+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

FORT Regular
    I think the way Michelle left was classy and perfectly done. She was very polite and courteous, in the face of the trump clan being rude and obnoxious right back to her. I agree that trump was pissed off because she stole his thunder by not allowing him to say, "You're fired."

Poor baby.

And I'd like to know what tough situations Miss Snoot Trump ever faced in her life, or when Trumpy Boy Junior there was ever forced to live in the conditions that the applicants are. Not that there's anything deplorabe about camping, we happen to love it, but when you come prepared with expensive (possibly designer) clothing and accessories, the last thing you want is to be walking over grass in high heels and ruining your shoes, or not being able to properly hang up your suits and blouses.

I really wanted to just reach through the tv and slap that blond Trump bitch in the face. She irritates the hell out of me with that snob look she always has. Even when she smiles, it seems forced and unreal.

I also have a feeling the Apprentice ratings are going to nosedive this season. Not so much because of the ridiculous scenarios, but because the show has not aired twice in the same time slot since it began. People aren't going to be hunting around every week to find out when it's on. They'll just move on to something else. Plus, I've always felt that Sunday evening was the last ditch time to keep something afloat before sending it on it's merry way down the River of Cancellation.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;2212052;

And I'd like to know what tough situations Miss Snoot Trump ever faced in her life, or when Trumpy Boy Junior there was ever forced to live in the conditions that the applicants are. Not that there's anything deplorabe about camping, we happen to love it, but when you come prepared with expensive (possibly designer) clothing and accessories, the last thing you want is to be walking over grass in high heels and ruining your shoes, or not being able to properly hang up your suits and blouses.

I really wanted to just reach through the tv and slap that blond Trump bitch in the face. She irritates the hell out of me with that snob look she always has. Even when she smiles, it seems forced and unreal.

I agree. They are not sleeping well, and the conditions are horrible. It looked like they were able to keep their clothes in a room and change there, but other than that- the camping thing is dumb. I like camping, in small doses, but after a day or so I'm done. I couldn't imagine having to be in a job interview, on national tv, and be on my 'A' game. What would have been better is if they shared a house, but the winners get luxury items, great food, massages, etc. while the losers get nothing extra.
    As for Ivanka, I wonder why she has never had braces to correct her overbite. I hate to slam someone's appearance, and I do think she is very pretty, but with all of their money, they must have picked the wrong orthodontist! And Don Jr- what a joke. He needs a trendy hair cut- stat!

FORT Regular
    The only survivor-oh, I mean apprentice that would have done well in a tent is Kelly because he went to West Point.

I think Michelle is quite possibly the smartest apprentice ever. She was being used (for ratings) and abused (where are the toilets?). If they say they're cold, they are. They sure look cold, with those blankets wrapped around them. Her leaving was a powerful statement. I admire her restraint. I would have gone ballistic by now.

All of Arrow should quit. Not letting in the winning 1/2 was mean, and letting Kinetics get all the luxuries is ridiculous. Arrow never even lost by that much.

It seems more like a poorly constructed sociology experiment by a demented grad student than a show about business acumen. I was open-minded about this tent thing until last night. Now I am just disgusted.

Michelle did the right thing for her. Number 1, they had to sleep in tents, cook their own meals, use an out house, what kind of BS is that? That's really stupid, not a good idea for the show, then she's not well liked, she gets no cooperation from her teammates. Yes, she was the group leader but she her team had no good ideas either.

This could be the last season for The Apprentice, wouldn't be surprised at all.

The best thing about Michelle's exit was that Donald and the ducklings tried to turn her exit against her and she didn't let them. She remained calm, didn't get defensive, was well spoken and made a decision that was right for her, and stuck to it.

I don't think any potential employer would hold any of this against her.

These idiots were also trying to say she hurt them because now one of them would be fired instead of her. C'mon ... we all knew Trump would cancel that Boardroom and these brainiacs didn't ?

As for this tent farce, it makes no sense. Mansion for the winners and basic or even cheezy hotel rooms for the losers might have worked, but the tent factor has become ludicrous.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I haven't watched this episode yet (will watch today). But, quite frankly, I am really really bored this season. The tent thing is getting old and was never a good idea from the beginning. I find much of the show annoying and I am contemplating giving the rest of this season a pass and not bothering to watch. Donald is even more arrogant than usual and although I like Ivanka, I miss Carolyn and the old guy. The whole mansion/tent concept is ludicrous, the winning project manager staying as the leader and being in the boardroom with the other team is stupid and unfair, and even the rewards are questionable (Hugh Hefner and his "girlfriends" - a reward???).

