Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey Cleocatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Catmandu
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2208153;
    ENOUGH, ALREADY. Are Rosie and Donald now on a new level of the feud where they are trying to top each other with whom they can insult. Donald with Condi and Rosie with Paula. Can we shoot them both?? Better yet how about sewing both their mouths shut and to each others asses.
    hahahah bearcatta I like that idea!!

  2. #92
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2208074;
    Now Rosie is attacking Paula Abdul... she went on and on about how Paula had booze in her cup last night and was obviously drunk.

    She said Paula had one eye looking one way and the other eye was looking in the opposite direction.

    It showed clips of her on the View dissing Paula and then it showed her being interviewed by some reporter and she was even more insulting to Paula.... Rosie was impersonating Paula and making a "drunk" face and then acting like she was guzzling booze and burping

    I heard Rosie comment on this. Seems she's on a rampage lately..beginning with Kelly Rippa, Donald and now Paula Abdul. I think Barbara Walters needs to sit Rosie down, and tell her to knock it off. Discussing topics on a talk show like The View is one thing, but to bash people like she's doing is quite another.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  3. #93
    CEO
    CEO is offline
    Mark 1 Mod 0 CEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2208085;
    ...My problem here is that Rosie is doing so (and rather viscously) in an environment where she KNOWS she's under scrutiny for similar outbursts over the past few months. It shows a lack of judgment more than anything trite like "meanness".
    It is worse than meanness and it definitely not a lack of judgment. It is 'schtick' -- nothing more than her act. She behaves in this manner deliberately to get attention (that is how she makes her money, by people knowing her name and watching what she does). That is all fine and dandy -- lots of people since and probably for ever after will make their living the same way because P.T. Barnum was right.

    The problem with rosie o'donut is that she also likes to claim that she is some sort of social barometer to whom we should all listen when she has an opinion about complicated issues. Same MO time and time again -- she makes her living as a controversial 'comedienne' but what she really wants is to be regarded as a social activist -- these two professions do not mix. At least Donald Trump, for all his faults and personality misgivings, is capable of producing, and DOES produce on a regular basis, a real product that contributes to the physical infrastructure of the western world (talking about the businesses he owns, not the shows he is on). Rosie does nothing other than lambaste anything and everything that she cannot be herself.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  4. #94
    Miss Universe HelenHandbasket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    488
    Entertainment is a huge industry which supplies people with jobs, and contributes to the world economy. What Donald Trump does is no more or less valid than what Rosie does. Love her or hate her (I find her incredibly annoying) she does get ratings, both on her own show and The View.

    Both Rosie and Donald have been on people-bashing sprees lately. Honestly, I'd like to tie them up in a room together and then they could just opine at each other non-stop and the rest of us wouldn't have to hear it.

  5. #95
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2208375;
    It is worse than meanness and it definitely not a lack of judgment. It is 'schtick' -- nothing more than her act. She behaves in this manner deliberately to get attention (that is how she makes her money, by people knowing her name and watching what she does). That is all fine and dandy -- lots of people since and probably for ever after will make their living the same way because P.T. Barnum was right.

    The problem with rosie o'donut is that she also likes to claim that she is some sort of social barometer to whom we should all listen when she has an opinion about complicated issues. Same MO time and time again -- she makes her living as a controversial 'comedienne' but what she really wants is to be regarded as a social activist -- these two professions do not mix. At least Donald Trump, for all his faults and personality misgivings, is capable of producing, and DOES produce on a regular basis, a real product that contributes to the physical infrastructure of the western world (talking about the businesses he owns, not the shows he is on). Rosie does nothing other than lambaste anything and everything that she cannot be herself.
    Okay, that's a reasonable explanation. And to be clear, I actually thought her Paula Abdul comments, at least the ones I've seen in clips on certain places on the web, were actually funny. My big problem is that for her, it seems like its become more about pushing buttons than anything else. That worked for Andy Kaufmann, but Rosie is no Andy Kaufmann.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2208363;
    I heard Rosie comment on this. Seems she's on a rampage lately..beginning with Kelly Rippa, Donald and now Paula Abdul. I think Barbara Walters needs to sit Rosie down, and tell her to knock it off. Discussing topics on a talk show like The View is one thing, but to bash people like she's doing is quite another.
    She also started to bash Anderson Cooper one day and Barbara gave her the look.

  7. #97
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2210938;
    She also started to bash Anderson Cooper one day and Barbara gave her the look.
    What possible motive could The Great and Powerful Rosie have for bashing Cooper?

    Is it because he's gay, but is seemingly insistent that its nobody else's business and so refuses to talk about it?

    His Wikipedia page has this quote he gave to New York magazine:

    "You know, I understand why people might be interested. But I just don’t talk about my personal life. It’s a decision I made a long time ago, before I ever even knew anyone would be interested in my personal life. The whole thing about being a reporter is that you're supposed to be an observer and to be able to adapt with any group you’re in, and I don’t want to do anything that threatens that."

    Is Rosie so in your face that she resents discretion in someone else's character?

    Or was Rosie bashing him for some other reason?

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  8. #98
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746
    anderson cooper is gay???? how did i miss knowing this?

  9. #99
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2210979;
    anderson cooper is gay???? how did i miss knowing this?
    If I recall correctly, it came out pretty quietly years ago, because he was photographed with a guy he was dating. I recall all kinds of people posting online about it back then talking about how it was an open secret among many people anyway--that he doesn't hide it, but he also refuses to talk about it in interviews or highlight it in any way.

    Frankly I don't think most people care, other than maybe some religious nuts, because he does his job competently and professionally.

    Just do a google search for "Anderson Cooper gay" and I think you will get plenty of material.

    I suppose many people would argue that he fulfills a stereotype, being the son of a fashion icon, but even if so his behavior isn't very stereotypical.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  10. #100
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Seems to me that whenever Rosie is critical of someone in any way she's automatically accused of "bashing them".

    This thread has steered far from the path of Rosie and Donald.
    There is a thread in the Non Reality Shows forum where people can continue to discuss issues relating to The View.

    If the Rosie/Donald feud gathers steam again the thread will be reopened.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.