+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 1/28 Show discussion thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2221434;
    I just saw a commercial on CBS while watching NCIS describing Survivor: Fiji where the challenge winners live in the lap of luxury while the losers live in tents. Sound familiar, mmmmmmmmm? Mark Bunett I am sorry to say has jumped the shark. What next switching contestents? Yeah, I can just see Michelle and Marissa on the beach.
    I might actually watch a switch between the two shows. Can you imagine dropping the people who whine about tents having to really rough it???

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2222558;
    I might actually watch a switch between the two shows. Can you imagine dropping the people who whine about tents having to really rough it???
    Actually that would be fun to watch. Wonder who the tribe will vote out first?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There's just one difference - on Survivor, people sign up for that knowing they're going to be roughing it. When people signed up for the Apprentice, they didn't sign up to sleep in tents and cook their food on camp stoves. Personally, I like to camp, and it wouldn't bother me in the least. But these people didn't sign up for that. I can understand their whining and complaining. I'm surprised more people haven't said "forget this nonsense" and went home.

I watched this episode because everything else was a repeat that night.

Something I never saw mentioned was how the sales were figured. Was this net profits? Any idea? I thought maybe Heidi nixed the Chicken Mascots because it would come out of costs. If they had a budget they didn't spend that wouldn't be counted against them, then shame on them!

I didn't like the idea of the advance taste testing on Heidi's team. I think that in itself convinced a number of customers they wanted nothing more to do with that dish.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2223320;
    There's just one difference - on Survivor, people sign up for that knowing they're going to be roughing it. When people signed up for the Apprentice, they didn't sign up to sleep in tents and cook their food on camp stoves. Personally, I like to camp, and it wouldn't bother me in the least. But these people didn't sign up for that. I can understand their whining and complaining. I'm surprised more people haven't said "forget this nonsense" and went home.
    I agree with this totally. I was explaining the circumstances to my husband and he loves to camp, but thought that expecting people trying to do it while applying for a job is crazy. They are trying to be professionals, and dressed as such, not an easy task when camping. On Survivor they don't have to be dressed up while camping. And I thought this is a supposed 13 week interview. If that's the case, then why can't they say they don't want the job? It's not quitting if you never accepted the job in the first place.

I don't blame her for "quitting". It's not at all what she signed up for, never what the show has been about and I don't think that because the show jumped the shark (again!) means that she should just comply with something she never signed up for. It's not Survivor. And I don't think of asking these professionals to camp as anything less than a gimmick.

It must be just me but I love this year's Apprentice, if they chose to stay in this type of enviroment just for a chance to work with the Donald, then that is them........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567