+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

One thing about the winning team they at least deserved a hot shower, hot meal and use of a real toilet for the evening.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2212454;
    He still should have fired one of them.. no one on that team had a positive idea action or thought. They were ALL at odds with her from the start.. It was them ganging up on her.
    No, at this point, Trump only wants to fire one person, the obvious person would have been Michelle.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think they were ganging up on her. She could not make a decision to save her life. Instead of focusing on the assignment at hand. Michelle was concentrating on how her actions would look like in the board room. She vacillated too much and everyone was frustrated with her. Based on her performance in other challenges she came across as a know it all and when she finally gets the pm spot she cant make a decision. She knew she was going to be fired so she quit instead.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila;2212523;
    No, what I would argue is that Trump is the loser. Treating prospective employees like that on a national TV show involving (by his own admission) top candidates, where he displays poor manners and managerial skills in that he cannot motivate, but rather delights in sadistically abusing his employees shows lack of skills in inspiring team-players. It sure doesn't look good. To me it looks like he again gets carried away by success. The last time he did that he got into a lot of trouble. This time he may have learned a thing or two, but he has recently become very unpopular, and his show doesn't have much to go for it nowadays anyway. Yes, it is a tough world out there, but Trump is now obnoxious.
    I agree with you on this point. Michelle may have been a quitter, but she isn't a loser. She stood her ground with dignity and poise, in light of the trump rudeness that was being hurled at her. I'd say if anyone is a 'loser' (I hate to use that term for anyone, but it's the vernacular of the show), it's Frank. He'd lick the bottom of trump's shoes if he thought it would get him hired. His grovelling and constant nodding in agreement with everything trump says is nauseating.

And as for the trump offspring, neither of them have paid the dues which earn them the right to call someone else a quitter or a loser. They were born into money and I don't care how much they claim that daddy has made them prove themselves, they still had a phenomenal advantage over most other people in this world. Toss them into the street, without daddy's name, influence, connections or money and see how long they last. Then if, or when, they really prove themselves, they may have the right to cast stones at someone else.

The biggest loser I see on this show is trump. He declares how much he can't stand quitters, and yet isn't divorce the same as quitting. Isn't having an affair on your wife and then leaving her so that you can be with your mistress, quitting? Isn't it? (Sorry, not trying to sound like R.O'D. here, since I'm not a fan of hers either.)

I can't stand it when he calls someone a loser. I don't care how much money he has, he doesn't have the right to call anyone that, just because they don't measure up in his eyes. Calling someone a quitter is one thing, calling them a loser is wrong and it shows the schoolyard bully mentality that trump really has.

PELaura: I agree with everything you said. Bravo for hitting the proverbial nail on the head. I especially love the comments about Trump's kids. They have had every advantage in the world, but very little "real world" experience. I think Michele handled herself with dignity and class, even in the face of Trump's obnoxious accusations and insults being hurled at her in front of everyone. I have been in similar situations, and I never felt like a quitter when I decided to stop punishing myself by staying in a job or relationship that was not to my liking..

Trump could learn a lot from Michelle. This season is painful (tents! seriously?) and the ratings are absolutely horrible. Quitting would be a good thing for him and it was painful to watch his speech knowing how dumb he looks for not quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2213100;
    I can't stand it when he calls someone a loser. I don't care how much money he has, he doesn't have the right to call anyone that, just because they don't measure up in his eyes. Calling someone a quitter is one thing, calling them a loser is wrong and it shows the schoolyard bully mentality that trump really has.
    I completely agree with you. Especially in cases where the teams are 100-or-so dollars apart and they obviously peformed at nearly the same level he'll say something like "It may have been close, but you're ALL STILL LOSERS". It has gotten really old.

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2212052;
    I really wanted to just reach through the tv and slap that blond Trump bitch in the face. She irritates the hell out of me with that snob look she always has. Even when she smiles, it seems forced and unreal.
    Tell us how you really feel!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2213134;
    I completely agree with you. Especially in cases where the teams are 100-or-so dollars apart and they obviously peformed at nearly the same level he'll say something like "It may have been close, but you're ALL STILL LOSERS". It has gotten really old.

Amen, it has gotten old!

To me it is like getting a B on your report card and being punished for not getting an A. Trump really needs to get over the "I am god" trip he is on.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla;2213232;
    Tell us how you really feel!!
    LOL....sorry. Was maybe a bit strong there, but I really can't stand the way she talks to these people.

+ Reply to Thread