+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I was watching my local news the other night, and when it came time for the sports coverage, there was none other than Donald Trump himself, standing in the locker room of the New England Patriots. I have no idea why he was there, but what really cracked me up was that when the Pats came in from practice and saw him there, one of players walked past him, clapped him on the shoulder, and said, "You're hired!" (I don't know whuch player it was, because I couldn't see his face, only that he was black, had really long dreadlocks, and was a lot shorter than Trump). And then this same player led the rest of the team in a cheer, "Let's hear it for the Trumpster!!!" It was TOTALLY HILARIOUS!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2202316;
    Read my original post. I never compared Ivanka to Paris Hilton; I merely addressed the comparison made by someone else before me.

Again, I resent the insinuation that I hate Ivanka. I don't know the chick so I can't really hate her. I don't even dislike her however I do think she is someone who is where she is because her daddy put her there and while she may have some talents, her abilities are secondary to the fact that nepotism is what opens all the doors for her. As noted before, graduating magna cum laude from anywhere doesn't even guarantee one a job in real life let alone a cushy seat in an executive boardroom playing second fiddle to the likes of Trump, as evidenced by all those people with multiple degrees and possibly millions in the bank still applying for and competing on this show.

She's not qualified to critique these people which is pretty obvious but she is not a total loss, even though she may be trying to co-steer a sinking ship. She's just there to be her father's sidekick - now that Trump fired Carolyn because she was stealing his thunder - and as such she makes for good contrast to Donald Duck and she's not too bad as entertainment but Ivanka's position is just a make-believe one. In real life nobody would let her hire and fire anyone when they can find so many other people, albeit less famous and with fewer white linen designer coats perhaps, who could do a more legitimate and a more professional job.

I wasn't citing you but others have compared Ivanka to Paris Hilton in this thread and her thread. I can't judge Ivanka's qualifications because I haven't seen the girl in action that much. But graduating magna cum laude does indicate intelligence. Why isn't she qualified to critique these people? She grew up in her father's business, works with him and knows if a person would be an asset to the Trump organization and fit in. As for her resume, most fortune 500 snap of kids who graduate from Wharton. She did- plus she worked for a company prior to joining Trump. And in business there are alot of twentysomethings being hired and supervising others and firing them. Have you seen that movie with Denis Quaid and Scarlett Johanson? And yes, most kids of famous people don't amount to anything but there have been many that have surpass their fathers. Look into the Rockerfeller, Vanderbilt and Roosevelt families. As for celebrity families- I would say Michael Douglas surpassed his father in some ways. Ivanka's mark will be discovered over time. But unless people have specific issues about her and not generalizations- so far she has held her own. As for Carolyn stealing Trumps thunder. I haven't heard anything about her since then. So much for becoming a star.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2204183;
    I agree. I thought her remark about Martin and the chicago construction site was ridiculous, because if how a person looks is Ivanka's criteria for whomever becomes the next Apprentice, then most of the female candidates may as well just go home--because they won't "look right" on a construction site. I also thought that jumping down Martin's throat for needing to use the bathroom, really took the cake, as well. This woman may have graduated well from college, but she has neither the credibility nor the gravitas that a George or a Carolyn would bring to the table.

Donald doesn't look right on a construction site with his $1,000 suits. But he knows the construction business. It's not like any of the contestants will be putting up dry wall. Martin, as smart as he is, doesn't seem to know a nail gun from a glue gun. That is the point of him not fitting in with Trump's organization. Not his sex.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2207141;
    Donald doesn't look right on a construction site with his $1,000 suits. But he knows the construction business. It's not like any of the contestants will be putting up dry wall. Martin, as smart as he is, doesn't seem to know a nail gun from a glue gun. That is the point of him not fitting in with Trump's organization. Not his sex.
    You could just as easily make that same statement about the women candidates on this season's show, because most of them, too, give the impression of not knowing a nail gun from a glue gun. Therefore, by Ivanka's criteria, they should be fired, also, along with Martin.

Re: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2198660;
    The tent is really going to motivate the losing teams (and it will stick in the back of the mind of the winning teams). We are going to have some driven people fighting hard. While the inherent value of the tent is low, the residual value of how it is going to affect the mindset of the applicants is huge. Let's not be so quick as to make a judgment about whether or not this is just a gimmick; not quite yet -- it has potential to really invigorate the show.
    nope never happened... the tent was dumb from the start and only got more disgusting and ridiculous as time went on.

Time for Trump to call it quits... Apprentice has run it's course

+ Reply to Thread