been forcing myself to sort of halfway watch the show but it's sooooo lame this season that it's torture to even bother.
    I had a bad feeling the minute the "tent" thing was revealed the first night and it hasnt gotten any better.
    I'm sick of seeing people whine and complain as they flop around in a stinky dirty, humid, crumby looking tent in Donalds yard.

    Trump's firing of Derek was so dumb, ya I get it that he said "white trash" blah blah and maybe it wasnt the best thing to say in front of Donald but give me a break!
    Trump gets all bent out of shape about Derek half jokingly referring to HIMSELF as "white trash" and tells him that it's not classy or whatever.... yet Trump himself runs around like a fool calling people (Roise O'Donnel for instance) a FAT, LOSER, STUPID, DUMB, etc etc etc and that's classy and okay?

    One minute he's barking at Surya to SAY SOMETHING while in the boardroom meanwhile Randall is doing just that and get's barked at to stop already.... sheesh make up your mind you arrogant old fool!
    Randall looked as if he blushed from embarrassment when Trump chastized him for continuing to ask questions!

    Trump, his bad comb over, his pampered princess wife and his fat comb over mini-me baby Barron need to go back to New York and forget about reality TV... I'm sick of them

    Rant over!

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    I tivo this show and check to see what the challenge is then FF to the board room. This is as bad as I could imagine this show to be. It started with such promise and has deteriorated since season 2. Time for Mark to create another offering. This was a great idea but Trump was the wrong guy to choose.

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2273640;
    I tivo this show and check to see what the challenge is then FF to the board room. This is as bad as I could imagine this show to be. It started with such promise and has deteriorated since season 2. Time for Mark to create another offering. This was a great idea but Trump was the wrong guy to choose.
    I think Trump has gotten worse, but I really think what ruined this show was the sales aspect that is in pretty much every challenge now. The first season without the sponsership there were much more diverse challenges (fixing up the hotel room for one.) Now whoever wants to be the corporate sponser is what the challenge revolves around. It's much less about Trump's business than just selling stuff.

    The new idea of loser tents is beyond my comprehension too. Since when on a job interview does one need to sleep outside and then be expected to show up in business attire? It's a bit insane. Not to mention no George or Caroline and we lose what made the show really good in the beginning.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2274326;
    I think Trump has gotten worse, but I really think what ruined this show was the sales aspect that is in pretty much every challenge now. The first season without the sponsership there were much more diverse challenges (fixing up the hotel room for one.) Now whoever wants to be the corporate sponser is what the challenge revolves around. It's much less about Trump's business than just selling stuff.

    The new idea of loser tents is beyond my comprehension too. Since when on a job interview does one need to sleep outside and then be expected to show up in business attire? It's a bit insane. Not to mention no George or Caroline and we lose what made the show really good in the beginning.
    Yes, good points. The tents have to be the worst idea. I don't believe for one minute their clothes are kept out there either. No mention is made of ironing or keeping them fresh, nothing and you know that would be a topic. It is all so silly.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2276580;
    Yes, good points. The tents have to be the worst idea. I don't believe for one minute their clothes are kept out there either. No mention is made of ironing or keeping them fresh, nothing and you know that would be a topic. It is all so silly.
    Silly is a good word for it. And from some of Trump's comments lately it sounds as if he doesn't even think it's all that great of an idea anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.