+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    I thought Ivanka was awesome. A refreshing addition to a series I had lost interest in. She's smart, quick and doesn't hold back!

FORT Fan
    I think Ivanka is doing a good job as well.
    Anyone else notice the big coed bedroom in the mansion? Then you have big outdoor showers for the losers. I think this a sexploitation-fueled drive for higher ratings. By the middle of the season I bet there are two people sharing one bed in the mansion or a coed shower happens outside.
    The best thing about the episode is the simplicity. They were running a car wash. We're back to the season 1 fun instead of shilling for the big corporation of the week. Hopefully this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2198291;
    Survivor ripoff: Tent City aka. Exile Island. I wonder how long before the hidden immunity paperweight is dug up from under the bushes by a lucky camper.

MsFroggy ... too funny !

Martin is a self-important twerp and Frank is a big blowhard. Martin was the obvious weak link but his teammates expressed a desire to remove Frank because he may be harder to eliminate later.

I wonder ... with retaining the same ( winning ) PM, if it will be harder to get to know the candidates unless they are featured in an episode, as Frank, Martin, Tim and Heidi were as well as the Olympic Medalist to some extent. If the other 13 cut me off in the checkout lane at the supermarket I still wouldn't know them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fanatic
    Survivor ripoff!
    Absolutely right, this "Survivor: LA Apprentice" may be the dumbest gimmick yet.
    It makes the show look juvenile and unprofessional, kind of surprised at DT for doing this. Maybe Rosie O'donnell's view is right about him.

It also looks like he and Ivanka enjoy humiliating and berating all these lawyers, mba's, professors, self-made business owners. Why would these people, many of whom must be fairly well off already if the bios are true, want to do this show and perform petty tasks and get treated like that on national tv?? How many times did he call them asses??

This looks like it might just be the last Apprentice series, I don't think this format is going to take.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2198429;
    Anybody besides me wish that Ivanka had been fired, too? She sure is no Carolyn.

I thought Frank should have gone, rather than Martin. (Flyers for a car wash???) He also should have been booted for that embarrassing spectacle he made of himself in the boardroom. Would you want someone who gets that hysterical running one of your corporations?
    Ivanka wasn't much brighter than the candidates, thats for sure. It looked like Trump was going to fire Frank until his spoiled daughter whined just like him about Martin. We saw enough to know Frank won't get the job and the boardroom spectacle might be enough to affect his reputation in whatever he really does today for a job. He should have got rid of both.

Quote Originally Posted by roots;2198434;
    I thought Ivanka was awesome. A refreshing addition to a series I had lost interest in. She's smart, quick and doesn't hold back!
    Yes,
    finally someone in the boardroom that's not afraid to speak their own mind and...... not try to parrot everything Trump says... <--new smiley!!!!

Next week we will see how Heidi explains Trump's decision....and see if she takes any credit..????

ETA: Keeping the same Project Manager is really a lame idea.....what are they thinking. How is anyone going to truly show their skills???
    Last edited by Vonna; 01-08-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2198546;
    ETA: Keeping the same Project Manager is really a lame idea.....what are they thinking. How is anyone going to truly show their skills???
    Well if the Project Manager is smart they will ask at the beginning who on their team knows the most about the task at hand and have them help plan what they are going to do.

I liked Ivanka. I even liked the tent thing. I don't care for Trump, but that won't stop my love of the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Another change I don't like is filming the show in California....., why would me, a proud native of California... say that???????

I went to NYC this last October....we all went into Trump Towers on 5th Avenue .....through the same doors all the fired Apprentices pull their luggage through....past the doorman and even rode the escalator up along side the waterfall to the Star Bucks...and it is every bit as cheesey as anyone could imagine....so

anyway, hubby and I were so looking forward to reminisce as the fired Apprentices pulled their luggage through the doors to the Taxi....and say "we were there!".. ..bummer
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Was anyone grossed out with the beginning? I don't know, but it just grosses me out to see Donald with a MUCH younger wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2198381;
    I can't imagine living in a tent with 9 strangers. I hated being in the same house with my ex let alone 9 people in a cramped back yard. Another note... what was up with the headband that Melani was wearing??? I don't even know where to start on that.
    oh man Realitychick I'm so glad that someone else was wondering WTF!?!? about that headband!! in fact I laughed out loud when I saw it

I normally think that Melania is very pretty but that headband was horrible!

Gawd! could it be that she has caught UTHS - "UGLY THINNING HAIR SYNDROME" from the Donald and is trying to hide her skull rather than do a comb over like the old man?

And on another note the whole "losers stay in a tent" is the dumbest twist EVER in a reality show.... it makes Donald look like a cheapskate idiot who doesnt know how to run a proper contest!

I thought The Apprentice was supposed to be about the prestige and pomp of breathing in the same rarified air as the Donald?? and glimpsing his oppulent lifestyle....that even a mere apprentice lives in a penthouse while competing for the position.........but NOPE..... a TENT??? GMAFB!!
    Real exciting for us viewers to watch people crawling around in a tent! and brushing their teeth with garden hose water

+ Reply to Thread