I am not surprised Michelle left, as no one on her team liked her. However, I'll bet she's glad she's gone. I know I would be. No way would I enjoy camping in tents for longer than one night (even that would be questionable for me).

FORT Fogey
    I don't think she decided she wasn't interested so much as she knew she was toast because she sucked. Still, she did get out of there before Trump was able to belittle her. Too much. So that's a positive.

As much as they whine about it, none of them seem to be suffering all that much from living in the backyard of a mansion in LA in the summer where they don't know what cold is. They still look like models to me.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2212263;
    The best thing about Michelle's exit was that Donald and the ducklings tried to turn her exit against her and she didn't let them. She remained calm, didn't get defensive, was well spoken and made a decision that was right for her, and stuck to it.

I don't think any potential employer would hold any of this against her.

These idiots were also trying to say she hurt them because now one of them would be fired instead of her. C'mon ... we all knew Trump would cancel that Boardroom and these brainiacs didn't ?

As for this tent farce, it makes no sense. Mansion for the winners and basic or even cheezy hotel rooms for the losers might have worked, but the tent factor has become ludicrous.

He still should have fired one of them.. no one on that team had a positive idea action or thought. They were ALL at odds with her from the start.. It was them ganging up on her. She tried to get them involved and no one would commit on ANYTHING. It was a bad idea, and she did come off as nervous on the tour bus.. but her team didn't add much at all. It was a disappointment all the way around.. and she shouldn't be blamed for the whole mess.

I stand by my comment earlier in that she DID do the right thing, she was respectful, calm, and eloquent in her resignation to Trump he turned it on her and tried to make her look/feel like she was a lost cause.. good for her in sticking to her guns. I am sure there are many of us here who have quit a job that wasn't what we wanted or expected and we were never called quitters.

I have to say, the conditions out in 'tent city' are horrid.. and unhealthy. I think I would have left too.. thats no way for anyone in the position they are in to have to live.. hell, a roach infested apartment would be better, they may, at the very least, have hot water to shower with.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2212045;
    Yeah, but quitting on a national TV show for a top employer, where you displayed poor management skills, a lack of "teammanship", and indecisiveness looks good to your employer? Yeah, good luck there, Michelle.
    The fact that her performance was admitedly poor is not necessarily due to her being a bad professional. To begin with Trump supposedly picks these people out of thousands because they have proved themselves in the business world one way or the other. I am sure Michelle has too. Secondly, this is not a serious job interview, the main purpose of the Apprentice is emulating the business world for entertainment purposes. Michelle's future employers and clients will be interested in whether she can do the job. In order to evaluate her they will not consult the TV and viewers' opinions, especially since most viewers (myself included) are no businesspeople. Then, I doubt it is possible for anyone to perform under these conditions or that Michelle had such a great team to work with anyway. Don't forget obnoxious Frank. Don't forget the highly selective editing.

No, what I would argue is that Trump is the loser. Treating prospective employees like that on a national TV show involving (by his own admission) top candidates, where he displays poor manners and managerial skills in that he cannot motivate, but rather delights in sadistically abusing his employees shows lack of skills in inspiring team-players. It sure doesn't look good. To me it looks like he again gets carried away by success. The last time he did that he got into a lot of trouble. This time he may have learned a thing or two, but he has recently become very unpopular, and his show doesn't have much to go for it nowadays anyway. Yes, it is a tough world out there, but Trump is now obnoxious.

Last, but not least, Trump is not the only serious employer out there. Nor the most successful businessman in the US or the world. Nor the greatest real estate magnate. Thank heaven that the US or world economies don't rely on him. I'd say watch who gets to go to Davos (the World Economic Forum) and whose speech has some influence on world affairs. it's not Trump. Davos is where the real big boys meet.

Sheila
    Last edited by sheila; 01-22-2007 at 09:24 PM.

I'm sorry, but I saw Michelle's resignation as her way of backing out before being fired. She may have held her calm with DT, but she couldn't make a decision and give her team direction. Given that, she was or appeared via the editing, to be the worst, and frankly, the team appeared to have lost due to her lack of leadership. Resigning before all of that was put to discussion and really highlight the lack of leadership, allowed her to scoot out a bit unscathed. Wimpy in my opinion and the perception as far as I'm concerned, is that she will run from any hard task if it isn't what she thinks she was expecting. I say this without any reference or consideration of the sleeping arrangements. While DT definitely push in the BR because he didn't like the idea of her resigning, he made some valid points IMHO on escaping when the going gets tough.

I for one, will not miss her.
    I love TAR!

+ Reply to Thread