+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: James - Season 6

James - Season 6

JOB: Internet Company Owner
    HOME: Seattle, Washington

Biography
    James, 29, immigrated from Seoul, Korea to the United States when he was four years old and grew up in Houston, Texas and Seattle, Washington. While earning his degree in business and computer information systems from the University of Washington, James started a technology investment fund at age 18 with just $5000 and turned it into over $2 million at age 23.

After graduating cum laude as a multi-millionaire, James joined one of the largest business consulting firms in the world, offering management consulting services to Fortune 500 companies.

He currently lives with his wife and two children in Seattle, where he is the CEO and founder of an Internet company that provides a unique approach to professional and online social networking at www.zoodango.com.

James firmly believes he should be the next Apprentice. "I bring a strong balance of Fortune 500 experience and the initiative and drive of a true entrepreneur," he says. "And I've already proven myself by achieving the 'American Dream' since I started with nothing to build everything I have today."
    Last edited by fluff; 12-18-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Woot, 2nd oriental Asian person to make it to apprentice =)
    All Hail Omarosa

FORT Newbie
    I'm sure you don't mean to offend, but nowaday is a real faux pas to call Asian people "orientals" as that word has imperial connotations. Much like how the N word for black people has negative connotations as well.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 01-10-2007 at 07:46 PM.

This guy may be the surprise of the season. He seems like a real winner - tenacious enough to get through school without a lot of help, smart, ambitious, and a family man. These are all qualities that Trump likes. If he has a good personality and is a good leader, he could be a contender.

FORT Fan
    Go James!!!

........maybe someone can explain to me why he would even be interested in an apprenticeship? Wouldn't that be digressing in his career......good luck anyway, James
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2189023;
    This guy may be the surprise of the season. He seems like a real winner - tenacious enough to get through school without a lot of help, smart, ambitious, and a family man. These are all qualities that Trump likes. If he has a good personality and is a good leader, he could be a contender.
    I agree. Very interesting.

Yul's parents also emigrated from South Korea and I have a feeling James will also do very well on the Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by dguy;2188161;
    I'm sure you don't mean to offend, but nowaday is a real faux pas to call Asian people "orientals" as that word has imperial connotations. Much like how the N word for black people has negative connotations as well.
    I'm Asian, and certainly I did not mean to bring any insult to the table what-so-ever, I apologize beforehand. Perhaps it is a western-Asian thing, we (eastern Asian) don't mind calling ourselves oriental though. Besides, what I was trying to imply was the far-eastern Asians (japanese, chinese, korean etc), I had no intention to offend anyone.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 01-10-2007 at 07:47 PM.
    All Hail Omarosa

FORT Newbie
    ummm Im Asian too, and Ive never heard of Asians being offended by the term "Oriental." Oriental is the technical term for us, and its actually better if you call us that instead of "Asian" because "Asian" includeds ALL countries in Asia, not just countries in the Orient, but most people when they hear "Asian" they think of an Oriental Asian person, rather than an Indian or a Sri Lanken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast