+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I don't really have a problem with Michelle "quitting" either...seeing as how she is actually supposed to be on a "13 week job interview" she hasn't actually been hired by Trump, so basically she sized up the job and decided she wasn't interested. Trump is a big blowhard. I thought she handled his and his offspring's snotty comments in the boardroom with tact and patience. I was quite pleased when she said she knew Trump wouldn't be happy with her decision, but she didn't care. Good for her. I'd rather see her leave if she felt that was best for her than see people like Mr. Bronx kiss Trump's ass over and over again.

That said, if she thought the tents and cold were bad in a the backyard of a mansion in LA then heaven help her if she had applied for Survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2211676;
    It didn't bother me one bit that Michelle "quit." What she really did was determine for herself that this wasn't what she wanted after all and move on. Quitting a job that you can see isn't a good fit for you makes you a winner in my book.

I really like Trump normally, but his calling Michelle a loser was uncalled for.

I'm also annoyed with the fact that they didn't even have the CHANCE this week of getting into the mansion (totally unfair).
    And I'm annoyed that they are using the gimmich to "keep" the same project manager every time he or she wins. Isn't the show supposed to help him figure out who the best leaders are?? And yet the premise this season ends up showing as few people as possible leading??

Total show biz, nothing more. I kind of liked it when I could sort of TRY to believe Trump really did want an "apprentice." How naive am I??

At the very least they could have let the winning team in for the night ... maybe a meal, a hot shower and a good night's rest. The winning PM didn't even get the boardroom sidekick privilege.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Stefani did so well. Didn't see that in her.

On the other hand, James's voice is really starting to annoy me. It's so... loud. And it sounds weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2211732;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There's a problem with the logistics. I am pretty sure the commercial implied that the romance begins next episode. Next episode, Kinetic will still having "possession" of the pool, not Arrow. The only way this works is if a.) they misinformed us about when the romance starts or b.) the romance starts in some other fashion next episode, but the scene by the pool is from some later point in it another episode or two onwards.

Of course the teams could be redistributed at just about any point in this show. Going based on who's on each team now doesn't necessarily work.

And actually from the one second we saw, I kind of thought the woman might have been Heidi. And she's the one person who's definitely going to stay on Kinetic if they redistribute people any time in the next episode or two.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Couldn't that have been right after an Arrow win and after they moved into the mansion ? And couldn't it have been ... say, Aaron and Stephanie ? Or maybe it was Heidi ... fraternizing with the enemy or Donald Jr. I can't tell who or when that was.

Note to CrossingGuard ... I agree. Stephanie was great. She was very professional, and when she "replaced" James, she handled it very well both with James and the tour guests weren't aware he was driving her nuts ... so she upheld the imagee. Good going.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I finally figured out who Trump Jr. reminds me of.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Totally agee on Don Jr.

I thought the way that Michelle quit was fine. She tried to be positive about and thanked Trump for the opportunity but all he wanted to do was call her a loser. In the real world, I've always heard that it's better to quit from a job than get fired. Looks better on the resume to say that you left than were forced out.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

And let's not forget one thing: Trump tries to pass as a great businessman, one of the richest people in the world, yada yada yada. I happen to know for a fact that Bill Gates, who is infinitely richer than Trump, started from scratch, and is HUGELY influential on world economy and affairs most certainly doesn't treat his employees like that.

Yeah, but quitting on a national TV show for a top employer, where you displayed poor management skills, a lack of "teammanship", and indecisiveness looks good to your employer? Yeah, good luck there, Michelle.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;2211625;
    ITA on that one. I hope she is nominated into the Reality TV Hall of Shame just like Verna (TA3) was for being a lame quitter. I totally loathe quitters!

I disagree. I was cheering for her because she was right. She didn't sign up to sleep in tents, use outdoor showers and disgusting sinks. She looked horrible as well- it didn't suit her. I would have absolutely done the same thing- camping is not my thing and if I was interviewing for a job, and had to go through that- it wouldn't have been worth it to me either. No corporate job makes the prospective employees do that- why does Trump think he can? Her quitting was different than Verna- who was just a nut case to begin with. I could tell her heart and spirit were not in it- it was just uncomfortable for her. Although- she really should have just let herself get fired (which was going to happen anyway) but she might not have had the energy or drive to even fight for herself so why bother?
    I've hated this season of TA-LA and partly due to the tent thing- it's so ridiculous that I'm wondering why more people haven't thrown in the towel.

I started watching the show last night and one of my kids changed the channel while I was in the kitchen. I came back out and resumed watching a bunch of pretty people camping in the woods (maybe "Real World" in the great outdoors?). I was thinking "they already have to live outside and now Trump is giving them a challenge in the woods!?" It took me a minute to realize I wasn't watching the Apprentice. I guess that goes to show you how "memorable" these people are!!

+ Reply to Thread