Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2206002;
    how does that leave her safe from being sued?

The wikipedia article makes it crystal clear that he has never filed for "personal bankruptcy" and that's exactly what Rosie misrepresented in her rant.

She can't claim that she made a mistake and just assumed that he had because she already admitted that she used wikipedia as her reference and it very clearly states the opposite.

From Wikipedia: "by 1991 increasing debt brought Trump to business bankruptcy and the brink of personal bankruptcy"

It doesnt matter what most people think or that most people dont distinguish the difference between "personal" and or "business" bankruptcy.
    The courts would look at it from a legal standpoint not a public opinion standpoint and legally he never filed for personal bankruptcy.
    Basically, I have been watching MSNBC and CNN and they initially discussed this issue and according to them Donald doesn't have a case for suing Rosie for slander because she said he filed for bankruptcy and was not specific as to what type. The experts said that it would be considered a frivoulous case and would be tossed out of court.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2207171;
    What the heck has the Donald done to deserve a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? He's a businessman hosting a reality show.
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2207181;
    I read somewhere that you can get a star by paying for it, that's more Donald's style.

Everyone who get's a star on the walk of fame pays for it

A Walk of Fame Committee with members representing each of the five categories meets once a year in June to nominate people for a star.
    That person has to agree to attend the ceremony.
    A fee of $15,000 to pay for the star itself, the dedication ceremony and maintenance of the Walk of Fame is required upon selection by the committee

Many stars are sponsored by movie studios or record companies in conjunction with the release of a new movie or recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2207185;
    Basically, I have been watching MSNBC and CNN and they initially discussed this issue and according to them Donald doesn't have a case for suing Rosie for slander because she said he filed for bankruptcy and was not specific as to what type. The experts said that it would be considered a frivoulous case and would be tossed out of court.
    We were'nt discussing if the case would get anywhere

You said she was "safe" from being sued, he can sue her if he wants to because she said he filed for bankruptcy and that's a lie.

When Rosie said that Donald filed for bankruptcy that means "personal bankruptcy", when a business files for bankruptcy it lists the corporation name as filing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2207331;
    We were'nt discussing if the case would get anywhere

You said she was "safe" from being sued, he can sue her if he wants to because she said he filed for bankruptcy and that's a lie.
    Yes, you can sue anybody for anything. I am reporting that the 'experts' on several news shows have commented that this is a frivolous case and would be thrown out of court. That the judge would refuse to hear it.

Rosie did not lie, Donald (ok his company did but he told them too) did file for bankruptcy it just was not for personal bankruptcy and that is the crux of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2207331;
    When Rosie said that Donald filed for bankruptcy that means "personal bankruptcy", when a business files for bankruptcy it lists the corporation name as filing.
    I don't think Rosie cares one way or another if Donald filed for personal vs business bankruptcy. Who cares. He filed for it and that is it. The entire matter of personal bankuptcy vs the company the man own's going bankrupt is splitting hairs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i got the impression with her original comment was the fact that he had the affairs, which to me, would be a good reason to question someone's ability to be the "moral compass" of young women everywhere.

as for his bankrupcy, he's a business savvy kind of guy ... he knows how to make his business take the fall for their failures without him having to lose anything from it.

i haven't seen the video yet, but i see something on cnn.com's pain page that says donald "dumps on condi rice"? is he going after her now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2207376;
    I don't think Rosie cares one way or another if Donald filed for personal vs business bankruptcy.

Exactly, she doesnt care one way or the other if it was personal bankruptcy or not, she was running him down and that was one more insult... accurate or not she tossed it out there.

He corrected her and said he might sue her for saying it, which he is could do if he wanted to.

Would it go anywhere, probably not.... that's why tabloids feel free to tell outrageous lies about people all the time.

My feeling is they're both rude and have big mouths.
    Rosie has a habit of attacking someone every few months.... in the past the people she attacked would reply and drop it.
    This time she attacked someone just as obnoxious as herself.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2207393;

i haven't seen the video yet, but i see something on cnn.com's pain page that says donald "dumps on condi rice"? is he going after her now?
    yep he is after Condi now

He says she is a lousy negotiator and all she does is "wave" and "smile"

He says he could do a much better job negotiating and just off the top of his head he knows of 15-20 other people who could do a better job.

He was on Larry King last night and was going on about what a lousy job Condi is doing.
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 01-17-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Now Trump's rippin' Condi

WASHINGTON
    January 14, 2007 - Still locked in a nasty feud with Rosie O'Donnell, The Donald may be looking at a new target: Secretary of State Rice.
    Donald Trump says in an interview set to air tonight that Rice seems like a nice person, but when it comes to her role as the nation's chief negotiator, he'd like to use his trademark line on her: "You're fired."

Americans "want someone that knows how to negotiate, that knows the art of the deal," he said in an interview on FOX News Channel's "Hannity's America."

"In all fairness, I see Condoleezza Rice - she goes on a plane, she gets off a plane, she waves, she goes there to meet some dictator. ... They talk, she leaves, she waves, the plane takes off. Nothing happens, it's a joke, nothing ever happens. I think she's a very nice woman, but I don't want a nice woman. I want someone that's not necessarily nice."

Trump isn't just picking on the gals - he actually goes gaga over Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.): "She is a very capable woman. She has done an amazing job as a senator of New York."

Rice's latest diplomatic gambit has her back in Israel, where she met last night with Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni. Today, she meets with Palestinian officials.

Link to article

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    thanks for the info cleo (can't watch videos where i'm at right now)

"In all fairness, I see Condoleezza Rice - she goes on a plane, she gets off a plane, she waves, she goes there to meet some dictator. ... They talk, she leaves, she waves, the plane takes off. Nothing happens, it's a joke, nothing ever happens. I think she's a very nice woman, but I don't want a nice woman. I want someone that's not necessarily nice."
    think he'd be willing to have rosie take her place?

Closed Thread