Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    I love a good mud-slinging fest, especially when one of the participants is someone like Trump - one who could give a flying f*** what anyone thinks of his opinion.

That anyone would even try to compare whose insults are the worse ones is ridiculous. If you're going to throw insults out there (such as Rosie did), then you'd better be prepared for the potential firestorm to follow. And insult is and insult. PERIOD. One insult is just as bad as another. And Rosie definitely bit off more than she could chew on this one - and yes, pun VERY MUCH intended.

It's about time someone put loudmouth Rosie into her place. Remove her from the View at once so that it can become watchable again.

Go Donald go!
    Last edited by fluff; 01-11-2007 at 01:05 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2201827;
    What finally made me snap my book shut and say "ENOUGH!" is tonight when Greta Van Susteren had Omarosa on her show as an 'expert' on the Donald/Rosie/Barbara situation.

Excuse me?!?! Although I do recognize that the lies and accusations of lies flying back and forth between Trump, Rosie, and Barbara are mind-boggling, and that Omarosa is indeed an expert liar... when a news show that wants me to take it seriously is calling in Omarosa as an expert on something that already shouldn't be included in 'serious' news shows.. then the barriers of common sense in the news media has been severely breached. And not only did they actually expect me to buy that Omarosa is an expert in anything, they actually asked her serious 'news' questions as if she were something other than the joke she is. And I don't even have to bother to explain why Omarosa being called as an expert on the feud is such a joke, because the whole thing was already a joke, and to cast Omarosa as an 'expert news correspondent' makes me wonder what episode of the Twilight Zone I'm in the middle of right now.

What a sad embarassing chapter in the story of today's news networks. :nono
    You have posted my sentiments exactly. It's time the real news gets back on center stage. The networks are just adding fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2201144;
    I'm definately not on The D side but they did have a national press conference when they stripped Vanessa Williams of her title because of some nude photos many moons ago.
    Interesting that what Vanessa did wasn't against the law, but what Tara Connors did was against the law -- underage drinking -- but Connors got a second chance anyway. The laugh is on Vanessa's side -- she's had a successful career since her decrowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2201339;
    I think the problem here is that we are assuming Donald had all of the required information from the very beginning. I don't think the revelations about Miss USA playing around with Miss Teen USA came out till later. At first the story was about how Tara Conner indulged when SHE was underage. It was only later, after this fiasco blew up, that the other allegations came out about lesbian kisses, bringing guys up to her apartment and coming on to photographers.

As for her "tempting" Miss Teen USA, apparently there's only 2 years age difference between them--they were BOTH underage at the time. Is a 20 year old hanging out with an 18 year old all that shocking? Perhaps them allegedly inviting guys up to their shared apartment for sex is, and in light of that everyone involved should have been given the boot, but to be fair to Trump, again, I don't think he had all of this information at the outset. If he's guilty of a misjudgment it was more in making his ruling too quickly, without further investigation, than him judging badly if ONLY the underage drinking rumors had been true.
    Actually, Trump had all of the details. All of this information about Tara Conner having used drugs, having exhibited PDA with Miss Teen USA, and having invited men back to her Miss USA apartment was all public knowledge the weekend before the press conference. And if it was public knowledge, Trump knew about it.

The photographer issue is a recent newsblurb.. but I'd still have no doubts that Trump knew about that one as well. I am certain that the conduct of Miss USA at all sponsored events is something that's closely monitored, especially by the chaperone that is with her during all of these events.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenHandbasket;2202004;
    I actually feel sorry for Barbara, this isn't her fight, she has tried to downplay the whole thing and she keeps getting dragged into the middle. If she did say the things Trump claimed she did, then he should have kept them to himself. If he didn't, then he's a liar.
    Barbara is now seeing the price for hiring Rosie. CONSTANT scandal.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2202375;
    Barbara is now seeing the price for hiring Rosie. CONSTANT scandal.
    Constant scandal = Ratings. Win win!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I think Rosie deserves everything she gets. What she does and in this case did ... is opened the door. My opinion is that Trump's version of his and Barbara's phone conversation is true, or at worst is what he believes he heard.

I'm not on anyone's "side" unless one of them is offering to share a percentage of their monetary gains with me.

As for the "news" coverage, there's plenty of news, much of which is sensational enough to up the ratings --- murders, the missing and other mayhem. And regardless of individuals' beliefs about the war pro or con, we have troops in harm's way ... yet they choose to report this trash for some who find Rosie riveting.

Sorry if this may seem a little off topic, but this thread seems to be. Perhaps the legitimate news channels will suggest it be moved to current events/breaking news.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular
    Rosie is a comedian. That's what she started out as. She's been hired to appear on The View because she is outspoken. It's called "The View" because a group of women sit around a table and speak their mind. Rosie was doing her job, and she was pretty funny doing it.

Jay Leno and David Letterman and every other late night host have made fun of Trump and Trump never complained about it.

Is it a possibility that because Rosie is a woman that she isn't allowed to? Is that why everyone is coming down on her? If Jay Leno had said it, would we even be having this discussion? What if it were Howard Stern?

But Rosie says it and that makes her a fat ugly loser.

Mind you, Rosie only attacked Trumps behavior and nothing she said wasn't true.

Trump attacked every woman who's overweight and made insults that had nothing to do with anything.

Let's face it, he did it for the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikij;2204993;
    Rosie is a comedian. That's what she started out as. She's been hired to appear on The View because she is outspoken. It's called "The View" because a group of women sit around a table and speak their mind. Rosie was doing her job, and she was pretty funny doing it.

Jay Leno and David Letterman and every other late night host have made fun of Trump and Trump never complained about it.

Is it a possibility that because Rosie is a woman that she isn't allowed to? Is that why everyone is coming down on her? If Jay Leno had said it, would we even be having this discussion? What if it were Howard Stern?

But Rosie says it and that makes her a fat ugly loser.

Mind you, Rosie only attacked Trumps behavior and nothing she said wasn't true.

Trump attacked every woman who's overweight and made insults that had nothing to do with anything.

Let's face it, he did it for the ratings.
    Thank you for pointing out the obvious. You get it, I get it, why does no body else. I honestly do think it is gender related. All the other talk show hosts and radio jocks have been making jokes about the Tara Conner situation and other things in Trumps life for years and he never sued. But having Rosie say it and and all the 'so called' experts on MSNnews and CNN are saying its time to shut Rosie up. How is what she is doing any different from what a comedian normally does?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Rosie should love this...wonder what she'll say???

People

Donald Trump Sued for Age Discrimination
    MONDAY JANUARY 08, 2007 08:00 AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Rosie O'Donnell isn't the only one with a bone to pick with Donald Trump: Now a New Hampshire man is suing the mogul for age discrimination.

Joseph Hewett, a technology manager, says he didn't make it onto The Apprentice as a contestant because, at 49, he was deemed too old, the New York Post reports.

Hewett tried out for the show in 2005 but was quickly given the brush-off, he says in a lawsuit filed in Massachusetts federal court. He wants class-action status for his suit, meaning thousands more rejected applicants could join in as plaintiffs.

Along with Trump, Hewett names several of his companies and producer Mark Burnett as defendants.

No comment has been reported from the Trump camp.

On Sunday, the seventh season of The Apprentice and its first to be filmed in Los Angeles debuted. Its 18 contestants had been selected from a pool of 18,000 applicants, the Post reports.

On Monday, Rosie O'Donnell, who has been feuding with Trump since before Christmas, returned to The View after a vacation. She recently posted a painting on her Web site titled simply, "Him," which portrays a wide-eyed, open-mouthed face topped by what looks suspiciously like a combover.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Closed Thread