+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/28 Show discussion thread **Spoilers**

honest to God, could there be just one episode where the Donald could actually learn in advance the names of the executives they will be working with? Criminy, he starts explaining the tasks, then turns to the execs and says 'your names please'. Is that the first damn time he has even met these folks? It is so disrespectful to me. I don't care how big or small El Pollo Loco is (I've never heard of it myself), but at the very least he needs to get off his ass and learn the names of the business execs who will be on the show. What a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kicking myself in the butt for starting to watch this show again. I skipped the premiere episode, but started watching the second week. Oh I miss Carolyn and the other guy (brain fart, can't think of his name). And tents? tacky, tacky, tacky. Lets get back to basics and see some real Apprentice shows like they had in Season one and two.

PP
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

FORT Fanatic
    in the commercials & promos they were showing a beginning "romance". Never saw it during the show but could have been while I fell asleep out of boredom. Who's the romance between??

FORT Fogey
    If there were consistent rules on this show, I'd understand this firing. The problem is that Trump's ignored the request of the entire team often in the past, and he's typically respected the big mouths and kept them around. She wouldn't have actually won the show, but I didn't see how she should have gotten the boot this week either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2219226;
    They have to market an El Pollo Loco knock off of the KFC bowl.
    I've seen commericals on the KFC bowl. NO WAY it is close to an El Pollo Loco bowl. For one, the El Pollo is edible. PS. they already have a bowl dish at El Pollo. The teams, I read now, where coming up with a new version. But they DID have the bowl (with rice, not mashed potatoes ...... yuck)

Can you tell I am an El Pollo Loco fan?????
    Last edited by Allie; 01-29-2007 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2219357;
    First let me say that I thought it was funny when the CEO of Pollo Loca said it is the number one franchise that sells grilled chicken in this country. NEVER HEARD OF IT and I was in LA 3 yrs ago for 2 weeks and never saw it either. I must say I also had some pretty bad Mexican food while I was there. Anyway first thing I thought when I saw Kinetic's store was were is all the signage, there was tons of it over at Arrow's. It looked like a morque in Kinetic's store. If the chicken suit didn't go over why the heck did Marissa and The Dumb As A Board male with her suggest signage. I meant they really needed some signs..
    El Pollo is big in So Cal. I lived in the LA metro area (Lake Elsinore/RIverside County) for 7 years. LOVED going there. You can get bad Mex food if you go to the bigger chain restaurants. You ever go back, I'll direct you to a kicking locally-owned Mexican restaurant where I used to live.

Hubby and I are celebrating knowing that FINALLY they are going to have one in WA. Love the salads there.

(When I read this thread I thought the contest was to name KFC's bowl, not El Pollo Loco. El Pollo had the bowl LONG before KFC came out with its fried version)

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2219669;
    That's exactly what I thought. The other team called their dish a Chicken Tortilla Bowl. Simple and Concise. You knew what you were getting. Paradise Chicken and Bravado Bowl were both stupid names. It didn't tell the customer anything which meant that instead of racking up sales, they spent most of their time explaining to the customer what the blasted dish was. Poor marketing and sales all around.

Keep It Simple Stupid is so often the best way to go.
    They should have looked at the names that El Pollo Loco has now. They are simple and say what the dish is. Darn, I wish I wouldn't have read this thread! They still are MONTHS away from building one where I live now. Is there a Smilies of someone drooling???????

I just looked them up and there are actually 2 in the state and one is not too far from me. You have all convinced me to go hunt The Crazy Chicken !

<<<<< Just visualise that with feathers OK ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I just saw a commercial on CBS while watching NCIS describing Survivor: Fiji where the challenge winners live in the lap of luxury while the losers live in tents. Sound familiar, mmmmmmmmm? Mark Bunett I am sorry to say has jumped the shark. What next switching contestents? Yeah, I can just see Michelle and Marissa on the beach.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    For Survivor, tents sound pretty luxurious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2222317;
    For Survivor, tents sound pretty luxurious to me.
    Yeah. Maybe it's the other way around?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast