+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/28 Show discussion thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2219337;
    I didn't watch tonight's episode because I tuned into the SAG awards. So I got some questions. Thanks in advance.....

What was the task? Marketing El Pollo Loco?
    What did Marisa do to get fired?
    Who was PR on the other team?
    Was there a standout scene(s) on tonight's episode?
    What was the task? Marketing El Pollo Loco?

The teams create a dish for El Pollo Loco, and sell it at their drive-through restaurant. The team that sells the most wins.

At the beginning of the episode, Trump called both teams and asked one person from the house (Kinetic? I'm not sure) to join the tent-team. Three people volunteered, but tent-team wanted to have Surya. So he joined the tent-team. They looked happy but Frank seemed to roll his eyes a lot when Surya talked about strategy they should use in the next challenge.

What did Marisa do to get fired?

She was not good at the marketing. She talked way too much during the meeting with Trump. And all of her teammates told Trump that she was the weakest link. Heidi also brougt Amy into the boardroom because she thought Amy was not good at selling. IMO, their problem was not only selling or marketting. CUstomers didn't like the dish they created (chicken and fruits?!?) in the first place. But Heidi didn't bring Kristin, who created the dish, into the boardroom. This was stupid. Anyway, Marisa just talked, talked, talked, yelled a little, talked more, and got herself fired.

Who was PR on the other team?

Aaron was the project manager. He was good I guess. As the reward they went to Santa MOnica(?) and listened to Andrea Bocelli singing live on the beach. And then they drank champagne and watched fireworks.

Was there a standout scene(s) on tonight's episode?

Not anything I can remember. I was reading the Sunday paper at the same time, so I might have missed stuff. But the only thing I saw was about that romance story. I think it's between Nicole and Tim. Tim played Bocelli's piano on the beach, and Nicole said very nice things about him. But I don't know if they showed any kissing scenes at the pool. Oh, and another thing: Sean from last season (or the one before that?) was the guest judge. There was no Trump kid around this time

This is all I can remember...
    Last edited by j_mado; 01-29-2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: adding Sean info

Wow, thanks for all of that.

Nicole and Tim!? I never would have expected that.

This was really an exciting episode. So exciting that I dozed off --- seriously --- betwwen Malibu and Marissa walking out.

Apparently they decided she was the goat and she messed up by not shutting up in the BR ? Correct ?

If she had shut up, who might Trump have fired instead and with what justification ?

Incidentally, besides the signs, Arrow also identified the contents of the product with the name ... people knew what they were getting. In my opinion neither Paradise or Bravado were good choices. Something like Chicken Mango Tango Bowl might have been better.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2219378;
    Something like Chicken Mango Tango Bowl might have been better.
    Now, that's a catchy concept. You're hired!

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I think Marrisa was in a no win situation.
    -her teammates made her the scapegoat.
    -if she kept quiet in the BR she would of been called out on it
    -Trumps agrument was all her teammates wanted her gone(lame as she was the scapegoat)

As someone mentioned, I think people didnt really like the dish and if that was brought up it could of been a different outcome
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

FORT Fogey
    It is always the kiss of death to become the outcast of your team. Your job performance does not matter anymore. It is impossible to work with an irritant and this firing was logical. She may have had a chance had she kept her mouth shut but because she couldnt she even irritated Trump.

I didn't give much thought to the tent idea until last night. I don't like it. The Apprentice had a format that worked for a competition about buisness and taking this turn gave it less credibility, if that is even possible.

I missed last night's episode. Watching the umpteenth adaptation of Jane Eyre on PBS was more alluring, and it was awesome by the way. Probably not a word I'd use to describe The Apprentice at any time.

This Marissa chick seems to have been fired. Well I'm sorry she's gone. Or am I? Can't decide since I can't remember who she is. I was hoping Trump would fire Ivanka or maybe Ivanka would fire Trump or maybe they'd get into a shouting match and both get slapped around by mini-Trump-with-hair. Now that I would have been really sorry to miss.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

So, the other name that Marissa kept on talking about was the Bravado Bowl? I couldn't understand them; I thought they were saying the Roboto Bowl (Domo Arigato!...Sorry. I'm a nerd), and I just didn't get it.

And Marissa was just generally very obnoxious this episode. This is probably just editing, but the only thing I really saw her do is bring up the chicken suit and the other name a dozen times.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan;2219508;
    I think Marrisa was in a no win situation.
    -Trumps agrument was all her teammates wanted her gone(lame as she was the scapegoat)
    She was fired because she never successfully countered that claim. Interrupting Trump didn't help either.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2219378;
    Incidentally, besides the signs, Arrow also identified the contents of the product with the name ... people knew what they were getting. In my opinion neither Paradise or Bravado were good choices. Something like Chicken Mango Tango Bowl might have been better.
    That's exactly what I thought. The other team called their dish a Chicken Tortilla Bowl. Simple and Concise. You knew what you were getting. Paradise Chicken and Bravado Bowl were both stupid names. It didn't tell the customer anything which meant that instead of racking up sales, they spent most of their time explaining to the customer what the blasted dish was. Poor marketing and sales all around.

Keep It Simple Stupid is so often the best way to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast