+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/14 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think I may have opted to sit out. Hugh Hefner certainly isn't anyone I would want to take advice from.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2206227;
    I think I may have opted to sit out. Hugh Hefner certainly isn't anyone I would want to take advice from.
    Same here ScoutMom

I'm not a prude but rubbing elbows with Hef and his Harem is not something I would enjoy or consider a reward.

I watched his "Girl's next door" show a couple times and it showed exactly what I thought it would... an old fool who still puts sex at the top of his list of priorities.

I guess he's Donald's hero

Just the thought of that gives me the creeps!

I just feel that we've largely reached a point where we don't go into a mechanics and see pin-ups on the wall (usually). You don't go into offices and see dirty old men chasing their secretaries around desks (usually). So it just made me take a step back and go: wow, is this really supposed to be a job interview in a professional corporation?

Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket;2206887;
    I just feel that we've largely reached a point where we don't go into a mechanics and see pin-ups on the wall (usually). You don't go into offices and see dirty old men chasing their secretaries around desks (usually). So it just made me take a step back and go: wow, is this really supposed to be a job interview in a professional corporation?

Exactly Helen and it was interesting that neither Melania or Ivanka tagged along on this particular reward...

I wonder what Donald would think of HIS 20 something blonde daughter living up at the Playboy mansion and servicing a fossil?

I guess "Hef" and his lifestyle are only to be admired and featured as a "reward" when the young women involved are someone else's daughters

sick

Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket;2206887;
    I wasn't sure how to feel about this reward. On one hand, Hugh Hefner is without question a very successful businessman, who started with nothing. That's admirable, and he could probably give the candidates some very valuable advice. On the other hand, his business is...well, kinda icky. Maybe he & his magazine aren't quite as gross as, say, Larry Flynt & Hustler, but it's still all about pictures of naked girls who are siliconed and airbrushed beyond anything remotely like most real women.

Now, what if the reward was a visit to Cosmopolitan magazine? I know Helen Gurley Brown hasn't been the editor there for years, but what if it was a meet & greet with her? She's regarded as a hugely successful, powerful woman in the publishing business. But a lot of people don't care for the content of Cosmo - it's geared towards 20-something women and there may not be a lot of exposed male flesh, but it's all about sex, dieting yourself into a probably unattainable dress size, and even if you do, you can't afford the dresses they feature in the fashion section.

I'm thinking that if the reward had maybe been a visit to the Playboy publishing office, and perhaps a dinner with Hef, it may have seemed more acceptable. And more suitable, considering this is supposed to be an interview for a corporate position.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2207311;
    I wasn't sure how to feel about this reward. On one hand, Hugh Hefner is without question a very successful businessman, who started with nothing. That's admirable, and he could probably give the candidates some very valuable advice. On the other hand, his business is...well, kinda icky. Maybe he & his magazine aren't quite as gross as, say, Larry Flynt & Hustler, but it's still all about pictures of naked girls who are siliconed and airbrushed beyond anything remotely like most real women.

Now, what if the reward was a visit to Cosmopolitan magazine? I know Helen Gurley Brown hasn't been the editor there for years, but what if it was a meet & greet with her? She's regarded as a hugely successful, powerful woman in the publishing business. But a lot of people don't care for the content of Cosmo - it's geared towards 20-something women and there may not be a lot of exposed male flesh, but it's all about sex, dieting yourself into a probably unattainable dress size, and even if you do, you can't afford the dresses they feature in the fashion section.

I'm thinking that if the reward had maybe been a visit to the Playboy publishing office, and perhaps a dinner with Hef, it may have seemed more acceptable. And more suitable, considering this is supposed to be an interview for a corporate position.
    They do some very good interviews with prominent celebraties, sports figures, authors and other newsmakers. It makes the magazine a less sleazy than Hustler or any other adult magazine. Still visiting the Playboy mansion isn't what I consider a great reward.

I agree AJane, a visit to their corporate office/dinner would have been way more acceptable.

Perhaps if Hefner's daughter Christie had been invited ?

Forbes ranked Christie, who is the chairman and chief executive officer for Playboy Enterprises as #80 of the 100 Most Powerful Women in 2006 -- she was #90 in 2005.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2208214;
    Perhaps if Hefner's daughter Christie had been invited ?

Forbes ranked Christie, who is the chairman and chief executive officer for Playboy Enterprises as #80 of the 100 Most Powerful Women in 2006 -- she was #90 in 2005.
    I was going to say the same thing, what about meeting Christie but then I saw your post. Talking to Hef how he started the magazine and then how Christie took over and managed it over a nice dinner would have been a great reward.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast