+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2198558;
    Was anyone grossed out with the beginning? I don't know, but it just grosses me out to see Donald with a MUCH younger wife.

Yup I was, he needs to settle down because each marriage is becoming more and more ridiculous,,,, soon he will look like the old creepy dude that married Anna Nicole Smith!

I wonder how his kids feel about him having a different family from each wife?

The way he is acting lately is so bizarre as well.... he needs to drop his bitching about Rosie O'Donnel.... he's making himself look like an idiot! and a shallow bastard... the way he focuses on her weight... just shows a lack of class on his part.

Sorry Donald but not all women are 6ft tall and anorexic with huge boobs like Melania

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2198581;
    oh man Realitychick I'm so glad that someone else was wondering WTF!?!? about that headband!! in fact I laughed out loud when I saw it

I normally think that Melania is very pretty but that headband was horrible!

Gawd! could it be that she has caught UTHS - "UGLY THINNING HAIR SYNDROME" from the Donald and is trying to hide her skull rather than do a comb over like the old man?

And on another note the whole "losers stay in a tent" is the dumbest twist EVER in a reality show.... it makes Donald look like a cheapskate idiot who doesnt know how to run a proper contest!

I thought The Apprentice was supposed to be about the prestige and pomp of breathing in the same rarified air as the Donald?? and glimpsing his oppulent lifestyle....that even a mere apprentice lives in a penthouse while competing for the position.........but NOPE..... a TENT??? GMAFB!!
    Real exciting for us viewers to watch people crawling around in a tent! and brushing their teeth with garden hose water
    I spit up my cherrios reading this. UTHS could be contagious. What next? The baby wearing a headband?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2198429;
    I thought Frank should have gone, rather than Martin. (Flyers for a car wash???) He also should have been booted for that embarrassing spectacle he made of himself in the boardroom. Would you want someone who gets that hysterical running one of your corporations?
    I think Trump wants to see what Frank will do next. They guy made an impassioned plea that 'He wants to be there'. Trump took him at his word and put him back in the fishbowl.

The IMPORTANT thing that came out of this episode is that Trump dumped the clown from the start -- he didn't keep the obvious whack-job just because he knew that he would make drama and be good for TV. Martin didn't fit in and wasn't going to fit in, so trump fired him. This is a new leaf, for sure (with shades of season one)!
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2198581;
    And on another note the whole "losers stay in a tent" is the dumbest twist EVER in a reality show.... it makes Donald look like a cheapskate idiot who doesnt know how to run a proper contest!

I thought The Apprentice was supposed to be about the prestige and pomp of breathing in the same rarified air as the Donald?? and glimpsing his oppulent lifestyle....that even a mere apprentice lives in a penthouse while competing for the position.........but NOPE..... a TENT??? GMAFB!!
    The tent is really going to motivate the losing teams (and it will stick in the back of the mind of the winning teams). We are going to have some driven people fighting hard. While the inherent value of the tent is low, the residual value of how it is going to affect the mindset of the applicants is huge. Let's not be so quick as to make a judgment about whether or not this is just a gimmick; not quite yet -- it has potential to really invigorate the show.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Fogey
    I started laughing at myself half way through this episode, realizing that the changes they didn't promote I liked and the changes they did promote I don't like.

I really like having the winning PM as part of the board room. It really does cut out the "you don't know what it was like" and "the task was unfair" defenses. The questions that a person who went through the same task can pose are a unique perspective, and I like it. It also gives the winning PM an edge on his or her team by knowing exactly what happens in the board room.

By having the winning PM in the board room, it makes sense that they'd have to split up the living conditions of the winning and losing team. I just wish they didn't do so with tents. They could have accomplished the same thing with a guest house. Let the main house have luxurious accomodations, a chef, pool, etc. Have the guest house just have the basics. You'd have the have and have nots, as well as the losing team being isolated from a judge in the board room without it seeming petty and fake.

I also liked having just one set of "eyes" observing both teams rather than a separate person watching each team. Ivanka was able to bring a perspective of "I saw this from the winning team and didn't see it in the losing team" that we haven't gotten before.

As for Ivanka herself? I think that if she were just a run of the mill Trump employee, I'd like her outspoken nature. But since she's the daughter of the boss, that outspoken nature comes across with too much of a sense of entitlement and rubs me the wrong way. When she was talking about Martin fitting in "our organization" it sounded more like someone who hadn't been there for long shooting off her mouth rather than like an insider evaluating outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2198660;
    The tent is really going to motivate the losing teams (and it will stick in the back of the mind of the winning teams). We are going to have some driven people fighting hard. While the inherent value of the tent is low, the residual value of how it is going to affect the mindset of the applicants is huge. Let's not be so quick as to make a judgment about whether or not this is just a gimmick; not quite yet -- it has potential to really invigorate the show.
    Doesn't this imply that the grand prize - working for Trump - isn't all that appealing anymore? If they have to put in false motivation such as living in the tents in order to drive people to fight to win, that indicates that they're no longer driven to win by the game alone.

The opening segment with Trump talking to his wife and hearing Baron in the background was so staged with horrible voiceovers, how stupid does Trump think the viewers are to believe that?

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2198668;
    Doesn't this imply that the grand prize - working for Trump - isn't all that appealing anymore? If they have to put in false motivation such as living in the tents in order to drive people to fight to win, that indicates that they're no longer driven to win by the game alone.
    I don't consider it false motivation. I consider it 'induced stress'. They all THINK they want to work for Trump; but how many of them want it when it is 'hard'. Lots of people are motivated by lots of things until it becomes difficult. I have hired lots of people from lots of resumes, and you can't ever tell who will work on the crappy tasks just as much as they want to work on the cool tasks. I think the tent thing might be stupid , but then again, it might be brilliant.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like the idea of having the winning PM sit in on the board board meeting. They can give a unique perspective to the challenges. I don't like the idea of the winning PM remaining as the PM until they lose a challenge. I just think that doesn't let others who may be equally good have a chance to show what they can do.

When I first heard about the tent thing, I didn't like it at all. I kept thinking back to previous seasons when people were talking about how tired they were and about the lack of sleep. If someone isn't used to sleeping in a tent, they're not going to get any sleep. Couple that with not much time to get any sleep and you now have a bunch of severely sleep deprived people as opposed to those who get to sleep in the mansion who are only a little sleep deprived. It seemed to be to be an unfair advantage. However, after seeing the show last night, it looked like they had quite a bit of downtime, so those in tents should be able to catch naps, if needed. If they continue to have that much downtime, then I think the tent thing serves as a strong short-term motivator.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2198729;
    I like the idea of having the winning PM sit in on the board board meeting. They can give a unique perspective to the challenges. I don't like the idea of the winning PM remaining as the PM until they lose a challenge. I just think that doesn't let others who may be equally good have a chance to show what they can do.
    Does this create an environment that is more likely to prevent one team from winning over and over and over again, dominating the competition? I think you're right that if the same team wins repeatedly, then other members of that team will get frustrated that the PM is getting all the attention. So does that make it a little less likely that a team will stick together strong to keep winning? If people get jealous of a PM, are they less likely to fight task after task to continue making that PM look good since that may hurt their own chances? Then of course, it's also a bigger challenge to the PM to give credit where credit is due, and keep the team together.

FORT Fogey
    Sorry but that Tent thing is unneccessary!!! that's not a way to motivate people or to make the show look business professional as it wants us to believe

+ Reply to Thread