+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

  1. #31
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2211641;
    Many previous PMs haven't been respected by their teammates. They went into the boardroom with candor and composure. Carey pretty much knew he was under the gun last week, and he'd been under the same living conditions as Michelle. Stacie J. from a previous season got labelled as "crazy", humiliated, but she still went into the boardroom.

    If your teammates don't like you, earn their respect instead of being indecisive and making your teammates stay up because you're indecisive. And her teammates still worked for her.

    Michelle signed up for it and took the easy way out.
    Carey wasn't PM last week. And she wasn't attempting to earn their respect by asking their opinions. She only became crippled by indecisiveness when they weren't giving her support, hanging her out to dry by not being honest with her about her suggestion. They have plenty to say behind her back but put on that dumb "whatever-you-want" act in her face.

    Shame on them!

  2. #32
    FORT Fanatic Celestique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the AI stage
    Posts
    732
    Carey was just as attacked last week as Michelle. And there was nothing horrible about what her teammates said in the boardroom. Frank said she couldn't make decisions, which was true. The other two said she was a bad PM, and she lost by a big amount so apparently her idea didn't captivate the audience. On the tour bus, the passengers didn't understand her, and she spent a lot of time in that van instead of actually riding a tour bus like James. She screwed up a lot.

    If you want to earn your team's respect, motivate them like Aaron or Stephanie or James. A lot of younger contestants, like Kendra or Andy, had to do this because of their age, or Stacie, who came back and showed that she wasn't what people thought she was. Even Omarosa stuck it out.

    And if she didn't respect her team, she shouldn't have said she did in the boardroom to Trump's face. It's hypocritical to say they have heart, and then bail on them. They lost sleep for her, were facing boardroom because of her.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

  3. #33
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,234
    Yes, James is a little too loud, it was very obvious from the edit that Aaron's team did much better than Michelle's team did. In one way I don't blame Michelle for resigning, I think Trump would have fired her and she just took the wind out of his sails. Still there was an issue of her not being able to make a decision or at least taking a long time to make a decision and leaving NIchole and the loud mouth from Jersey with nothing to do. That was a poor decision. As far as letting Nicole slept, let her. What in the world was that group accomplishing at that point, nothing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #34
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    261
    I was referencing them talking about her after returning from the boardroom after the last task. Someone (I can't remember) said she was so cold he got chill just talking about her. Then when she came back to camp after the boardroom, they let their disappointment show by not even welcoming her back. Low class!

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey marlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,244
    It didn't bother me one bit that Michelle "quit." What she really did was determine for herself that this wasn't what she wanted after all and move on. Quitting a job that you can see isn't a good fit for you makes you a winner in my book.

    I really like Trump normally, but his calling Michelle a loser was uncalled for.

    I'm also annoyed with the fact that they didn't even have the CHANCE this week of getting into the mansion (totally unfair).

    And I'm annoyed that they are using the gimmich to "keep" the same project manager every time he or she wins. Isn't the show supposed to help him figure out who the best leaders are?? And yet the premise this season ends up showing as few people as possible leading??

    Total show biz, nothing more. I kind of liked it when I could sort of TRY to believe Trump really did want an "apprentice." How naive am I??

  6. #36
    FORT Fanatic Celestique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the AI stage
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2211673;
    Yes, James is a little too loud, it was very obvious from the edit that Aaron's team did much better than Michelle's team did. In one way I don't blame Michelle for resigning, I think Trump would have fired her and she just took the wind out of his sails. Still there was an issue of her not being able to make a decision or at least taking a long time to make a decision and leaving NIchole and the loud mouth from Jersey with nothing to do. That was a poor decision. As far as letting Nicole slept, let her. What in the world was that group accomplishing at that point, nothing.
    I know! She just woke up Nicole, giving her nothing to do. Then she said oh, I'm definitely going to bring her in if we lose and tell Trump she was sleeping. Michelle's delegation skills leave a lot to be desired.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

  7. #37
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2211676;
    It didn't bother me one bit that Michelle "quit." What she really did was determine for herself that this wasn't what she wanted after all and move on. Quitting a job that you can see isn't a good fit for you makes you a winner in my book.

    I really like Trump normally, but his calling Michelle a loser was uncalled for.


    I'm also annoyed with the fact that they didn't even have the CHANCE this week of getting into the mansion (totally unfair).

    And I'm annoyed that they are using the gimmich to "keep" the same project manager every time he or she wins. Isn't the show supposed to help him figure out who the best leaders are?? And yet the premise this season ends up showing as few people as possible leading??

    Total show biz, nothing more. I kind of liked it when I could sort of TRY to believe Trump really did want an "apprentice." How naive am I??
    I agree, if she really did quit to stay true to her self it was a good move. She in face of the loss did stay true to her team.. she didnt come down hard on them either.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,302
    Decided to watch this after the AFC battle of who sucked less.

    Another Trump offspring? Ick.

    Frank last picked again. Meanwhile, nobody wanted to be led by Michelle.

    You can rent Laker girls for $85/hour? Not a particularly realistic business plan, but that's not what they're being graded on.

    I don't see how an hour's sleep would help. I'd be more tired after it.

    Michelle's too concerned about being fired to win this task, in addition to not being very good to begin with. This was a train wreck waiting to happen, and she obviously knew she was gone to have quit. Granted, her team isn't worth much either. Nicole is useless, while we've seen what we can expect from Frank.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey itsyourmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2211659;
    And if she didn't respect her team, she shouldn't have said she did in the boardroom to Trump's face. It's hypocritical to say they have heart, and then bail on them. They lost sleep for her, were facing boardroom because of her.
    I agree. I don't think she should have left them hanging, wondering if one of them was getting fired instead. I do think an interview is a two-way process and that it is fine to say you have come to realize this is not the opportunity you thought it once was. But maybe she should have done that in the boardroom with just her team. At any rate, I think she just wanted to maintain her dignity and do it her way. She sort of took the one-up power position. Truthfully, it's a lot easier to walk out with your head up if you quit. Maybe she knew she would cry or break down if she got fired. Who knows.

    The tent living is tiresome, though I understand the analogy that the winners get the "good life" and he wants them to be motivated by that good life, if they are going to be working for him.

    The budding romance promised next week seems like a ratings grab. Let's assume it's people in the house and not two yucky "campers" falling in love, lol.

  10. #40
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2211648;
    Personally, I don't mind when people decide something isn't right for them and move on. However, I do mind when people quit at their team's expense. This "game" is a combination of team-play and individual-play. Because team-play is involved, she shouldn't have quit - even knowing she'd be the one going home.

    She's not worth spending a whole lot of energy on. So....on to some speculation.

    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think Arrow Corp. wins next time around because there is supposed to be a romance. They don't show the faces, but it's a girl and a caucasion guy at the pool.

    There are only two guys on Kinetic - one is gay, the other is not caucasion. So....I think we may have a reversal of fortune.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There's a problem with the logistics. I am pretty sure the commercial implied that the romance begins next episode. Next episode, Kinetic will still having "possession" of the pool, not Arrow. The only way this works is if a.) they misinformed us about when the romance starts or b.) the romance starts in some other fashion next episode, but the scene by the pool is from some later point in it another episode or two onwards.

    Of course the teams could be redistributed at just about any point in this show. Going based on who's on each team now doesn't necessarily work.

    And actually from the one second we saw, I kind of thought the woman might have been Heidi. And she's the one person who's definitely going to stay on Kinetic if they redistribute people any time in the next episode or two.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.