+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heidi - Season 6

I kind of agree with those of you who feel like Heidi has painted a big target on her own back by being so prominant early on.

Don't get me wrong. I like her. I like everyone really but its still early.

Quote Originally Posted by Swan Song;2209636;
    I kind of agree with those of you who feel like Heidi has painted a big target on her own back by being so prominant early on.

Don't get me wrong. I like her. I like everyone really but its still early.
    She didn't paint it. Donald did. The rule change did.

And we've already heard other people on her team in interviews state that it troubles them that Heidi is the perma-PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm starting to not like this woman. Seriously, her expression last night in the board room towards marissa was nasty. Marissa should of kept her mouth shut (a little bit) and focus on someone else.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

She took no responsibility for the loss at all. She was the manager and shot down every idea that Marisa had but failed to come up with any advertising of her own.

FORT Fogey
    As it stands today, I don't care for Heidi. I think she's so controlling of the little things that she loses site of the big picture. She's tightly wound and unemotive. Boring. Uninspiring.

We haven't seen enough of her actual management to call any of this for sure. Because the producers knew when they edited the show exactly how long she'd be PM, and because they didn't want to blow their wad with her and overexpose her, I think she got short shrift on how much of her day to day management we actually got to see.

So we know that Marissa had a single idea and Heidi shot it down? Does that really tell us anything about what else Heidi may or may not have decided in the dozens of hours of footage we DIDN'T get to see of her management reign?

And I do believe that it was emphasized in the boardroom that Marissa got stuck on one idea and wasn't exactly a fountain of originality herself. Sure, you can blame management for shooting down an idea, but what you really should be doing instead is going back to the drawing board and coming up with MORE ideas. And I don't count Marissa's insistence on changing the name of the bowl, since it wasn't even her idea (although frankly even the guy who thought of it didn't seem that attached to the concept).

I'm not going to succumb to the usual reality show viewer over-reaction of turning on an early favorite just because it seems we're mandated to. They'll have to actually show something substantially wrong with her, moreso than a vaguely interpretable sour expression and the gripping of someone on their way out the door at the very least, before I do. If we see something substantial, then fine. Screw her! But not yet...
    Last edited by Krom; 01-30-2007 at 10:57 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked;2219764;
    She took no responsibility for the loss at all. She was the manager and shot down every idea that Marisa had but failed to come up with any advertising of her own.
    Actually the group shot it down. And Marisa was in charge of advertizing I think, so she should of gave more ideas then just one that the other members of the team did not approve of.
    And now he's wrapped around her finger,
    She's the center of his whole world.
    And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by AngliDee;2220795;
    Actually the group shot it down. And Marisa was in charge of advertizing I think, so she should of gave more ideas then just one that the other members of the team did not approve of.
    If I remember correctly, Heidi called Marisa to give her the name and the marketing approach. Heidi dictated the marketing approach and Marisa tried to explain her approach but was shot down before fully explaining it.

Heidi should have been closer to the chopping block on this one. Maybe Marisa should still have been fired (and if she had shut up a bit more it might have helped, though Frank was much worse and he survived), but Heidi should have been on pins and needles worrying about it.

I am worried about her since she has a big target on her back as said earlier though...one mess up and she will take alot of the blame I think..
    And now he's wrapped around her finger,
    She's the center of his whole world.
    And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.

Another clear example that no one is perfect, however in this case I do think that Heidi barely survived at this point, I wonder who'll be the next Kinetic PM?
    All Hail Omarosa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast