Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

I wonder if he'll let the Barbara Walters thing go, or if he'll keep this whole thing going.

FORT Regular
    What Miss USA did can get you thrown in the slammer... illegal drugs and drinking with an underage person (Miss Teen USA). What Miss Nevada did is not illegal in anyway. Maybe poor taste, but you can't go to jail for it. What message did this send to young girls/women in this country? Do drugs... get a pass. Make smutty pics... lose your job. If Trump had give both girls a second chance or fired both I would have respected those decisions. What he did was send a bad message, but he will never admit that.

Donna

I think the problem here is that we are assuming Donald had all of the required information from the very beginning. I don't think the revelations about Miss USA playing around with Miss Teen USA came out till later. At first the story was about how Tara Conner indulged when SHE was underage. It was only later, after this fiasco blew up, that the other allegations came out about lesbian kisses, bringing guys up to her apartment and coming on to photographers.

As for her "tempting" Miss Teen USA, apparently there's only 2 years age difference between them--they were BOTH underage at the time. Is a 20 year old hanging out with an 18 year old all that shocking? Perhaps them allegedly inviting guys up to their shared apartment for sex is, and in light of that everyone involved should have been given the boot, but to be fair to Trump, again, I don't think he had all of this information at the outset. If he's guilty of a misjudgment it was more in making his ruling too quickly, without further investigation, than him judging badly if ONLY the underage drinking rumors had been true.

Trump is a schmuck, but that's really not the whole issue. Rosie is a pretty bad piece of work too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Okay, so I watched some of the comments they made to each other, and I think Donald went WAY overboard! Calling Rosie ugly, a loser, and many more names. There is no need for calling her that.

Yeah, she's annoying at times and makes rude remarks, but you still don't call her the names he did. :nono

If I learned one thing from Mom, it's not to take sides when two kids are bickering. Both could benefit from Dad's wisdom: Never get in a whizzing contest with a skunk.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I think they're both idiots and get what they deserve.

Rosie is just as guilty of engaging in childish name calling and accusing people of things (Look how she jumped down Kelly Ripas throat and called her a homophobe!)

Donald had every right to make his statements concerning Miss USA etc..... in effect they are employees of his who have entered into a contractual agreement of what their duties will be and how they will conduct themselves while representing their positon.
    He wasnt really doing what Rosie accused him of... she said it like he just came out of the blue making moral judgements about 20 yr olds.
    I dont think he would have given 2 hoots about what she did if she was an average 20 yr old, what HE was addressing was what she was doing as an employee and representative of his pageant.

He obviously doesnt go around making moral judgements about 20 yr olds and how they live their life because I have seen him defend Paris Hilton on several occasions and say that he thinks she is getting a bad rap from the press!

On the other hand he went overboard when he got down in the sewer and started making an issue of Rosies weight and personal style, hygiene... etc.

They both need to grow up, shut their pie holes and act like adults
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 01-10-2007 at 09:38 PM.

I'm on Trump's side here. Rosie seems to use most of her camera time on The View bad-mouthing other celebrities. Kelly Ripa, Kirstie Alley, now Trump...all unprovoked attacks. Trump's just the only one who fought back. And all this on the heels of her so very unfunny "imitation" of a Chinese interviewer with Danny DeVito. Trump is a blowhard and sure, he's pretty much a cariacture of himself at this point, but Rosie just comes off as a nasty, bitter witch. Once her shock value is used up on The View, I predict she'll be joining Star Jones in the unemployment line.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2201604;
    I'm on Trump's side here. Rosie seems to use most of her camera time on The View bad-mouthing other celebrities. Kelly Ripa, Kirstie Alley, now Trump...all unprovoked attacks. Trump's just the only one who fought back. And all this on the heels of her so very unfunny "imitation" of a Chinese interviewer with Danny DeVito. Trump is a blowhard and sure, he's pretty much a cariacture of himself at this point, but Rosie just comes off as a nasty, bitter witch. Once her shock value is used up on The View, I predict she'll be joining Star Jones in the unemployment line.
    Rosie is hyper-sensitive about any perceived insults made by others (real or not) but seems to think it's just fine and dandy for her to air her opinion of others whether it's justified or not.

She immediately jumped to the conclusion of what Kelly meant when she said "I don't know where your hands been honey" to Clay Aiken and didnt for even one second entertain the idea that there could be ANY explanation other than she is a raging homophobe

It reminded me of Omarosa on the Apprentice when Ereka said "pot calling the kettle black"..... that's a common statement that people use all the time yet Omarosa immediately accused her of being a rascist!

People like Rosie and Omarosa go around looking for things to blow out of proportion and take offense to

I already stated my opinion above somewhere that I'm not on either side, because they're both equally guilty of being childish idiots and publicity whores. Now, after sitting here on the computer doing a project for the past few hours and having the tv on in the background, I have to finally say I am indeed on a particular side.

For the past 4 hours, I've been listening and half-watching several 'news' shows on Fox News, CNN, CNBC, and a couple of others. And on every single one of the shows, either the entire show or a major segment of it was devoted to this Donald/Rosie/Barbara crap. So yes, I'm on a side. I'm on the side of logic and common sense, and that means not only do Donald, Rosie, and Barbara all need to shut up, so do these news networks that are devoting all this time to the subject. What finally made me snap my book shut and say "ENOUGH!" is tonight when Greta Van Susteren had Omarosa on her show as an 'expert' on the Donald/Rosie/Barbara situation.

Excuse me?!?! Although I do recognize that the lies and accusations of lies flying back and forth between Trump, Rosie, and Barbara are mind-boggling, and that Omarosa is indeed an expert liar... when a news show that wants me to take it seriously is calling in Omarosa as an expert on something that already shouldn't be included in 'serious' news shows.. then the barriers of common sense in the news media has been severely breached. And not only did they actually expect me to buy that Omarosa is an expert in anything, they actually asked her serious 'news' questions as if she were something other than the joke she is. And I don't even have to bother to explain why Omarosa being called as an expert on the feud is such a joke, because the whole thing was already a joke, and to cast Omarosa as an 'expert news correspondent' makes me wonder what episode of the Twilight Zone I'm in the middle of right now.

Oh.my.gawd. Entire news shows devoted to this 'feud' as if it were really serious news. And to stoop so low as to expect me to think an Omarosa is a respected expert in this field -- what is this 'field', anyway? Who's next? Tomorrow should I expect to see Barbara's manicurist brought in as an expert on this topic? Respected news people such as Anderson Cooper, Aaron Brown, Wolf Blitzen, etc., etc., and other news people I don't respect so much, like Paula Zahn, Greta Van Susteren, Bill Moyers, Larry King, and many more, plus entire half hour news shows.. when this ridiculous 2nd-grade-level publicity stunt/feud/prank/bickering takes over the news broadcasts every day like this, how am I supposed to take these news outlets seriously when they deign to report something that really should be taken seriously?

There is absolutely no justification for this stupidity to be taking over the non-entertainment news outlets like this. Even E! isn't reporting on this as much as the 'legit news shows' are. But then, at least E! makes it clear they know it's pretty much a joke. I guess CNN, Fox, NBC, etc., haven't figured that out yet. And now, they're part of the big joke. How embarassing for them. :nono

What a sad embarassing chapter in the story of today's news networks. :nono

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I actually feel sorry for Barbara, this isn't her fight, she has tried to downplay the whole thing and she keeps getting dragged into the middle. If she did say the things Trump claimed she did, then he should have kept them to himself. If he didn't, then he's a liar.

Closed Thread