Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

I don't thing Rosie being a woman has a thing to do with it. I would take offense at anyone who made fun of me, no matter their sex. Her sweeping her hair over was stupid, but not unexpected since it was her, but the mouth thing was what I found most offensive. If people didn't hate Trump, they would all be irate about that. You can make fun of things that people can correct, like his hair, her weight or whatever, but the way they hold their mouth?

Whose side am I on? If I had to choose, it would be Trump's. I think Rosie in general, is very obnoxious, and takes over the entire show - The View. No one can get a word in edge-wise. She made every bit as many slams to Trump, as he did her, according to some. She hit below the belt when she got personal and slammed him for three supposed failed marriages. That was uncalled for. Who is she to say by the way, that Trump has gone bankrupt?? She has gotten into it with many celebrities and talk show hosts.
    Her little issue with Kelly Rippa was totally ridiculous. She insinuated that Kelly was biased/prejudiced.Rosie has a defensiveness/abrasive way that stands out like a sore thumb. I still won't be surprised if 'The View' plummets.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Mind you, Rosie only attacked Trumps behavior and nothing she said wasn't true.
    She attacked his appearance also. The fact that Donald's hair is considered to be a punchline doesn't make her insults towards his appearance any less insulting.

Trump attacked every woman who's overweight and made insults that had nothing to do with anything.
    [mod edit] I'm tired of whenever someone makes a comment about a woman's weight they've suddenly insulted ALL overweight women. Rosie is ONE woman, not ALL women. This PC nonsense is getting ridiculous. I certainly don't hear anyone saying Rosie's comment about Donald's hair insulted ALL men with combovers. [mod edit]

Let's face it, he did it for the ratings.
    He did what he did because he has EVERY right to speak his mind in a free society just as Rosie did.

Rosie's big mouth just caused a little more ruckas then she bargained for this time around. And it looks good on her.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-15-2007 at 01:11 PM.

I'm on Rosie's side. She's on the show called The View and that is exactly what she is doing, giving her points of view. Doesn't mean we have to agree with what she says and many of us don't. Donald Trump is a very childish man, he's supposed to be a billionaire, a savy business man and yet he acts worse than Rosie does. Keeps the feud going. He acts like a woman!! How is he? Nearly 60 and he still acts this way

Kelly Ripa and Kirstie Alley, again Rosie gave her points of view. I think Kelly Ripa does think Clay Aiken is gay, that Halloween skit she did of Clay singing, she made it clear what she thought, sure she didn't say it out right but her actions spoke volumes.

Kirstie Alley, Rosie said what she thought because she knows what it is to be fat, she even said that she herself was fat (Rosie). Again, these are her points of view.
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-15-2007 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikij;2204993;
    Rosie is a comedian. That's what she started out as. She's been hired to appear on The View because she is outspoken. It's called "The View" because a group of women sit around a table and speak their mind. Rosie was doing her job, and she was pretty funny doing it.
    Exactly. If it weren't for Rosie, this show would be dull. IMO, she's the one person who is bringing in the viewers. She's the only reason I watch this show.

This show should be a show about views, hence the name - The View. Anymore though, it's turned into The Rosie Show. If the show's goingto live up to it's name, The View, then the other ladies on that stage better be able to state their views, as well. Rosie completely takes over. This morning, it never failed AGAIN..she has to make yet another insinuation regarding what Trump might think/say of her comments. Enough's enough..I am now beginningto think this is done for publicity/attention on her part.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Maybe they need to change the name of the show to Rosie's View, since that is the only one that usually gets heard any more.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2205078;
    She attacked his appearance also. The fact that Donald's hair is considered to be a punchline doesn't make her insults towards his appearance any less insulting.

[mod edit] I'm tired of whenever someone makes a comment about a woman's weight they've suddenly insulted ALL overweight women. Rosie is ONE woman, not ALL women. This PC nonsense is getting ridiculous. I certainly don't hear anyone saying Rosie's comment about Donald's hair insulted ALL men with combovers. [mod edit]

He did what he did because he has EVERY right to speak his mind in a free society just as Rosie did.

Rosie's big mouth just caused a little more ruckas then she bargained for this time around. And it looks good on her.
    I agree with you completely, if Trump thought ALL fat women were slobs, disgusting and whatever else he said about Rosie, he would have said ALL fat women.

Donald never shys away from speaking his mind, right, wrong or otherwise.

And good point about Rosie's combover comment, I guess all guys with combovers should be insulted because she must have meant ALL of them

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie227;2202160;
    Interesting that what Vanessa did wasn't against the law, but what Tara Connors did was against the law -- underage drinking -- but Connors got a second chance anyway. The laugh is on Vanessa's side -- she's had a successful career since her decrowning.
    Well, Vanessa had a successful career because she was innately talented - as a singer and actor. She didn't need Donald's stamp. Tara's talents (besides drinking) - oh, we'll see!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2205177;
    Exactly. If it weren't for Rosie, this show would be dull. IMO, she's the one person who is bringing in the viewers. She's the only reason I watch this show.
    Well, Meredith Viera was snoozzzzzy. Star Jones had the world conspiring against her (and all Blacks). Joy Behar is plain annoying. Elisabeth is well insipid. Barbara is not even on the show on most days - needs a morning nap? Rosie is the only person who keeps the show going. They can just get rid of the rest and call it "Rosie's View".

Closed Thread