+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Yawn.

Quitting is boring.

And frankly, all she had to say was "these people were making things impossible for me" rather than blather on like she did.

Don Junior bored me too.

And why do we need to hear from these people AFTER she's gone? Just because some doorknob thinks another person might be fired as well? Idiots.

Look. Frank be an idiot. Like usual. Should have fired his @ss just for that nutty annoying celebration.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

And she had the nerve to attack Nicole for trying to get an hour's sleep, accusing her of "quitting." Meanwhile, she forces her whole team to do an all-nighter.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

She did well by quitting. Why give Trump the satisfaction of making her walk the plank off the sinking ship? He was pouting like a kindergartener whose toy was just taken away when she threw in the towel. I think everyone should quit when they feel he's about to fire them... it would make the show more interesting and infuriate Mr.Combover no end.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2211617;
    Wahhh, it's too hard I quit. What a loser she is.
    ITA on that one. I hope she is nominated into the Reality TV Hall of Shame just like Verna (TA3) was for being a lame quitter. I totally loathe quitters!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila;2211616;
    My respect for Michelle rose. If this is a job interview, then both sides interview each other. And quitting is a very good option for people who don't want to work for someone. While she didn't display leadership skills, she was right that she was being humiliated living in the tent and all. This serves Trump right.
    I agree! And to pick up on Trup's boxing analogy: Why stand in the ring and get the snot beat out of you, risking a brain injury, when you can throw in the towel and protect your health? Bowing out of the interview process is always an option when the potential employee doesn't fit your personal ethics.

She did the right thing and should be respected for that.

I can't respect her. If she respected her teammates like she said she did, and if she had "heart" like she said, she would've gone to the boardroom, therefore showing her integrity. Sometimes pride involves getting a few bruises.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quitting is the employee's or potential employee's only weapon sometimes. The boss is not the only person who should have the privilege of firing someone. The employee can kick the boss, before he can kick him or her, and move on too.

These people would all be better off going back to their successful lives and leaving Trump to find anonymous people who are willing to be condescended to for a fee every day they're in his employ. Shouldn't be too hard. There are always hordes of people willing to do just about anything just for a fancier business card and bragging rights.

This show is soooo getting canceled...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2211632;
    I can't respect her. If she respected her teammates like she said she did, and if she had "heart" like she said, she would've gone to the boardroom, therefore showing her integrity. Sometimes pride involves getting a few bruises.
    Why should she respect people who clearly didn't respect her? They went into this task not wanting to help her. She felt how uncooperative they were and instead of calling them out for it, pointing fingers back and forth, she kept her dignity and left. They quit on her, just because she asked questions on the previous task. They couldn't handle the pressure of dealing with someone who doesn't always see eye to eye with them.

Many previous PMs haven't been respected by their teammates. They went into the boardroom with candor and composure. Carey pretty much knew he was under the gun last week, and he'd been under the same living conditions as Michelle. Stacie J. from a previous season got labelled as "crazy", humiliated, but she still went into the boardroom.

If your teammates don't like you, earn their respect instead of being indecisive and making your teammates stay up because you're indecisive. And her teammates still worked for her.

Michelle signed up for it and took the easy way out.
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fogey
    Personally, I don't mind when people decide something isn't right for them and move on. However, I do mind when people quit at their team's expense. This "game" is a combination of team-play and individual-play. Because team-play is involved, she shouldn't have quit - even knowing she'd be the one going home.

She's not worth spending a whole lot of energy on. So....on to some speculation.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think Arrow Corp. wins next time around because there is supposed to be a romance. They don't show the faces, but it's a girl and a caucasion guy at the pool.

There are only two guys on Kinetic - one is gay, the other is not caucasion. So....I think we may have a reversal of fortune.
    Last edited by dagwood; 01-21-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: to add spoiler tags

+ Reply to Thread