+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2213134;
    I completely agree with you. Especially in cases where the teams are 100-or-so dollars apart and they obviously peformed at nearly the same level he'll say something like "It may have been close, but you're ALL STILL LOSERS". It has gotten really old.
    I agree with you also! A team may miss by only a small margin and they may have worked just as hard (if not harder) than the other team, but because they missed the win by one or two sales or points, etc, I don't think that merits them being called losers.

This whole premise is dying a very slow and painful death, as this is definitely the worst season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2213391;
    Amen, it has gotten old!

To me it is like getting a B on your report card and being punished for not getting an A. Trump really needs to get over the "I am god" trip he is on.
    Yeah - Trump's ego is getting bigger and BIGGER. And, my tolerance for him is getting lower and lower. This season is so not happening. I had to drag myself to the TV to watch the third show. If things don't improve fast, I doubt I'll stayed tuned for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2213100;
    I can't stand it when he calls someone a loser. I don't care how much money he has, he doesn't have the right to call anyone that, just because they don't measure up in his eyes. Calling someone a quitter is one thing, calling them a loser is wrong and it shows the schoolyard bully mentality that trump really has.
    Agreed. For him money makes all the difference. Money buys him 18K fixtures for his tacky bathroom, ostentatious marble columns for his foyer and young attractive wives whom he keeps for 3 to 5 years or until their perceived sell by date is past. Lose by a dollar and you're a loser. 'Cause everyone knows that one dollar will buy you the world...

He seems to imagine that it also buys him the right to put down others who make less money than he does. He not only calls contestants losers but notice how at the beginning of tasks he is also always engaged in a moronically useless and condescending conversations with the CEO/general manager/owner/big cheese of whatever business the task is linked to. It always goes something like this:

Trump: So, you're the general manager of XYZ company, which did one billion dollars in business last year. Right?
    Person: Yes, that's right.
    Trump: Keep up the good work! You're doing great! I love XYZ company!

Vomit.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

I miss George and Carolyn

George could sometimes be a bit harsh and Carolyn could be very acerbic on occasion, but they had lived life and experienced it's ups and downs. As far as I'm concerned, that put them in the position of being able to judge others in a setting like this.

The two trump-ets are so bland. Their opinion is meaningless and frivolous in the boardroom. I'm willing to bet that any one of those applicants has dealt with more 'real life' issues and challenges than those two will ever face.

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2214207;
    George could sometimes be a bit harsh and Carolyn could be very acerbic on occasion, but they had lived life and experienced it's ups and downs. As far as I'm concerned, that put them in the position of being able to judge others in a setting like this.

The two trump-ets are so bland. Their opinion is meaningless and frivolous in the boardroom. I'm willing to bet that any one of those applicants has dealt with more 'real life' issues and challenges than those two will ever face.
    I agree PELaura, the first 2 shows I sorta watched (was doing other stuff and glanced up at TV when it sounded like there was some excitement) but the last episode I had the TV on but basically ignored the show and left the room several times to go do mundane chores like fold laundry.... I'm really tired of Trump and his kids sitting there like they are the Grand Poohbahs of the world and acting like his money allows them to look down their nose at everyone else.

blah

I am thinking we are seeing the last season of The Apprentice. Let it go and please Mark Burnett give us something new. You know if it is the last season this will give Rosie so much ammo to throw at Donald. I can just see her now saying "Who's the loser now??".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2215760;
    I agree PELaura, the first 2 shows I sorta watched (was doing other stuff and glanced up at TV when it sounded like there was some excitement) but the last episode I had the TV on but basically ignored the show and left the room several times to go do mundane chores like fold laundry.... I'm really tired of Trump and his kids sitting there like they are the Grand Poohbahs of the world and acting like his money allows them to look down their nose at everyone else.

blah
    I do the same. The past couple of seasons, I turn it on mainly to watch the challenge segment, but it's playing in the background for the most part and I'll only pay attention if it looks like something interesting is happening.

This season, though, is just the worst and I doubt I'll even bother to turn it on for too much longer.

Trump's arrogance was tolerable in the past, only because he had George and Carolyn to counter balance him, but having to tolerate 3 Trump egos is just too much.

Success in life is measured by so much more than wealth, but I'm sure someone like Trump would respond to that with, "Only losers say things like that."

That's fine with me, because I measure success in my life by my 3 incredibly conscientious and hard-working grown children, by my close dear friends and by the fact that my first (and only) marriage is still solid and going strong after 28 years.

So let Trump have his money. He can't take it with him and we'll all end up the same way when everything is said and done, anyway. To my knowledge, he hasn't figured out a way to pay the Grim Reaper off, so he's no better than the rest of us, regardless of what his massive ego tells him.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2216004;
    I do the same. The past couple of seasons, I turn it on mainly to watch the challenge segment, but it's playing in the background for the most part and I'll only pay attention if it looks like something interesting is happening.

This season, though, is just the worst and I doubt I'll even bother to turn it on for too much longer.

Trump's arrogance was tolerable in the past, only because he had George and Carolyn to counter balance him, but having to tolerate 3 Trump egos is just too much.

Success in life is measured by so much more than wealth, but I'm sure someone like Trump would respond to that with, "Only losers say things like that."

That's fine with me, because I measure success in my life by my 3 incredibly conscientious and hard-working grown children, by my close dear friends and by the fact that my first (and only) marriage is still solid and going strong after 28 years.

So let Trump have his money. He can't take it with him and we'll all end up the same way when everything is said and done, anyway. To my knowledge, he hasn't figured out a way to pay the Grim Reaper off, so he's no better than the rest of us, regardless of what his massive ego tells him.

Now THAT is a moral compass well stated.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I agree with PELaura. I don't think Trump has any concept what really being a winner is all about, and by following his standards, I doubt his children do either. It is really too bad. I think he sets a really poor example for his children.

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2213474;
    I agree with you also! A team may miss by only a small margin and they may have worked just as hard (if not harder) than the other team, but because they missed the win by one or two sales or points, etc, I don't think that merits them being called losers.
    I think we should call Al Gore in as a consultant on this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread