+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by doriangz;2265702;
    Why in hell did Donald Trump get so mad over the "white trash" comment ? Hit too close to home maybe.
    So so so so so stupid.
    I am rooting for Stefani to win. She is the only one that hasn't done something stupid or annoying yet as far as I am concerned. Have you noticed how annoyed Trump got at Randall interrupting ? Now THAT was funny.
    The season finale Rebecca messup was not a fluke. Dude HAS some ego.
    Maybe becasue he's support Miss America after all the trouble, problem she's had. Randall was talking too much, he was out of line. This is DT's show now yours Randall.

Why does Donald always say that a person is his friend, as in his introduction of Snoop Dogg? He cannot possibly be friends with everyone famous and what in the heck do Donald and Snoop have in common?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2265618;
    This show has really tanked if it can't muster more than a page of comments while the show is running on the East Coast.

Donald -- You're fired.
    I just came here from the Amazing Race topic and was shocked to see the difference in posts. Nearly 30 pages there (and still growing) and barely 3 here. Wow.

I'm nearing the point where I don't even want to bother with The Apprentice. It's pretty much the same show over & over, Donald yelling, some lame task, some lame "reward", someone getting fired. woohoo.

For a program that's meant to find his next Apprentice you'd think there would be more going into the process than how well they present themselves in the board room. Especially since now he only has one set of "eyes & ears" having to cover both teams and report back. If he truly wanted an Apprentice why isn't he viewing the dailies? Why doesn't he have someone planted with each team to report back? There is rampant incompetence yet these people rarely get fired unless they mess up in the board room! Look at the project manager of the winning team!! (Still haven't figured out who's who name-wise yet) Two members of that team carried them all yet he gets full credit?

It's not like DT doesn't know what's going on - he apparently takes the time to find out who's getting it on, why can't he take the time to find out who's actually working?

For a program that's meant to find his next Apprentice you'd think there would be more going into the process than how well they present themselves in the board room.
    Hey, but he's gotten to the gist of the show, which is all about how you sell yourself. ALL the tasks are sales tasks, as if it doesn't matter what a business produces or how it operates or what profit margin it makes, just so long as you can get out there and sell a couple dollars' worth more than the competition. If you take the Apprentice quiz on the official site, the way to "be like Donald Trump" is to be focused on selling, selling, selling -- there's no mention of anything remotely approaching business strategy or even ordinary day-to-day management skills.

Maybe Ivanka bailed because her Wharton degree means she's started to find this view of business embarrassing.

ETA: I just realized whom The Donald has come to resemble, in his "amuse me or be fired" approach to hiring. "Denny Crane!"

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2266230;
    Hey, but he's gotten to the gist of the show, which is all about how you sell yourself. ALL the tasks are sales tasks, as if it doesn't matter what a business produces or how it operates or what profit margin it makes, just so long as you can get out there and sell a couple dollars' worth more than the competition.
    No, the gist of the show now is product placement, that's it. Remember the early seasons, when the people had to renovate apartment buildings or hotels and sell their "product", and their task didn't involve any kissing up to corporate ad agents who themselves kissed up to the Donald for air time? That was a different show then, and you could at least argue that their tasks somehow reflected a basic version of Trump's business life.

Recently, it's all been about teams setting up product events for new items that the sponsor-of-the-day needs sold. If he's trying to find a CEO through this process, he's looking for the CEO of an ad advertising agency whose job scopes are limited to product display events for a few dozen individuals. These are not big tasks (despite Jenn, the losing PM this week, saying this was one was "huge"). Trump is not in the advertising business, and his companies no doubt contract out those kinds of tasks. And given the size of the events they're doing on this show, they could contract them out to Kinko's.

The 10PM Sunday time slot, the sad cameos by the likes of Snoop Dog, the weak attempt at ratings through tactics like making the losers sleep outside ("Exile Island" knockoff), and the growing presence of self-inflated losers in the teams... it's all a clear sign of the end. I'm losing interest by the episode.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2266144;
    Why does Donald always say that a person is his friend, as in his introduction of Snoop Dogg? He cannot possibly be friends with everyone famous and what in the heck do Donald and Snoop have in common?
    Ooh, ooh, I know, I got this one! Prodigious amounts of money disproportionate with their talents? No, no... umm, okay, an affinity for proclaiming their superiority to the masses? Oh, wait, how about the adoration of women despite sub-par physical appearances?

The more I think about it, these two were separated at birth!

Before y'all flame me, understand that I fully admit to being less talented and uglier than either of the above individuals!
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

Recently, it's all been about teams setting up product events for new items that the sponsor-of-the-day needs sold. If he's trying to find a CEO through this process, he's looking for the CEO of an ad advertising agency whose job scopes are limited to product display events for a few dozen individuals. These are not big tasks (despite Jenn, the losing PM this week, saying this was one was "huge"). Trump is not in the advertising business, and his companies no doubt contract out those kinds of tasks. And given the size of the events they're doing on this show, they could contract them out to Kinko's.
    You're absolutely right, though there's one other possible qualification to be The Apprentice -- having been Junior Class Vice-President back in high school. Think about it...

Week 1: Car wash.
    Week 2: Fashion show.
    Week 3: Campus tour.
    Week 4: Work at fast food restaurant.
    Week 5: Bake sale or stint as grocery sample lady, depending how you see it.
    Week 6: Plan prom, only at a car lot.

Next week is doing some promotion in the middle of a sporting event, just like Homecoming Week, right?

The Donald is looking for someone who peaked in high school. No wonder the departing players are getting giggly.

FORT Fogey
    I think the relationship actually cements them as final four candidates. Trump views it as entertainment.

The inherent problem with this show is there is no scoring system or other manner of keeping the process honest, consistent, and sensible. So the loud obnoxious jerks with no prayer are kept around because they're "interesting," while the others fall by the wayside with random firings following a loss by $7.50 to a team that in actuality was a bigger mess than they could hope to be.

FORT Fogey
    This show has just been a total turnoff for me this season, for any number of reasons -- but a good place to start would be with the "camping outside the mansion" thing.

First off, this is supposed to be a job interview. The only types of jobs that would have the requirement that you "camp outside the mansion" during the interview would be those stupid ones that advertise 'NEED 25 HOT YOUNG STUDENTS TO SELL FANTASTIC PRODUCT" or 'WORK ALL SUMMER AT A FABULOUS BEVERLY HILLS MANSION." These are usually come-ons from some sleezy wannabe "millionaire" producer who doesn't quite have his act together and looks a little like Dustin Hoffman's character in "Midnight Cowboy." If Trump had any brains, the only people he would even consider hiring would be the ones who told him to go **** himself when he told them they would be sleeping on the lawn!!

And the show just goes further downhill from there...

They are in a great area (Los Angeles) to have some new and different tasks. They got new and different tasks all right -- they got DUMBED DOWN tasks!! Is that what California is to the Trumpster? Give me a break! We may be all about organic foods, casual living, hip new trendy things -- but we aren't all that different from New York! (I have a sneaky suspicion Trump didn't get the reception he's used to getting in LA because his "type" is a dime a dozen around here. **yawn**)

They should have let Demi Moore's husband take over this show. He might have been able to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic;2266557;
    Ooh, ooh, I know, I got this one! Prodigious amounts of money disproportionate with their talents? No, no... umm, okay, an affinity for proclaiming their superiority to the masses? Oh, wait, how about the adoration of women despite sub-par physical appearances?

The more I think about it, these two were separated at birth!

Before y'all flame me, understand that I fully admit to being less talented and uglier than either of the above individuals!
    Please don't sell yourself short, you have a cutting wit and humor is always attractive unlike pompous self promoting hot bags of air like Donald.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast