+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not watching

Since I'm a fan of the show I still watch no matter what, but I must admit I actually enjoyed the premiere. I'm not surprised by the ratings because it's directly up against Cold Case and Desperate Housewives. This Sunday is really going to be bad with the premiere of "24".
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I'm definitely not watching. Not only has this show gone downhill since the first season, but the egotistical maniac, aka Trump, gets on my nerves. He acts as if the whole world should be kissing the ground he walks on, and that bothers me immensely. I am glad the ratings are poor. I hope this show will cease to air after this season and Donald Trump will go back to running his business instead of running his mouth.

Oh, I'm definitely not watching and really not at all suprised by the lack of ratings. Unless of course you talk to Trump who said it was number one in the last half hour, you know.. when nothing else was on.. But yes Trump that's something to be proud of . I don't know how much of the ratings slide is to do with his silly feuds and over the top antics and how much of it has to do with the show itself. If I'm not mistaken ratings have been steadily sliding since season 2 (?) possibly 3.
    I won't be watching, but I haven't for the past several. Maybe an episode here or there, but I'm not following it.

I read somewhere, darn, can't remember where, that the show has been renewed for season 7. (this was before last Sunday)
    If I see the article again I'll post the link. Or, did anyone else read it and have the link?

I tuned in for the premiere and knew it was over from the moment Trump pulls in the driveway of "the palace" to be greeted by his wife & baby in an incredibly bad, horribly staged scene. Somebody take away his SAG card.

Aside from that, he's acting stark-raving mad.

Watching this season will be like watching a train wreck...you want to look away, but you can't. Tents, no George, no Caroline making that "WTF" face at the teams when they are doing something totally idiotic during a challenge, and this clown. All of that and it's still gotta be better than that Cops:Surreal Life thingy on CBS.

Heck of a lot of talk here for a show people AREN'T watching.

Then again, I've posted in the "Armed & Famous" forum, so who am I to talk?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jensbiggestfan;2202730;
    I tuned in for the premiere and knew it was over from the moment Trump pulls in the driveway of "the palace" to be greeted by his wife & baby in an incredibly bad, horribly staged scene. Somebody take away his SAG card.

Aside from that, he's acting stark-raving mad.
    what I couldnt get over about "the palace" was how UN-palace like it looked! LOL!

In fact it looked UN-finished and kinda dirty dusty crappy looking... I couldnt believe that "the Donald" was actually trying to brag about the place,,, compared to other celebrity mansions I've seen (heck even the houses used for "The Bachelor" etc are way nicer).... Donalds place didnt impress me at all

And then the whole fake baby giggling phone call and Melania alien headband forehead... yikes!

I think Donald is losing his mind
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 01-12-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Ok, I don't post much but do read often.
    I liked season 1 and it was because it was not corporation sponsored. Last season just seemed like a giant commercial.
    I also lost taste for trump after he went after Martha for bad ratings. So what if the show wasn't great, it could have gone by the wayside gracefully

I do like Rosie, I think she is Funny and her comments about Trump were not mean like his were. I wanted him on Today where all he did was bash Rosie while not wanting to talk about it and again on letterman where he jumped in all on his own.
    I had not planned to watch this season for the advertisement, but not watching Trump has been the biggest bonus. I hope the show bombs this season so he and his comb over can go away humiliated.

FORT Fogey
    I haven't watched this season, but I didn't watch last season either. I just lost interest and, when I think about it, it's probably because the first season was about people who wanted to succeed in business and the tasks were not corporate sponsored tasks.

And does anyone know about what's become of past winners? Other than Bill, have any of them succeeded in staying on the face of the earth?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast